• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump softens stance on Paris climate pact

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Trump softens stance on Paris climate pact

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/307211-trump-i-have-an-open-mind-on-paris-climate-pact

Bwahaha ha ha ha ha oh oh MY GOD! ha ha ha let's see the Trump Chumps© B.S. themselves out of this one!

Ohhh my sides are splitting!

President-elect Donald Trump stepped back from his pledge to quickly pull the United States out of the Paris climate agreement Tuesday, leaving the door open for the agreement to stay in place under his presidency.

In a meeting with New York Times journalists at the newspaper’s Manhattan headquarters, columnist Tom Friedman asked about Trump’s position on withdrawing from the climate pact, according to Times reporter Mike Grynbaum, who was in the room.

“I’m looking at it very closely,” Grynbaum reported Trump as saying. “I have an open mind to it.”
Trump also walked back from his previous position that climate change is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese to threaten American manufacturing.

“I think there is some connectivity” between human activity and climate change, Trump said. “Some, something. It depends on how much.”

Pulling out of the Paris deal was one of Trump’s most high-profile pledges in the energy policy sphere on the campaign trail this year.

“We’re going to cancel the Paris climate agreement,” Trump said at a May speech in North Dakota.

He also promised to roll back all of President Obama’s executive actions and regulations on climate change, including the Clean Power Plan.

His position aligns with most mainstream Republicans. But diplomats and leaders around the work have harshly criticized Trump on his position on Paris since the election and urged him to stay in the accord.

United Kingdom Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, a vocal Trump supporter, added his voice to the mix Tuesday, saying that he and the nation’s government would push Trump to retain the United States’ position in the agreement, according to the Guardian.

An aide in Trump’s transition team told Reuters days after the election that they are looking into ways to quickly exit the pact, including cutting off the United States’ membership in the United Nations’ entire climate agency.

The pact, reached last December, includes non-binding greenhouse gas limits that each country determined for itself. President Obama, a key figure in reaching the deal, pledged the United States to cut its emissions by 26 to 28 percent by 2025.

All bark, no bite, establishment RINO!

I believe that Obama is still President. You guys are ridiculous in your desperate reactions. Remember Elfman, you were wrong before..as were the media, and the dumbass pundits.

Well they are the obscure leftist lunatic fringe party. This game hasn't even started yet for President Trump. Dear leader is just a pardoning ******* left and right. He's at 1000 so far. I'm sure it's frantic truckloads of new regulations being pumped out right now as well.That phone of his is running out of battery and his pen is almost out of ink....ahhhh good times.

So elfiePoloFakeEbonicsNativeAmericanRabbiLiar posts that it is hilarious that the President Elect seems more supportive of his position as to "global warming, err, cooling, uhh, climate models and climate something" ...

And thinks that is hilarious? And reason to engage in psychotic "internet laughing"?

Jesus, elfiePoloEtc., just do all concerned a favor and kill yourself.

he didn't sa he believes in global warning now he just said he has a open mind.

And he can keep an open mind while he pulls the US out of the Paris accords.

Holy **** the left are complete idiots, The closed-minded ones are those who say AGW is settled science!

Trump saying "I'll keep an open mind" is just like Patton saying "Of couse I want peace"...

he didn't say he believes in global warning now he just said he has a open mind.

They are more hysterical than ever

"An open mind" is a perfectly scientific attitude..

As opposed to "it's settled".

He said exactly what should be said. Trump wins again!

The new buzz term is "Climate Fraud" and Trump will defund all the BS climate change projects.

As I told ALL my friends, both liberal and conservative. Trump's "positions" during the campaign don't mean anything. He takes outrageous positions on EVERY issue because he fundamentally realizes it is all a negotiation.

And the only way to successfully negotiate is to take extreme positions, bluff about what is most important to you, play your cards as close to your vest as possible and agree on things you are willing to sacrifice.

THAT is what negotiations are all about. To say Trump is "softening" on positions is exactly fundamental to the "Expert Negotiator" policy he ran on in the first place. That he will negotiate better deals (on everything) for the American people and conservative principles.

I find it fascinating the media hasn't picked up on this yet..... But they are all stupid and take everything so literally they are blinded to the nuances of what being a real leader and negotiator are.