• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin says starters are gonna play...

I'd bet a short series or maybe a 2.

I think it's a good thing to get them going, might help on the notorious Tomlin slow start to the season.

Salute the nation

Play them a half. They need to gell together. All young players. Do it Tomlin.

Watt, Heyward, Fitzpatrick, and Harris all probably wouldn't play a single snap. The first three because they are vital for the success of the defense and Harris because he already has an insane amount of mileage.

Wexell reports that McFarland has looked good all camp.

Wexell reports that McFarland has looked good all camp.
He was decent last year in camp as well. I don't want to read too much into McFarland because RB is about the easiest position to make an instant impact and he's going into year four. Hopefully it finally clicked for him because the Steelers could use more speed on offense.

Just crossing my fingers everyone comes out of the game healthy. No strains or sprains.

I'd say the starters get a quarter in the first two games and most will get nothing in the 3rd game.

Aftfer year 2 its unlikely a RB has a big breakout. Statistically the odds are very low, except for situations where a guy finally gets a shot to play. Mcfarland has been around for years, as has Harris.
They have been playing football literally 15+ years by now minimum, they don't just get lucky and have a magic switch flip giving them extra speed, power, vision or shiftiness. They are who they are.
I want to see more touches for Jaylen, he's never put out the bad tape.