• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Under the radar draft sleeper FSU WR Keon Coleman.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Coming off of his poor 40 time (4.6) and great vertical and broad jump teams might give pause. What are they getting from Keon? A WR who had modest catches in his college career but jumped out with 11 TDs in his last season. How does that translate to what teams are looking for?

He is projected to go round 3. If no receiver is picked by the Steelers by then or if he drops to 4 they should be running to the podium.

Here is why:

Last year Puka Nacua had arguably the best WR rookie season in the history of the game. As he ran the gauntlet at last year's combine his speed rose to the cream of the top showing he played faster than his timed measurements.

This year Coleman, this big bodied WR (6'3 213) ran even faster. It doesn't mean that he will necessarily have the success that Puka had last year for the Rams. But it does show that he has some attractive attributes to pair with his relatively low drop rate. Those 11 TDs show he could be an end zone threat. Outside of Pickens the Steelers could use another red zone threat. After round 2 those threats can be a difficult find.

Two big WRs with the ability to stretch the field. This could be tastier than adding two extra pieces of bacon to that prepared BLT. Yumm

Oh and he can punt return well too.

This is my sleeper pick if the for-mentioned events play out listed above.

Last edited:
Thanks for the short take slash, appreciate this!

I’d take him as well, not often you can find a BACON BEATER.!!!

Salute the nation

Can he block well?
Coming off of his poor 40 time (4.6) and great vertical and broad jump teams might give pause. What are they getting from Keon? A WR who had modest catches in his college career but jumped out with 11 TDs in his last season. How does that translate to what teams are looking for?

He is projected to go round 3. If no receiver is picked by the Steelers by then or if he drops to 4 they should be running to the podium.

Here is why:

Last year Puka Nacua had arguably the best WR rookie season in the history of the game. As he ran the gauntlet at last year's combine his speed rose to the cream of the top showing he played faster than his timed measurements.

This year Coleman, this big bodied WR (6'3 213) ran even faster. It doesn't mean that he will necessarily have the success that Puka had last year for the Rams. But it does show that he has some attractive attributes to pair with his relatively low drop rate. Those 11 TDs show he could be an end zone threat. Outside of Pickens the Steelers could use another red zone threat. After round 2 those threats can be a difficult find.

Two big WRs with the ability to stretch the field. This could be tastier than adding two extra pieces of bacon to that prepared BLT. Yumm

Oh and he can punt return well too.

This is my sleeper pick if the for-mentioned events play out listed above.

Would love to grab that kid in the 3rd
And he can block!

Seems like a good fit for Smith's system imo

Can he block well?

Would love to grab that kid in the 3rd
And he can block!

Seems like a good fit for Smith's system imo

Confucius say “wise man you are”

Salute the nation

Given what Puka Nacua did last year at the combine, teams seem to be using analytics more and they have caught on to using GPS data in the gauntlet drill as opposed to 40 times. As Keon had the best GPS numbers during the gauntlet drill, I think Keon will be gone by pick 40 maybe even 20. He is going to be a beast.

My son put Calen Bullock on the radar for me, and since the Stillers just got rid of Neal...hmmm...a man can only wish. Plus, the last time the Steelers drafted a Safety out of USC, he turned out pretty good. :cool: