• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two dead in shooting in PIttsburgh

By WPXI.com News StaffApril 17, 2022 at 12:52 pm EDT
PITTSBURGH, Pa. — PITTSBURGH MASS SHOOTING LINKS:

Airbnb has issued a statement following a mass shooting at one of their rental properties on the North Side of Pittsburgh.

In an email to Channel 11, Airbnb issued the following statement:

We share the Pittsburgh community’s outrage regarding this tragic gun violence. Our hearts go out to all who were impacted -- including loved ones of those who lost their lives, injured victims and neighbors.

Airbnb strictly bans parties, and we condemn the behavior that is alleged to have prompted this criminal gun violence. The booking guest has been issued a lifetime ban from Airbnb and we will be considering all legal options to hold this person accountable.

We have reached out to the Pittsburgh Police Department as well as Mayor Gainey’s team to offer our support for their investigations, and we hope the people responsible for this bloodshed will be found quickly.

Airbnb told Channel 11 that this was an unauthorized party that was thrown without the knowledge or consent of the host.

The host of the property clearly had rules that stated “No parties allowed, any evidence of parties will result in a $500 fee.” and “please respect the noise curfew 10pm-7am,” according to Airbnb.

Airbnb also said that users must be at least 18-years-old to have an account with them.

Sad.

While tragic, Airbnb and other short term rentals similar to them live to host a party atmosphere, regardless of what their "rules" state.
Anyone living close to one of these will attest to that.

Crazy violent guns. They just go off without warning. Someone should do something.

I'll sleep better knowing the renter has a lifetime ban....

Even with the lifetime ban, I'd bet their review is going to be pretty harsh. Nice opening communication and paid on time but held a huge block party and people were shot and killed. I would not recommend this renter.

Did you see all those middleclass white kids?

13-50/80 in full effect.

Terrible. Good thing nobody got stampeded. When you see "2 juveniles dead" your heart sinks a little.

So not directly tied to this thread, but there was a BLM protest yesterday. Yinzers in da Burgh may have heard about it. Protesting against Jim Rogers, who died in 2021.

Police tried to clear out a protest blocking an intersection on Penn Ave and Center St. Some black trans character went too far and got knocked the ******* out. LOL

1650293903157.png

The article makes an interesting point:

The group of around 20 people gathered to demand justice for Jim Rogers, a Black man who died in October 2021 less than 24 hours after Pittsburgh Police officers tased him eight times.

So let me get this straight...if you get a Pfizer Covid clot shot or your 12th booster and die within 24 hours, it absolutely had nothing to do with the shot. But if you are black and die within 24 hours of a confrontation with police, it is always because of da police....

So this screeching excuse for a human being

wickerham_pittsburghcitypaper_issue16_2022_1276.jpg

Attacked an officer...she wasn't intervening as the article states...look at her right hand clenched in a fist...and got put on her ***. Good!!

wickerham_pittsburghcitypaper_issue16_2022_1785.jpg

those cops are amazing. Can't say that I wouldn't have gone all WWE on them.

So this screeching excuse for a human being

wickerham_pittsburghcitypaper_issue16_2022_1276.jpg

Attacked an officer...she wasn't intervening as the article states...look at her right hand clenched in a fist...and got put on her ***. Good!!

wickerham_pittsburghcitypaper_issue16_2022_1785.jpg

She is a he. Just saying.

You don't have to call hes who think they are shes hes here.

My cousin is a cop not too far away from Wilkinsburg. I'm sure he would've done the same exact thing (and probably would've added a little cherry on top).

What these guys/gals have to put up with, many of them show amazing restraint and calm. I couldn't do that.

About time law enforcement is allowed to take back the streets. If you want to protest, fine, but keep it off the streets unless you have permission ahead of time and the locality can prepare for it. The protesters are not only putting themselves and law enforcement at risk but also people just trying to just go about their day and fire and EMS.