• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's tax returns

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what's in them. There must be some reason he doesn't want to release them.

I have a tendency to think it's run of the mill stuff. like he probably has no earned income, only investment income, claims tons of business expenses, depreciation and losses, invests overseas and pays virtually no taxes. He sure isn't pulling down a salary, paying payroll taxes etc,

All perfectly legal and none of it matters to me, but it's probably not going to go over too well with his "champion of the ordinary guy" image,

I wonder what's in them. There must be some reason he doesn't want to release them.

I have a tendency to think it's run of the mill stuff. like he probably has no earned income, only investment income, claims tons of business expenses, depreciation and losses, invests overseas and pays virtually no taxes. He sure isn't pulling down a salary, paying payroll taxes etc,

All perfectly legal and none of it matters to me, but it's probably not going to go over too well with his "champion of the ordinary guy" image,
Will not matter at all. He is a billionaire and everyone knows it. You make no sense

I've read some speculation that he's not as wealthy as he likes to portray due to complicated leveraged positions, etc. I doubt it would be his reasoning for failing to disclose however.

He's being audited. Coincidence? I don't think so. One year of tax returns doesn't mean ****. He's already disclosed his personal finance statement. That's the most accurate picture of his wealth.

At this point, what difference does it make?

Trump's tax returns. I wonder what's in them.

Skeletons-In-The-Closet.png

I don't care about his tax returns. Sure, his tax rate is probably lower than many would like but I don't blame him for trying to pay the least taxes possible. Everyone and I mean everyone does the same thing. His taxes have gotten audited almost every year, which is very unusual. That is why he hasn't released them. His most recent tax return is currently being audited. He'll probably release them at some point. I don't think Hillary released hers yet and the other GOP candidates just released theirs to try and find a way to get at Trump.

He's being audited. Coincidence? I don't think so. One year of tax returns doesn't mean ****. He's already disclosed his personal finance statement. That's the most accurate picture of his wealth.

A quote from Jim Traficant testifying on the House floor:

COINCIDENCE
October 8, 1997

Mr. Speaker, Patricia Mendoza heckled the President; she got audited. Kent Brown sued the First Lady; he got audited. The National Center for Public Policy criticized the White House; they got audited. Billy Dale got the White House mad; he got audited. Paula Jones refused a cash settlement; she got audited.

If that is not enough to tax your disgust, Shelly Davis, the author of Unbridled Power, who testified about IRS abuses before the Senate, got a notice in the mail yesterday; she is being audited.

Unbelievable. After all this, an IRS spokesman said, coincidence, all coincidence. I say, Mr. Speaker, the IRS has turned into a bunch of political prostitutes.

I want to apologize to all the hookers in America for having associated them with the IRS. I say beam me up, dot com, coincidence this.

Trump: "I will release my tax returns when Hillary releases her Wall Street speech transcripts"

I can write this stuff

It's interesting to me that the MSM, willing aly of the political left is demanding tax returns from Trump but didn't care a fig about B-Rocks Birth Certificate or college transcripts.

Kinda ironic Traficant gets mentioned as he rivaled Trumps ridiculous hairstyle.

Except Traficant paid good money to have his installed.
I was in college with his nephew, also named James Traficant.

I suspect Trump is just using it as an excuse not to release them but the fact is that if you are being audited then things can change and what his tax returns say now may not be what they say after an audit, not that he's cheating just that things can change because large corporate tax returns are very complex, so what he releases now may not be accurate.

Last edited:
Obama and his justice department did nothing about the beyond obvious liberal corruption in the IRS. That speaks for itself about what the IRS has become. If I'm the GOP candidate, one of the first things I do is get rid of the IRS and go to a flat or fair tax system.