• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Two trillion. Are you kidding me!!

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Go BO. You da man!!!

http://m.thenewamerican.com/?url=ht...ear&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/#2893

Following the release of the latest budgetary statement from the U.S. Treasury, Ali Meyer dove into the statistical morass of charts and graphs to determine just how much the welfare state is paying out in benefits. Meyer, writing at CNS News, concluded that beneficiaries received over $2 trillion from the American taxpayer last year, or almost 60 percent of all federal government spending. This included “means-tested” benefits — which require incomes to be below a certain level to quality for them — as well as “non-means tested” benefits such as Medicare, Social Security, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation and the like.

She missed the mark by half. First off, the Treasury statement only counts federal welfare benefit payouts and consequently leaves out state, municipal, and local welfare programs. Second, she leaves the subject of the cultural impact of turning the United States into a gigantic welfare state to someone else to decipher.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
If the stir fry that my wife just made for dinner wasn't so awesome I would york it up right now.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
If the stir fry that my wife just made for dinner wasn't so awesome I would york it up right now.

thoughtchya always be havin sammiches?

Don't worry ICS. It isn't real money, just US dollars

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Just think of the infrastructure that $2T could buy. You could solve the border problem and the California water problem in 1 year.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just think of the infrastructure that $2T could buy. You could solve the border problem and the California water problem in 1 year.

Hold on there not all of it is un-earned transfer payments. At least some of it is money paid into the system by people like my parents that were told "This is your retirement money that the government is taking care of for you."

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Hold on there not all of it is un-earned transfer payments. At least some of it is money paid into the system by people like my parents that were told "This is your retirement money that the government is taking care of for you."

"earned" is subjective