• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UFL set to begin late February ——-

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
UFL, starting up. Not sure of wether it will make it or not. NFL MACHINE will determine its success Because if it’s threatening, they will subdue it as they have several other leagues. It’s also HARD to maintain a league in the spring of year, most people don’t want to take the time as in winter, they do.

Pro or Con

I want competition for the “anti-trust” league.

Salute the nation

This will fail just like the two leagues did separately last spring. I'm surprised they didn't just stick with one of the branded names. United Football League just sounds bad in terms of marketing a spring league.

Eh, I don't see the NFL trying to squash this league. Not really a threat to the machine. Also, the individual leagues have provided some good depth players to the NFL. Condensing the two leagues into one league gets rid of the guys who were on rosters that never were going to even get a cup of coffee in an NFL locker room. It's kind of like giving the practice squad guys a league to develop in.

There is just not enough elete talent for a second league. Hell, by this point in the season, there is not enough talent in the NFL.

It will survive. Fox and ABC own a piece.
Is that new?

NFL could use a league that survives. They just have to find a way to get views.

I'll watch. I enjoued the USFL in the 80s, and the AFL, which never completed a season.

The NFL has adopted some things from these sub-leagues.

One example was the more fluid game, not all the flags that were prominent 3-ish years ago. I know, I know,…… the NFL is sliding back into mthe over use of the flag but this day and age it is more to manipulate the game, than actually calling legit penalties.

Salute the nation

Hopefully they put a decent product on the field. What's the deal is will all these alternate league's uniforms though? It's hard to take them seriously when it looks like their logos are designed by 8 year olds.

Last edited: