• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

U.S. senator introduces resolution to repeal Obamacare

Spike

Reaction score
Republican U.S. Senator Mike Enzi introduced on Tuesday a resolution allowing for the repeal of Obamacare, President Barack Obama's signature health insurance program that provides coverage to millions of Americans, Enzi's office said in a statement.

The move by the Senate's budget committee chairman on the first day of the new Congress set in motion Republican promises to repeal Obamacare as their first major legislative agenda item. Republicans have said the repeal process could take months and developing replacement health insurance plans could take years.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-obamacare-idUSKBN14N1MK

-------------------------

Next

THE WALL

Trump team seeks agency records on border barriers, surveillance

In a wide-ranging request for documents and analysis, President-elect Donald Trump's transition team asked the Department of Homeland Security last month to assess all assets available for border wall and barrier construction.

The team also asked about the department's capacity for expanding immigrant detention and about an aerial surveillance program that was scaled back by the Obama administration but remains popular with immigration hardliners. And it asked whether federal workers have altered biographic information kept by the department about immigrants out of concern for their civil liberties.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-border-trump-exclusive-idUSKBN14N0TY?il=0

They keep talking about replacing it with something. I want to see them break up Blue Cross Blue Shield and replace it with real health insurance that is allowed to cross state lines. Much like car insurance and also like car insurance use it for major issues. Not for going to the doctor for a cold or a checkup. It has been so long since BCBS has not been a monopoly it would be a major paradigm shift but the only way to bring down costs and increase patient quality care will be to re-introduce real competition and let the market determine the rates not some faceless monopoly.

should be a flood of Bills coming down the pike, so I'm putting them all here

GOP Senators Offer Up Legislation For Moving U.S. Embassy To Jerusalem in the wake of Obama’s breathtaking betrayal of Israel

GOP Senators Marco Rubio (Florida), Ted Cruz (Texas), and Dean Heller (Nevada) have introduced a bill to move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and would recognize Jerusalem, officially, as Israel’s official capital

Republican Sens. Ted Cruz (Texas), Dean Heller (Nev.) and Marco Rubio(Fla.) introduced the Jerusalem Embassy and Recognition Act shortly after being sworn in to the new 115th Congress.

“Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the Jewish state of Israel, and that’s where America’s embassy belongs,” Rubio said in a statement. “It’s time for Congress and the President-Elect to eliminate the loophole that has allowed presidents in both parties to ignore U.S. law and delay our embassy’s rightful relocation to Jerusalem for over two decades.”

“Jerusalem is the eternal and undivided capital of Israel,” Ted Cruz said in a statement. “Unfortunately, the Obama administration’s vendetta against the Jewish state has been so vicious that to even utter this simple truth – let alone the reality that Jerusalem is the appropriate venue for the American embassy in Israel – is shocking in some circles.”

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2...er-legislation-moving-u.s.-embassy-jerusalem/

They keep talking about replacing it with something. I want to see them break up Blue Cross Blue Shield and replace it with real health insurance that is allowed to cross state lines. Much like car insurance and also like car insurance use it for major issues. Not for going to the doctor for a cold or a checkup. It has been so long since BCBS has not been a monopoly it would be a major paradigm shift but the only way to bring down costs and increase patient quality care will be to re-introduce real competition and let the market determine the rates not some faceless monopoly.

No one will lose health coverage after Obamacare repeal

One more time: If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

A senior adviser to President-elect Donald Trump said Tuesday that after Obamacare is repealed and replaced with different health-care law no one who has health insurance would lose their coverage.

"That is correct. We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance," the adviser, Kellyanne Conway, said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe.

"These folks have a mandate to repeal and replace Obamacare," Conway said Tuesday, citing the presidential and congressional election results from this past fall.

"Obamacare was on the ballot. People want it repealed and replaced."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/03/trum...e-health-coverage-after-obamacare-repeal.html

All good news! I look forward to positive things for America and enough of trying to knock the country down

Good.

Obama care was always about shifting the cost of deadbeats on to people that were already paying for health insurance in the hope it would make people cry for a single payer system run by FedGov INC.

GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Reciprocity On Day One of New Congress

On January 3–the first day of the 115th Congress–Representative Richard Hudson (R-NC-8) introduced national concealed carry reciprocity legislation.

Hudson's office published this summary of the legislation:

Rep. Hudson's bill, which is supported by major pro-Second Amendment groups, would allow people with a state-issued concealed carry license or permit to conceal a handgun in any other state that allows concealed carry, as long as the permit holder follows the laws of that state. It also allows residents of Constitutional carry states the ability to carry in other states that recognize their own resident's right to concealed carry.

Note: Hudson's legislation not only establishes national reciprocity for concealed permit holders but also national reciprocity for residents who live in states that require no permit for concealed carry.

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...ealed-carry-reciprocity-day-one-new-congress/

------------------------

Get some

we-the-people-_-BNN_Expense_Rpt_template-sample-2015-1-1-640x473.jpg

SLAP!

Dem Senator Wont Attend Obama Meeting to Save Obamacare

Democratic West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe Wednesday that he would not attend a meeting with outgoing president Barack Obama to discuss stopping Republican efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare, calling it counterproductive.

Host Joe Scarborough asked if Manchin planned to attend the Wednesday meeting.“No, I’m not. I just can’t, in good conscience, I can’t do it,” he said. “If anyone listened and paid attention to what the American people said when they voted, they want this place to work.”

