• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two NFL games on Christmas this year...Wednesday

But the NFL is so concerned about player safety by modifying kickoffs (again), and eliminating tackling from behind the ball carrier. ******* hypocrites, Goodell, the owners, and the NFLPA that agrees to it.

I don't like most of what the NFL does and they quickly changed their mind on the mid-week Christmas game. I actually love this one.

Maybe they give the teams playing on Christmas a bye the Sunday before. Super late

They mentioned the teams playing the Saturday before Christmas so it would be similar to Thursday night games earlier in the season. Like that makes it just fine. Today the commish was talking glowingly about the elimination of the hip drop and the next moment talking about the high ratings on Christmas so that makes Wednesday just fine.

In the article they talk about doing this “time frame before” during the covid season. Who the **** do you t5hink they screwed over on that one ?????

****-ers had the STEELERS play 3 games in 12 days. We had players falling out injured right and left, but the article claims no rise in injury so it will be fine.

I don’t really car either way, but it will be another opportunity for the “Rog” to **** over the STEELERS again.

Salute the nation

I’m probably one of the few that thinks there should be a 3 day break of no games at all on Christmas Season. Like the NHL does. Christmas Eve,day,and Boxing Day. Shut it down. Seems like no one actually gives a **** about the players even though they say they do. They all have families,I’m sure the kids would like Dad home for Christmas.

Last edited:
I’m probably one of the few that thinks there should be a 3 day break of no games at all on Christmas Season. Like the NHL does. Christmas Eve,day,and Boxing Day. Shut it down. Seems like no one actually gives a **** about the players even though they say they do. They have all have families,I’m sure the kids would like Dad home for Christmas.

Part of the “taking players for granted” is that they do make an entitled amount of money for what they actually do. I hear what you are saying about the family Xmas and kids, but the NFL has become an entertainment industry that cashes in when the time is right. To many people at home to not present the entertainment for the TV rating needed to bring in / justify the very large contracts.

Salute the n ation

Part of the “taking players for granted” is that they do make an entitled amount of money for what they actually do. I hear what you are saying about the family Xmas and kids, but the NFL has become an entertainment industry that cashes in when the time is right. To many people at home to not present the entertainment for the TV rating needed to bring in / justify the very large contracts.

Salute the n ation
I totally get what you’re saying. And I am the first one to say their salaries are absolutely ridiculous. And of course I watch the games,so I am a bit of a hypocrite. In the same vain I also think….is nothing sacred anymore? Should be time for families with the kids,siblings,grandparents etc. Never mind ticket holders with obligations. I’d be hoping there was no game on Xmas eve or day If I was a seasons ticket holder. Plus the travel for out of towners,jacked up Christmas hotel,plane fairs.
All it would take is a commissioner with balls to implement it. After X amount of years Fans would get used to it and it would be just part of the game. i bet the players union would resoundingly vote yes.

Maybe they give the teams playing on Christmas a bye the Sunday before. Super late

I'm betting they will have the team play the prior Saturday. Late in the year, the schedule does have some Saturday games. That would give the same short week as playing Thursday.

Salute the n ation
These players can afford a Christmas anytime with their salaries.

They’ll be ok

I totally get what you’re saying. And I am the first one to say their salaries are absolutely ridiculous. And of course I watch the games,so I am a bit of a hypocrite. In the same vain I also think….is nothing sacred anymore? Should be time for families with the kids,siblings,grandparents etc. Never mind ticket holders with obligations. I’d be hoping there was no game on Xmas eve or day If I was a seasons ticket holder. Plus the travel for out of towners,jacked up Christmas hotel,plane fairs.
All it would take is a commissioner with balls to implement it. After X amount of years Fans would get used to it and it would be just part of the game. i bet the players union would resoundingly vote yes.

I’m definitely in this boat as well, I was just S’plainiN the why it happens part.

The greed of some affects many as this is a prime example.

Salute the nation