• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Three Rivers Celebrity Softball Game RECAP!

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
WASHINGTON, PA (July, 17th) — For those of you that didn’t hear, there was an amazing event that took place this past Saturday at Wild Things Park in Washington, PA, just south of Pittsburgh. Several players from the Pittsburgh Steelers, talking media heads in the Pittsburgh area, entertainment personalities and more, all were invited to the Three Rivers Celebrity Softball Game, hosted by former Pitt All-American and NFL player, Dorin Dickerson! Part of the proceeds of the event will go to The Heyward House: The Cameron Heyward Foundation.

Check out the star-studded roster below:

1. Dorin Dickerson – West Allegheny High School Alum, All-American TE at the University of Pittsburgh, NFL alum
  2. Arthur Moats – 2010 6th round pick (Buffalo) in the NFL Draft, four years with Pittsburgh Steelers (2014-17), 11.5 career sacks with Pittsburgh
  3. Joey Mulinaro – Barstool Sports Personality, Steelers Fan
  4. Julius Page – Former University of Pittsburgh Men’s Basketball star, 93.7 The Fan Personality
  5. Zach Banner – Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle
  6. Alex Highsmith – 2020 3rd round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, LB
  7. Digs – Anthony DiGuilio, Content Producer for Pat McAfee Inc., the Pat McAfee Show, Heartland Radio Podcast
  8. Georges Laraque – Former Pittsburgh Penguins player
  9. Pat Freiermuth – Penn State TE, 2021 2nd round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers
  10. Morgan Urtso – Yinzhers Podcast
  11. John Irvin – CEO of Stiller Gang
  12. Justin Fabus – National Anthem Performer – Keystone Oaks graduate, Country Artist
  13. Terrell Edmunds – Pittsburgh Steelers safety
  14. Diontae Johnson – Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver
  15. Dwayne Haskins – Pittsburgh Steelers QB
  16. Cam Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers defensive captain, tackle
  17. Tyson Alualu – Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman
  18. Kendrick Green – Pittsburgh Steelers OL, 2021 3rd round draft pick
  19. Colin Dunlap – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host
  20. Chris Mack – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host
  21. Andrew Fillipponi – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host, CBS Sports Radio National Host “The Poni Express”
  22. Paul Zeise – 93.7 The Fan Radio Host

black-300x300.jpeg
gold-300x300.jpeg

Of course, our very own Morgan Urtso from the Yinzhers Podcast had an opportunity to play in the event! With the amount of popularity and traction the show has gained thus far in a matter of just a few months, having at least one of the Yinzhers co-hosts for this event was a must!

“Honestly, it was amazing to get such a solid group together to represent the city and support The Heyward House. From the players to the media and entertainers, every single person brought that good, magnetic energy, we were all pumped to do something fun for the community. I warned everybody ahead of time that I’m super athletic, so Colby pitched me really tough but that’s just because he was scared, so what can ya do. My favorite part was Joey [Mulinaro] launching that moon shot to left field, running out of the dugout to celebrate with Team Gold was epic. Also extremely surreal to be signing autographs for kids, but it reminded me that what we do at Yinzhers is important and has a real impact.” – Morgan Urtso
Facetune_.jpg

Morgan Urtso (#3) and Team Gold congratulate Joey Mulinaro on his early game home run at Wild Things Park | Photo credit: Twitter.com/JSKO84

The game ended up getting rained out, but that didn’t stop everyone from ending the night with a Home Run Derby featuring players from both teams! There ended up being a few hundred fans in the stands, and it didn’t seem like anyone wanted to leave, rain or shine.

We had an opportunity to also spend lots of time with President & General Manager of the Washington Wild Things, Tony Buccilli. He helped host the event and couldn’t have been more generous and accommodating to all of us here at SteelerNation.com who attended the game.

“We were so honored to host this event for Cam, Charlotte and The Heyward House. Dorin and I poured so much into making this event special for the fans, the sponsors and the participants. Collectively we take great pride in putting on top notch events and the feedback we received across the board has been amazing. I am so appreciative of everyone who made time to participant in the event and all those in attendance supporting the cause. We are eager to see the future of the Three Rivers Celebrity Softball game and we cannot thank all those involved enough.”

Check out more of some of the awesome pics and videos from the game below!

Fernando Tatis Jr. got nothing on @JoeyMulinaro #NUKE pic.twitter.com/NVucEqK245

— Washington Wild Things (@WashWildThings) July 18, 2021

Hahahahahahahaha https://t.co/a8dYfldpWZ

— morgan
🐉
(@tokyoXmo) July 18, 2021

#Steelers
🤝
Softball

Tonight, some of our guys showed out in a softball game benefiting @97HeywardHouse. pic.twitter.com/2asxyFvWQ2

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) July 18, 2021

score-e1626729282342.jpeg

I can honestly say this is one of the funnest days I’ve ever had, and I’m so grateful to have been able to participate in this event. This was the first of what everyone involved hopes to be an annual occurrence moving forward.

For more information on The Heyward House, please visit here: https://thecameronheywardfoundation.org/about-us/

A special thanks again to Dorin Dickerson and Tony Buccilli. See yinz next year!

5B8D8B4D-4E72-48C5-AFAF-A558EB8F1014.jpg

SteelerNation.com x Yinzhers Podcast (left to right: Brandon Wallace, Managing Editor at SteelerNation.com, Morgan Urtso, Yinzhers Podcast Co-Host, Samantha James, Yinzhers Podcast Co-Host, Jordan DeFigio, Yinzhers Podcast Co-Host, Justin McGonigle, Owner at SteelerNation.com)

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Who was MVP?