• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin called "Too Hip Hop" by Dolphins Management after Interview in 2007

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Didn't see this in the home page news stories. I saw the title of the video " Shame, Misery, and Failure Follow NFL Team's Racist Decision" and a thumbnail with Tomlin's face and thought; Oh **** what did some Steelers former player, former or current staff do or blurt out their pie hole? Just what we need a big stupid distraction right now while switching QBs and all that good stuff. Turns out it was a Dolphins exec who said it.

Anyway I'm not going to post the video. I'll post the link because there is like a 5 to 10 second segment in the middle from Fox News(political) which I didn't really get what the point was of that as I was just relieved and didn't pay attention after I realized it had nothing to do with the current Steelers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUM-D3paDBk

Mods get rid of this thread or leave it, whatever. I thought this had just come out, it came out in 2011...LOL. The video is new..the story not so much.

Last edited:
The story goes across both football and political lines. Probably best suited in the political forum.

Nevertheless an interesting story.

The story goes across both football and political lines. Probably best suited in the political forum.

Nevertheless an interesting story.
Yeah I was watching Steeler videos and that video popped up in suggested videos. Didn't know it had anything political in it as it was from a channel called TYT Sports.

So ask yourself this question. If he had been hired by the Dolphins in 2007 do you honestly think he would have survived there this long?
No. And not wanting to piss off the Tomlin fans, but my guess is he would be a D coordinator somewhere right now more than likely.

He'd have been out of head coaching 10+ years ago if he'd gone to the Dolphins. So there is that. If he even cares, he should be glad they did him a big favor.

mike-tomlin-mike-tomlin-dancing.gif

Will some higher power please give me a headcoach, please?

The Steelers have a regular season gold medalist. We don't have a headcoach.
STFU. This rhetoric is beyond annoying.

So he's a players coach. He celebrates wins. He keeps cancerous players in check, while in Pittsburgh.

Blah, blah, ******* blah mediocre ****...

He's going nowhere until he's ready to go.

Period the end.

Have a nice ******* day...

Didn't see this in the home page news stories. I saw the title of the video " Shame, Misery, and Failure Follow NFL Team's Racist Decision" and a thumbnail with Tomlin's face and thought; Oh **** what did some Steelers former player, former or current staff do or blurt out their pie hole? Just what we need a big stupid distraction right now while switching QBs and all that good stuff. Turns out it was a Dolphins exec who said it.

Anyway I'm not going to post the video. I'll post the link because there is like a 5 to 10 second segment in the middle from Fox News(political) which I didn't really get what the point was of that as I was just relieved and didn't pay attention after I realized it had nothing to do with the current Steelers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUM-D3paDBk
those dudes must have a really low bar for "hip hop". this is too funny. poor tomlin, if his own players aren't parodying him as a terrorist, he's getting thrown in with "hip hop" culture by management.

Miami sucks then, they suck now and they sucked in between. Tomlin is lucky he seemed to hip hop as he landed the most preferred HC job in professional sports history.