• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

TJ Watt Ties NFL Single-Season Sack Record

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just before halftime at M&T Bank Stadium between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens in Week 18, All-Pro edge rusher and leading Defensive Player of the Year candidate, TJ Watt tied the NFL single-season sack record! He knows joins Michael Strahan with 22.5!

.@_TJWatt JUST TIED THE @NFL'S SINGLE-SEASON SACK RECORD! pic.twitter.com/G29gp8LqfL

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) January 9, 2022

Watt will have an opportunity in the second half to break the record with just .5 sacks needed. Watt also has four forced fumbles on the year and was recently voted the team’s Most Valuable Player for the third year in a row.

Congrats, TJ! More to come.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Ok so Strahan got the record with Favre intentionally falling at his feet. If the league isn't going to declare Watt the single season sack leader I'd like someone to ask Strahan what he thinks.

Had Cam not hit Huntley in the head, TJ would have gotten his .5 a sack. There were also at least
Two other times when Hurley just got the ball off before TJ closed in.

My opinion, but over on NFL.com it seems to me the article about TJ tying the record…they try to diminish the accomplishment by bringing up one of his sacks last week was a slide by Mayfield. …like that’s supposed to compare to Farve taking a dive for Strahan. They even write somthing like asterisk vs asterisk because of the 17 game season, even though everyone knows he missed 2.5 games.

My opinion, but over on NFL.com it seems to me the article about TJ tying the record…they try to diminish the accomplishment by bringing up one of his sacks last week was a slide by Mayfield. …like that’s supposed to compare to Farve taking a dive for Strahan.
Plus, how many other sacks during Strahan's record year were the result of slides by the opposing QB's? The clowns at NFL.com probably want you to believe that in every one of Strahan sacks he fought off 3 or 4 blockers, and chased down Lamar Jackson type QB's that were running at full speed.

My opinion, but over on NFL.com it seems to me the article about TJ tying the record…they try to diminish the accomplishment by bringing up one of his sacks last week was a slide by Mayfield. …like that’s supposed to compare to Farve taking a dive for Strahan. They even write somthing like asterisk vs asterisk because of the 17 game season, even though everyone knows he missed 2.5 games.
The same site that sold pictures of Harrison making tackles and then fined him?

Complete bullshit. He owns that sack record.

this is awesome. we have him for multiple years. he can break his own record multiple times

Do playoff sacks count towards the record?
no

And he definitely was screwed out of the record. If they are crediting him with a sack from Baker's slide, how is the Huntly fumble NOT a sack?

Do playoff sacks count towards the record?

Only regular season sacks count towards regular season sack record. I'm sure there is a post season record but not nearly as perstegious as the season one

Salute the nation

**** the 17 game arguement unless from this point forward they are going to put * by any and all records broken from here on out. RBs get an extra game for their totals etc. ect. ect..

Salute the nation