• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

VA Beach Shooting...12 dead

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing on this here? No one is interested? I'm guessing because...it's not the right type of political ingredients. 12 dead in a mass shooting. By a black man. With legally purchased weapons. So there's no "white conservative" angle to harp on and gun laws were in place and worked. I guess it's a move-on subject.

God protect these souls lost due to one deranged individual.

DeWayne Craddock was violent with co-workers before Virginia Beach shooting: report

The gunman who shot dead 12 people at a Virginia Beach municipal building had been facing disciplinary action for a violent fight at work, according to a report.

DeWayne Craddock, 40, was still employed as an engineer with the Department of Public Utilities when he went on his shooting rampage Friday, killing 12 and injuring several others, including a cop.

But he recently started showing serious behavioral problems and got into physical “scuffles” with other city workers, a source told The New York Times.

The source told the paper that the troubles had escalated in the week leading up to the mass shooting — and Craddock was involved in what it called “a violent altercation on city grounds.”

Craddock reportedly knew he was facing disciplinary action for the fight when he went into the municipal building with two .45-caliber handguns, at least one of which was equipped with a sound suppressor — and both of which were purchased legally.

Craddock killed 12 people, all but one a co-worker, and injured several others before he died in a police shootout.

He launched the attack after brushing his teeth — and sharing pleasantries with a fellow engineer.

His family posted a handwritten note outside their Yorktown, Va. home, offering ” heartfelt condolences to the victims,” according to The Washington Post.

“We are grieving the loss of our loved one. At this time we wish to focus on the victims and the lives loss [sic] during yesterdays tragic event,” the note said.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who loss [sic] their lives, and those recovering in the hospital.”

“They’re beautiful people, both,” Betty Ware, a deaconess, said of Craddock’s parents, saying his mother would talk about their children “all the time.”

“She was just proud of them, her children,” Ware told the Washington Post.

Vbeachvictims-vertical.jpg

doesnt fit the narrative. wonder why?

Charlottesville was so much worse than this. Dylan Roof. Nicholas Sandman smirking.

This simply does not compare.

Charlottesville was so much worse than this. Dylan Roof. Nicholas Sandman smirking.

This simply does not compare.

this was just someone doing something though

I wondered why the MSM was not plastering this mutts picture and curriculum vitae all over the place. This will disappear down the memory hole like the gay and trans kids a few weeks ago did.

The killer looks like Dwayne Wade. Can't have that. Fake News MSM only posts pictures of lily white shooters.

Physical confrontation at every place I ever worked meant immediate termination.

I’m also assuming the location was where he reported to work daily?

First time I read anything about past problems with the gunmen?

This has nothing to do with guns anymore.

The media coverage, hysteria, exaggeration, politicizing and fake "outrage" has turned ANY mass-killing/suicide the ultimate way for crazies to say "**** you" on their way out. Gun control will not change this. in many parts of the world, this is called "suicide bombing".

I don't really have a good answer moving forward. I think when you get angry enough at the world, when you just want to hurt someone else like you are hurting inside, no amount of "gun control" is going to change the lure of this type of media coverage for some people to decide to hurt as many innocents as they can while committing suicide.

I think social media and the computer/internet generation has kind of evolved faster than human civilization has adapted to the psychological effects it has on us. People ARE more depressed. Social media does not help. 24-7 news coverage does not help. Instant access and gratification doesn't help. Lack of personal face-to-face connections doesn't help.

Hopefully, this is a one-generation thing. Hopefully, the next couple generations to be raised in a social media world learn to deal with the emotional issues better than the current one has.

I worry about my kids. Not that they will be exposed to gun violence. But that they are emotionally strong enough to deal with depression/anger in the 21st century, which seems to be everywhere and in everyone.

Physical confrontation at every place I ever worked meant immediate termination.

Yeah, this is an absolute given. I'm really surprised he was still employed there after a physical fight.

And hate to say it, but I'm glad this isn't getting media attention. These sick ***** want notoriety and their little 15 minutes of fame and this particular one isn't getting it. Hopefully it helps deter some other sick ****. Make it a damn law that perpetrators of these mass shootings never have their names released and only relevant information goes to the relevant people. Stop this mass hysteria outrage about gun laws and politicizing every-damned-thing while simultaneously giving these lower than pond scum animals a platform.

Yeah, this is an absolute given. I'm really surprised he was still employed there after a physical fight.

And hate to say it, but I'm glad this isn't getting media attention. These sick ***** want notoriety and their little 15 minutes of fame and this particular one isn't getting it. Hopefully it helps deter some other sick ****. Make it a damn law that perpetrators of these mass shootings never have their names released and only relevant information goes to the relevant people. Stop this mass hysteria outrage about gun laws and politicizing every-damned-thing while simultaneously giving these lower than pond scum animals a platform.

It would be interesting to see what the altercation was about.

From what i have seen they claim the guy was in good standing so there is misinformation somewhere. Guy put in a normal resignation letter citing paul
personal reasons...very odd