• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two of the Three Drivers I employ voted for Joe Biden, ......

Stoney

Reaction score
Now they're complaining that gas prices are so high it isn't worth coming to work. What should I do?

A) Increase their mileage reimbursement to compensate for their mistake
B) Tell them to go f*ck themselves and make all the deliveries myself
C) *insert your idea here*

And the killer is that they still refuse to admit its the fault of his policies. F'n people.....

D) Tell them the high gas prices are transitory, wait for the amazing green energy, they should buy an electric car, what they're too good to bicycle to work? Then tell them you're Joe the Slow and break wind like the Gjallarhorn at a Vikings game.

E. Kick them both in the balls, if they identify as men of course, and say “feel that?” Yeah. **** you go home your fired.

I guess it depends on how much you need them. My GF's son who is 16 will be making $13 / hr just bussing tables. I am not sure it matters who is president because how can they fix what is going on? Sure you can rely on domestic oil more to lower gas prices, but then what? They are not going to roll back hourly rates for people. People who were making $9-$10 hr are now making $14-$15 / hr so all goods cost more and will continue to cost more. I think at best a new president could only stabilize things where they are at now to keep things from just continuing to go up.

Sure you can rely on domestic oil more to lower gas prices, but then what?

First, lowering energy costs, particularly fuel, lowers the cost of EVERY-*******-THING. Every goddamn good needs to be transported to market so lower fuel costs = lower costs for everything.

Second, then you pay THE FIFTY ******* DOLLARS YOU OWE ME.

Give them some "Joe Biden I did that!" stickers and tell them elections have consequences. Tell them they shouldn't vote anymore because they obviously have the mental capacity of Joe Biden. Which is that of a melted crayon.

I'm thinking of starting a "Please don't vote if you're ignorant and oblivious to current affairs" campaign.

Now they're complaining that gas prices are so high it isn't worth coming to work. What should I do?

And the killer is that they still refuse to admit its the fault of his policies.
you have a few issues:
1) the cost of delivery has gone up, so you need to recover that from customers. This is how inflation works, and why the effect is lagged.
2) you employ folks that have personal agendas that run counter to your business's best interests.
Why would you not expect problems with them?
3) you have an opportunity to adjust your business model so that the cost your customers pay is aligned with your costs: fuel surcharge, which shows them that you are only raising prices because your costs have risen. You could redesign routes/schedules to shorten the miles driven, etc.
If you have been benefiting from lower fuel costs for years, you could decide to repay that already received benefit to your customers by not raising prices.....but the nature of competitive business will force more efficiency on you.
Good luck.

Question Stoney, did Biden win your state or were their votes irrelevant? I’d still fire the ******* either way.

.... I am not sure it matters who is president because how can they fix what is going on? ....I think at best a new president could only stabilize things where they are at now to keep things from just continuing to go up.
So then how did DJT get gas prices down from the $4/gallon Obama years? And my staff isn't complaining about wages, they're complaining about fuel costs, which is 100% the fault of fucktards that voted for the vegetable currently pretending to be president.

I'm not saying gas prices won't be lower but employers are still going to have to keep product costs up to make up for increased wages. My work has roughly 70 of our own employees. Most will be making at least $4 / hr more than they were recently. If you have 40 employees / day @ $4 extra dollars / hour your looking at $1200 extra per day you need to make up for. Companies are not going to lower employee rates and they have already taken a beating on production / delivery. I don't see prices dropping anytime soon corps. are greedy and will want to make back some lost profit

Wages don't drive prices, demand drives prices. If people stop buying goods or paying for services because prices are too high, then prices get lowered and wages get cut. Your employees can accept the cut or quit and be replaced by with lower payed workers. Not complicated.

And the killer is that they still refuse to admit its the fault of his policies. F'n people.....
Tell them to look on the bright side and remind them that Trump isn't president. That should cheer those liberal idiots up.

I would start by hiring smarter people.

Fire the two who voted for Joe and the Hoe. Give the one who didn’t a raise and pick up the slack yourself.

Ogurr out here angling for another job