• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This may deserve it's own thread - Cancer cured?

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope and pray this might be the cure.

1654564528798.png

Results from a small cancer trial that left every patient in remission is being praised as “unprecedented” and “remarkable.”

A paper published on Sunday at The New England Journal of Medicine outlined a study of 18 rectal cancer patients who were given dostarlimab every three weeks for six months and ended up cancer-free, including the first patient who is now two years out from the trial.

“I believe this is the first time this has happened in the history of cancer,” said Dr. Luis A. Diaz Jr. said, an author of the paper, The New York Times reported.

Dr. Andrea Cercek, an oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and another author of the paper, described “a lot of happy tears” at the end of the trial.

While noting the study needs replication, Dr. Kimmie Ng, a colorectal cancer expert at Harvard Medical School, called the trial results “remarkable” and “unprecedented.”

Just don't send any to Putin

Wow, that would be amazing. Every human being is born with a "cancer clock." You live long enough, you get cancer. You get the wrong type of cancer, you die.

A really small study of only 12 patients with a specific type of rectal tumor.
The article I read said 12, so even that is up for debate.

Not to down play it, because these results may lead to larger studies.

A really small study of only 12 patients with a specific type of rectal tumor.
Not to down play it, because these results may lead to larger studies.
Because that is how new drug development works!
Pre-clinical development, then small studies
Phase 1 Clinical trials
Phase 2 Clinical trials
Phase 3 Clinical trials.
(This stuff takes many years)
FDA Approval
Drug distribution begins.....

1654625492413.png

For those playing at home, the endpoint for the Pfizer Covid shot Phase 1 study is only a few months away!!! Nov 22, 2022!!!

Phase 1 Clinical trials
Phase 2 Clinical trials
Phase 3 Clinical trials.
FDA Approval

View attachment 8669

For those playing at home, the endpoint for the Pfizer Covid shot Phase 1 study is only a few months away!!! Nov 22, 2022!!!
:unsure: Yeah, over the years, I've heard of this FDA thing a time or two.

Phase 1 Clinical trials
Phase 2 Clinical trials
Phase 3 Clinical trials.
FDA Approval

View attachment 8669

But Novavax is getting pulled over hot coals today. I’d put money the fda denies it. For me if that happens just solidifies how corrupt those pos are

It will for sure be a giant step for a cure but not for us regular folk, we are only there to be the guinea pig. the cure will be reserved for the filthy rich and politicians. can't let people like us live that long.

I hope and pray this might be the cure.

View attachment 8664

Results from a small cancer trial that left every patient in remission is being praised as “unprecedented” and “remarkable.”

A paper published on Sunday at The New England Journal of Medicine outlined a study of 18 rectal cancer patients who were given dostarlimab every three weeks for six months and ended up cancer-free, including the first patient who is now two years out from the trial.

“I believe this is the first time this has happened in the history of cancer,” said Dr. Luis A. Diaz Jr. said, an author of the paper, The New York Times reported.

Dr. Andrea Cercek, an oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and another author of the paper, described “a lot of happy tears” at the end of the trial.

While noting the study needs replication, Dr. Kimmie Ng, a colorectal cancer expert at Harvard Medical School, called the trial results “remarkable” and “unprecedented.”

There are various types of cancer. It is can stop pancreatic the people will pay attention. Still encouraging news.

There are various types of cancer.

200w.webp

200w.webp

There is way too much money involved for cancer to be cured. In order to keep the money flowing cancer must continue.

There is way too much money involved for cancer to be cured. In order to keep the money flowing cancer must continue.
Not only the money to be made from the disease, but government wants/needs us to die as we become of no use to it.. A day before retirement would be ideal.

There is no magic bullet that will cure all cancers. There are a lot of cures for a lot of different cancers already that people don't talk about anymore because they cure the specific type of cancer they are designed for. The other thing that people don't understand is that cancer comes back because it is an anomaly of the body's own cells that causes them to mutate into cancerous tissue. You can cure cancer and be clear of it for years and it will still come back. There is no grand conspiracy to "make money treating cancer instead of curing it" you are simply always at risk of developing new cancer later.