• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump’s EPA Just Greenlighted a Pesticide Known to Damage Kids’ Brains

katsung47

Reaction score

EPA chief Scott Pruitt hails the move as a return to “using sound science in decision-making.”
TOM PHILPOTTMAR. 27, 2017 6:39 PM

Major studies have found strong evidence that low doses of chlorpyrifos inhibits kids’ brain development, with effects ranging from lower IQ to higher rates of autism.

http://www.motherjones.com/environm...e=twitter#810178352871047168-tw#1494872052283

This is the biggest softball lob I've ever seen...........and I'm not going to take a swing. So.....damn.....tempting.

Last edited:

EPA chief Scott Pruitt hails the move as a return to “using sound science in decision-making.”

Major studies have found strong evidence that low doses of chlorpyrifos inhibits kids’ brain development, with effects ranging from lower IQ to higher rates of autism.

http://www.motherjones.com/environm...e=twitter#810178352871047168-tw#1494872052283
Oddly enough, this post is actually coherent.

That's the avenue my brain immediately went to.
When corkscrews like this show up, my default reaction is that this is Diamond Dave ******* with us.
If not true, reality is much more stranger.

Pinky spinky winky tinky stinky inky ooga booga moo goo pan pan spider pickle sand man...

Mother Jones is a *****

EPA Administrator Pruitt Denies Petition to Ban Widely Used Pesticide

WASHINGTON -- Today, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt signed an order denying a petition that sought to ban chlorpyrifos, a pesticide crucial to U.S. agriculture.

“We need to provide regulatory certainty to the thousands of American farms that rely on chlorpyrifos, while still protecting human health and the environment,” said EPA Administrator Pruitt. “By reversing the previous Administration’s steps to ban one of the most widely used pesticides in the world, we are returning to using sound science in decision-making – rather than predetermined results.”

“This is a welcome decision grounded in evidence and science,” said Sheryl Kunickis, director of the Office of Pest Management Policy at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). “It means that this important pest management tool will remain available to growers, helping to ensure an abundant and affordable food supply for this nation and the world. This frees American farmers from significant trade disruptions that could have been caused by an unnecessary, unilateral revocation of chlorpyrifos tolerances in the United States. It is also great news for consumers, who will continue to have access to a full range of both domestic and imported fruits and vegetables. We thank our colleagues at EPA for their hard work.”

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...t-denies-petition-ban-widely-used-pesticide-0

-----------------

Now they need to bring back DDT to kill those ******* disease laden mosquitoes!

Bureaucrat Responsible For EPA’s DDT

Environmentalists like activist-author Rachel Carson claimed DDT caused cancer and killed wildlife – their claims were later found without merit, but not before the pesticide was outright banned inside the U.S. and later around the world.

The EPA’s ban eventually led to the suffering of tens of millions of people from mosquito-borne disease. Alternatives haven’t worked, and WHO director-general Margaret Chan recently blasted the ban in a speech to the World Health Assembly.

“Above all, the spread of Zika, the resurgence of dengue, and the emerging threat from chikungunya are the price being paid for a massive policy failure that dropped the ball on mosquito control in the 1970s,” she told a WHO panel in 2016. Her comments were addressing the history of curbing the use of pesticides like DDT.

Policy experts are lobbying to bring back DDT, which they say could eventually eradicate Zika.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/07/b...s-ddt-ban-says-trump-must-beef-up-the-agency/

Mother Jones is a *****

WASHINGTON -- Today, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt signed an order denying a petition that sought to ban chlorpyrifos, a pesticide crucial to U.S. agriculture.

“We need to provide regulatory certainty to the thousands of American farms that rely on chlorpyrifos, while still protecting human health and the environment,” said EPA Administrator Pruitt. “By reversing the previous Administration’s steps to ban one of the most widely used pesticides in the world, we are returning to using sound science in decision-making – rather than predetermined results.”

“This is a welcome decision grounded in evidence and science,” said Sheryl Kunickis, director of the Office of Pest Management Policy at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). “It means that this important pest management tool will remain available to growers, helping to ensure an abundant and affordable food supply for this nation and the world. This frees American farmers from significant trade disruptions that could have been caused by an unnecessary, unilateral revocation of chlorpyrifos tolerances in the United States. It is also great news for consumers, who will continue to have access to a full range of both domestic and imported fruits and vegetables. We thank our colleagues at EPA for their hard work.”

