• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt on Color Rush Jerseys: “It brings so much energy”

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If yinz haven’t heard the news already, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be rocking their ever-so-popular Color Rush uniforms when they take on the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football!

The jerseys have gained so much popularity over the course of the last few seasons. Dating back to 2016 in a December game against the Baltimore Ravens, the Steelers are 6-1 when they were them. They were originally supposed to only be worn primarily on Thursday Night Football, but both fans and players have advocated for these jerseys to be worn whenever a “big game” calls for it.

Dear @heinzfield @steelers @SteelersPRBurt please guys.. can we get color rush for MNF? I wanna wear the color rush 7 just one more time. Give the people what they want.

— Kevin Adams (@KevinAdams26) November 1, 2021

The style is so slick, as it features the throwback block-style numbers, but with modern stripes all in gold.

“I love the color rush uniform,” said linebacker T.J. Watt. “I love the big block number. I’ve always been a fan of that. You get the all black. The gold pops so much.” He continued. “I think it brings so much energy to not only us, but the fans. Anytime we bring out the color rush, it always seems to be a big game, so I am excited to wear them.” – via Steelers.com

If you’re as obsessed with these jerseys as we are, check these out:

Some
🔥
for your phone #WallpaperWednesday pic.twitter.com/9Rp5HxCKbe

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) November 3, 2021

The Steelers will look to improve to 5-3 on Monday night and continue to keep pace in the AFC North. Do yinz think the good luck continues with the Color Rush jerseys? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I'm in the minority, I don't like them. Never a fan of the monochromatic look. It also prompted the Steelers to change their player introduction song from Right Here, Right/Sirius to Back in Black, so the entire energized buildup for the players running out of the tunnel is gone.

Now as far as the block numbers go, TJ is onto something...

I'm in the minority, I don't like them. Never a fan of the monochromatic look. It also prompted the Steelers to change their player introduction song from Right Here, Right/Sirius to Back in Black, so the entire energized buildup for the players running out of the tunnel is gone.

Now as far as the block numbers go, TJ is onto something...
Go all black pants. And I’ll be happy. Black pants, black socks. It’s good to go imo

TJ stated that they bring so much energy? Really? Who would have thought? Watt!!!!!! I am guessing Watt gets 4 or 5 sacks in the game then....with all of the extra energy. Go get'm Watt!!!!

I’m traditional, but I definitely enjoy watching them play in the color rush jerseys. One mandatory rule needs to be applied though. They can only wear them for night games. They are very slick looking at night. Waiting for the traditional throwback though. Nostalgia and all.

So much energy...like 1.21 gigaWatts!!

Reactions: MTC
I like them A LOT. Whatever helps get a W. Look good,feel good and play good!