• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is why we have the 2nd amendment right!

FordFairLane

Reaction score
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/01/02/man-shoots-new-years-day-intruder-in-wis/21193479/

Justin is my buddy and we actually were out with him New Years eve for dinner and a couple of drinks but he and his girlfriend went home right after midnight.

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Authorities are investigating after a 33-year-old man shot another man who broke into his house and assaulted him.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office said they received a call at 5:13 a.m. Thursday from Justin Schilling, of Centuria, Wis., who said he just shot someone who broke into his home.

Schilling told police he was sleeping inside his home on the 400 block of 4th Street when he heard someone pounding on his door. He said as he approached the door, a man kicked the door in and began assaulting him. Schilling said he was armed with a handgun and ordered the man to leave his home. After the man refused, he shot him in the leg/groin area.

Polk County deputies arrived to the scene and met with Schilling, who fled the residence and was waiting for police on Main Street. Deputies entered Schilling's home and found a 25-year-old man lying on the kitchen floor with a single gunshot wound to the leg/groin area.

He was transported to St. Croix Regional Medical Center then airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

Family of the man told police he is in stable condition at Regions Hospital.

The case remains under investigation.

Talking with Justin he really did everything he could not to shoot this meth head. Said it came down to after the guy clocked him a few times he strarted reaching for his gun so he shot low and dropped the guy. He then got up and started dumping out Justins kitchen drawers looking for a knife so Justin went to his bedroom locked the door and exited thru the window. Most people I know would have shot the dude again after you shot him and he gets up looking for a knife to kill you with and won't listen to you when you keep yelling at him to get down.

Might have been better off if he'd just killed him. Now there's going to be trials and lawsuits and a lot of "your word against mine" bullshit, and who knows what kind of crackhead jury you're going to end up with.

No charges and the Sheriff is on record stating Justin handled the situation perfectly. The intruder got sentenced for his second sexual assault in his young life on the 5th and will have more charges for this home invasion. We don't deal with libtard ideals in Wisconsin.

Good for your buddy.

Of course, will this ever make national news as yet another example of a firearm protecting a law-abiding citizen? Yeah, I don't think so.

Self protection is part of it. The major reason is to keep the government in check.

Self protection is part of it. The major reason is to keep the government in check.

This.^^^ God forbid that it ever comes to that, but I would not be surprised.

He should've just taken his beating like a man.

He should've just taken his beating like a man.

"Or like a mannish-kind of person, sorta."

obama%20bike%203.jpg

/s Bammy