• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt Says He’s ‘More Motivated Than Ever’

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Attention NFL – hide your quarterbacks, and lock your doors cause Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive Player of the Year TJ Watt says he has more coming next season.

Last night Watt brought home his first DPOY award after arguably getting robbed of it following the 2020 season.

It all started minutes after he failed to win last year with this tweet.

Screenshot_20220211-111822-964x1024.png

Watt wasn’t going to leave it up to debate in 2021.

“It was just one of those things where it wasn’t anything personal with me and Aaron Donald,” Watt told Brooke Pryor from ESPN. “I thought he was more deserving. It was just more kind of at the voters asking what more I had to do.”

So he went out and tied the single season sack record with 22.5. His 1.5 sacks per game are the second-most in NFL history behind Reggie White’s 1.75 in 1987 (White also won DPOY).

Watt doesn’t appear content to only win one of these awards.

T.J. Watt says he's even more motivated now that he's coming home with hardware from NFL Honors.

That's a scary thought
👀

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) February 11, 2022

“I feel like I’m just about to be entering the prime of my career and that’s why more than ever, I just want continue to find ways to get better at this game.”

Watt has watched his brother receive the award three times. That helped spark a fire in him that drove him to develop into the NFLs top pass rusher, and set him on a pace that could one day result in a Hall of Fame induction.

“I’m not huge on individual goals, but it’s tough for me not to want that when I saw my brother at the height of his career win the award three times. I always just thought to myself, why can’t I do that?”

Congratulations, TJ, you sure did earn this one. We’re certain that this won’t be your only one either.

WATCH TJ WATT AS HES PRESENTED THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD BY JJ WATT

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Good, hopefully Highsmith and it would be nice if Bush and Joe went and trained with the Watts, they can only learn and improve (knew to Tomlin as he thinks players grown and improve on their own without coaching) TJ said in one of his interviews that Alex would fit in nicely with them. I hope he takes advantage of possibly having a chance to go out and train with them. They are professionals 100%

Let Pouncey train up green, Lord knows the coaches aren’t. Be nice to see Chase hook up with a physical receiver in the off-season to learn to use his size and body strength

I see no reason why a healthy Watt can't chase down 25 sacks. If Highsmith can get to double-digit sacks this year, it will only help TJ go higher.

TJ's goal for next year should be 24 in sixteen games so there isn't any question about the seventeen game season. I see no reason he can't achieve that number.

Accept when Mediocre Mike drops him in coverage 15 plays a game to cover RB’s and WR’s a long with his 2 DL sets

21.5 Sack in a season we were historically bad at stopping the run.

How many would he have had if teams had to pass more? He could hit 30 sacks if healthy and we go back to stopping the run