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/ep...t-denies-petition-ban-widely-used-pesticide-0

-----------------

Environmentalists like activist-author Rachel Carson claimed DDT caused cancer and killed wildlife – their claims were later found without merit, but not before the pesticide was outright banned inside the U.S. and later around the world.

The EPA’s ban eventually led to the suffering of tens of millions of people from mosquito-borne disease. Alternatives haven’t worked, and WHO director-general Margaret Chan recently blasted the ban in a speech to the World Health Assembly.

“Above all, the spread of Zika, the resurgence of dengue, and the emerging threat from chikungunya are the price being paid for a massive policy failure that dropped the ball on mosquito control in the 1970s,” she told a WHO panel in 2016. Her comments were addressing the history of curbing the use of pesticides like DDT.

Policy experts are lobbying to bring back DDT, which they say could eventually eradicate Zika.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/07/b...s-ddt-ban-says-trump-must-beef-up-the-agency/

Sure, millions of Africans may have died because liberals wanted to get rid of DDT without any research, but they meant well so that's all that matters.

Trump's EPA....Bwahahahaha

You might get away with that BS on facebook but the SN'ers are a bit smarter than that...as you might have noticed.

oXYtQfv.jpg

This chlorpyrifos stuff looks pretty nasty, based on a quick Google search. It's a neurotoxin. Seems like solid research - more likely under this administration - is needed to determine the risk.

All pesticides are poisonous to humans. It's unlikely that society is ready to hear the real risk equations in place for agriculture/pest control.

This chlorpyrifos stuff looks pretty nasty, based on a quick Google search. It's a neurotoxin. Seems like solid research - more likely under this administration - is needed to determine the risk.

All pesticides are poisonous to humans. It's unlikely that society is ready to hear the real risk equations in place for agriculture/pest control.

True dat but it has been like that since the dawn of chemicals. Most of the risks are taken by the people who actually handle and apply the chemical to the crops and not so much the residual effects from plants to humans. Getting liquid chemicals into runoff areas is the worst because it will reach ponds, aquifers and well water.

I bought some stuff ( Bifen IT ) to attack my spider infestation in the barn and it turned out that it was a termite killer too. After reading the instructions, I was afraid to handle the bottle for fear of my life. I thought I was handling something like Paraquat. Long story short, after the multiple layers of protection I had donned were removed, the job completed, I released the pressure in the sprayer right into my face. Dumb *** move but no aftereffects, like they predicted on the label.. Turns out that this deadly liquid was not so bad after all, cause I went on U-tube and watched people spraying this stuff inside a house with out any protection at all.

Sometimes I wonder if chemical companies are just paranoid that the environmental lefties are living in their closets.

Sometimes I wonder if chemical companies are just paranoid that the environmental lefties are living in their closets.

Well, it's that, or the lawyers just salivating to make their next TV commercial. People need to be responsible, think, before doing something stupid.

Trump's EPA....Bwahahahaha You might get away with that BS on facebook but the SN'ers are a bit smarter than that...as you might have noticed.
That's correct, because there won't be an EPA left under Trump. Deregulate, free up our natural reserves for mining and drilling, exit paris accord, let corporations pump poisons and chemicals into their products, yee haw, MAGA!

vietnam_formosa_enviromental_500x279.jpg

That's correct, because there won't be an EPA left under Trump. Deregulate, free up our natural reserves for mining and drilling, exit paris accord, let corporations pump poisons and chemicals into their products, yee haw, MAGA!

And let's not forget that Trump kicks puppies. He also kicks puppies.

And yet murdering 100 million unborn babies a year - no problem for the lefties

And yet murdering 100 million unborn babies a year - no problem for the lefties
Which has everything to do with environmental deregulation and the EPA.

554.gif

I guess some can't read

Mother Jones is a *****

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa...ed-pesticide-0

-----------------

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/07/bu...up-the-agency/

vietnam_formosa_enviromental_500x279.jpg

LOL...Leave it to Tibsy to be the first to go all environmental, killing poor folks with mining and drilling and pumping poisons and "denier-denier" stuff, oh and fracking, evil evil fracking.

I shoulda knowd.and what's this OUR stuff....you move back recently ?

I'll bet that's a picture of your week's catch from your little boat vacation over there off that island .