• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Univ. Of Alabama Returns $21.5 Million Gift; Donor Urged Boycott Over Abortion Law

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Top notch! Very refreshing.

The University of Alabama's board of trustees has voted to return a $21.5 million gift from Hugh Culverhouse Jr. — the school's biggest donor — and take his name off its law school. The move comes after Culverhouse urged businesses and prospective students to boycott the university and the state over Alabama's new abortion law.

The school says the transaction to return the funds was processed Friday morning and that it will also return any accrued interest. Last fall, Culverhouse pledged to donate a total of $26.5 million over four years.

"The action taken by the Board today was a direct result of Mr. Culverhouse's ongoing attempts to interfere in the operations of the Law School," the university's vice chancellor for communication, Kellee Reinhart, said Friday. "That was the only reason the Board voted to remove his name and return his money."

https://www.kcur.org/post/univ-alab...onor-urged-boycott-over-abortion-law#stream/0

Good for them, ole Hugh thought he could buy his way to others opinions.....not

Last edited:
Idiot donor said, "I will not allow my family's name to be associated with an educational system that advocates a state law which discriminates against women, disregards established Federal law and violates our Constitution."

Hey, dipshit, the University is the one who removed your name. Even he acknowledges, ""I want to make clear that I never demanded that $21.5 million be refunded ..."

So to sum up: Idiot donor does idiot things. University says, "**** you and the horse you rode in on. Take your money back, and bye-bye to your name on anything affiliated with the University." Idiot donor then says, "I don't want my name associated with the University."