• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Those WMDs in Iraq That Didn't Exist...

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/w...nd-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0

C.I.A. Is Said to Have Bought and Destroyed Iraqi Chemical Weapons

The Central Intelligence Agency, working with American troops during the occupation of Iraq, repeatedly purchased nerve-agent rockets from a secretive Iraqi seller, part of a previously undisclosed effort to ensure that old chemical weapons remaining in Iraq did not fall into the hands of terrorists or militant groups, according to current and former American officials.

The extraordinary arms purchase plan, known as Operation Avarice, began in 2005 and continued into 2006, and the American military deemed it a nonproliferation success. It led to the United States’ acquiring and destroying at least 400 Borak rockets, one of the internationally condemned chemical weapons that Saddam Hussein’s Baathist government manufactured in the 1980s but that were not accounted for by United Nations inspections mandated after the 1991 Persian Gulf war...

A New York Times investigation published in October found that the military had recovered thousands of old chemical warheads and shells in Iraq and that Americans and Iraqis had been wounded by them, but the government kept much of this information secret, from the public and troops alike.

These munitions were remnants of an Iraqi special weapons program that was abandoned long before the 2003 invasion, and they turned up sporadically during the American occupation in buried caches, as part of improvised bombs or on black markets.

There were several instances of US troops finding small stockpiles of older chemical weapons. The press (Flyin Lyin Brian) concluded it was not newsworthy since it was deemed some of them were old and leaky. Since the weapons were not new and shiny with a big sticker that said kill Americans then they couldn't have possibly been repackaged and used again. I still have no idea why Americans even watch the news anymore.

elfy will be along soon to tell us how we sabotaged the earth's climate by purchasing and dismantling these.

add this to other reports I have read and you can come to the conclusion that the WMDs were there and that the US Govt./ Military sat on the info in the interest of National Security. George W. Bush took all the heat for it from the left wing and he could have just gave them the info instead of taking the heat... We had a man of integrity in the White House and all the lefties could do was call him names and make fun of his intelligence.

add this to other reports I have read and you can come to the conclusion that the WMDs were there and that the US Govt./ Military sat on the info in the interest of National Security. George W. Bush took all the heat for it from the left wing and he could have just gave them the info instead of taking the heat... We had a man of integrity in the White House and all the lefties could do was call him names and make fun of his intelligence.

Probably true but I still don't see how reporting it would have hurt anything. That's why Boosh pissed off a lot of us on the Right, he wouldn't defend himself.

The media knows too much or thinks it knows... I think the media hurts national security more than it helps. Names get leaked and sometimes they basically tell the terrorists the best way around things. I do not blame bush for not saying anything.

The media knows too much or thinks it knows... I think the media hurts national security more than it helps. Names get leaked and sometimes they basically tell the terrorists the best way around things. I do not blame bush for not saying anything.

this.

i would guess that by stating we have purchased these may have solidified any rumors out there to those involved, which may or possibly could have put some people in danger. it's not like Uncle Sam just browsed Iraqi Craigslist for these.

and yinz say "buy back" programs don't work....

I guess it helps if you keep the receipts afterall.

this.

i would guess that by stating we have purchased these may have solidified any rumors out there to those involved, which may or possibly could have put some people in danger. it's not like Uncle Sam just browsed Iraqi Craigslist for these.

They were probably stamped Made in the USA on the side, which is probably why it was done so quietly?

and yinz say "buy back" programs don't work....

I guess it helps if you keep the receipts afterall.

They were probably stamped Made in the USA on the side, which is probably why it was done so quietly?

The original "Cash for Clunkers"?

Maybe this is where Bomma got the idears to save the auto industry...