“With all of the respect of all of these people involved, but we had the outgoing president coming up here to talk to only Democrats, we have the incoming vice president coming up to talk only to Republicans. Joe, that’s not what makes this place work and that’s really what is wrong with the place,” he argued

“I think it’s absolutely wrong…” concluded Manchin, denouncing those in both parties with hard-line stances on the law. “I’m willing to look at replacing, repealing, doing everything that we can to make it better.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dem-sena...ave-obamacare-i-just-cant-in-good-conscience/

You can't repeal Obamacare because it never existed. You can repeal the Affordable Care Act, say it stays in effect until we replace it and never
come up with anything to replace it. Which is very likely to be what they do, so nothing would really be different.

I thought conservatives were for states rights.

You can't repeal Obamacare because it never existed. You can repeal the Affordable Care Act, say it stays in effect until we replace it and never
come up with anything to replace it. Which is very likely to be what they do, so nothing would really be different.

what about A CA has to do with states rights?

Conservatism is dead - and hacks like McCain and Graham are why the swamp needs drained of these Rhinos

Senate push for new Russia hacking probe fizzles

John McCain and Lindsey Graham are backing off of their push for a select committee on cybersecurity after Russian interference in the election, bowing to the political reality that the Senate Republican Conference largely does not back their idea.

The Arizona and South Carolina Republican senators, along with Democratic Sens. Chuck Schumer of New York and Jack Reed of Rhode Island, have been pushing the Senate for weeks to create a new panel to investigate broader cyber threats as well as Russian activity in the 2016 presidential race.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/no-senate-russia-hacking-probe-233137

That's why I'd like to see them repeal it and don't replace it with some different flavor of federal health care. If states want to offer their own version of health care more power to them. IF you want to move to a state that offers cradle to grave care and high taxes, move there. If you prefer to take care of your own needs move to a state with less or no benefits and lower taxes.

Healthcare providers are also virtually monopolies in many areas. In Pittsburgh, BCBS and UPMC have been at war ever since BCBS wised-up and realized they eventually weren't going to have any leverage in negotiating contracts with the dominant provider in the area, so they came to the rescue on UPMCs only real competition.

My states rights comment was about the concealed carry law, not the healthcare issue.

The concealed carry law would likely be ruled unconstitutional.

On healthcare the reality is that to have a robust economy a country has to have a healthy workforce.
If citizens don't get timely healthcare they end up dependent on the government. Since the great recession
the percentage of the population on social security disability has gone from 2% to 4%. If you don't have something similar
to Obamacare you have to move toward single payer.

In order to have a healthy economy and country, the folks paying into a system cannot be expected to pay for everything from healthcare to education to national defense and everything in between. That's why we are 20 trillion dollars in debt. To put it in perspective Hurricane Mathew dumped 12 trillion gallons of rain during its jog up the coast last fall. Some other countries can offer healthcare because they do not need to be concerned about defending themselves. They can fall back on ol Uncle Sam to protect them. Something has to give before we fall into utter disrepair. Heck the only reason we are still afloat is because we control how the global financial system is operated. If we were not at the helm we'd be in the *******.

I think the best solution is to get the government blockades and corruption out of the way and let the private sector run the show again. Re-introducing real competition amongst providers and health insurance companies will go a long way to reducing waste, and corruption. A side effect is lower costs and improved service. How can anyone look at how the government runs anything and think that's the best way to handle it. Just step into a VA, DMV, or any other government run facility. For the most part you will see wall to wall waste and corruption.

I can understand the anxiety though as the problem is that government has been so intertwined in healthcare in some form or another for so long, a free market economy within the medical industry is totally foreign.

I remember when they broke up Ma Bell. Everyone feared the worst but the industry has made awesome strides since then. Hell everyone has a phone in their pocket now. :)

That depends. Driver's licenses are reciporical in all 50 states and there is no Constitutional right to a driver's license. However if a court says no based on the fact that the Constitution grants no powers to the Federal govt that are not enumerated in the Constitution and all other powers default to the states, then that's a can of worms that even Libtard judges don't want to open.

Trump called Schumer the demotards "head clown"! ROFL, I love it!!!!

'The Democrats, lead [sic] by head clown Chuck Schumer, know how bad ObamaCare is and what a mess they are in. Instead of working to fix it, they do the typical political thing and BLAME,' Trump wrote in a series of morning tweets.
'The fact is ObamaCare was a lie from the beginning."Keep you [sic] doctor, keep your plan!" It is time for Republicans & Democrats to get together and come up with a healthcare plan that really works - much less expensive & FAR BETTER!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pass-expensive-replacement.html#ixzz4UtbQntrt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My states rights comment was about the concealed carry law, not the healthcare issue.

On healthcare the reality is that to have a robust economy a country has to have a healthy workforce.
If citizens don't get timely healthcare they end up dependent on the government. Since the great recession
the percentage of the population on social security disability has gone from 2% to 4%. If you don't have something similar
to Obamacare you have to move toward single payer.

I always found it funny how 2% of the population all of sudden became "disabled" and not "unemployed" under Obama's 8 years.

Seems like an awful lot of sprained ankles and bad backs happening all of a sudden.....

I always found it funny how 2% of the population all of sudden became "disabled" and not "unemployed" under Obama's 8 years.

Seems like an awful lot of sprained ankles and bad backs happening all of a sudden.....

SSI is the leading employer in eastern Kentucky after the coal jobs dried up.

And our $12,000 deductible is being replaced by something reasonable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-card-d:homepage/story&utm_term=.388d65c804cd

This is a good article on what many people want from our healthcare system. There are a lot of reasons why a market based system doesn't work in the USA,
but one reason you rarely read about is there are many different markets in America. A rural market is much different than a big urban market. Many small towns
have a hard time even getting a primary care physician to even locate in their town and many areas of the country only have 1 hospital option. There is no hospital competition
where population only supports 1 hospital.