• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Visual Proof of Partisanship in the 21st Century

The partisanship begins once republicans outnumbered dems. The Dem party has become more extreme and less willing to compromise. They have perfected the art of victim politics, aided by willing media shills, to go around the system and get their way.

The partisanship begins once republicans outnumbered dems. The Dem party has become more extreme and less willing to compromise. They have perfected the art of victim politics, aided by willing media shills, to go around the system and get their way.

Its only partisanship when conservatives refuse to abandon their principals and knuckle under to left wing schemes.

Actually, when you study each frame, the breakdown of Left vs. Right happened in 1991-1993. It's shown at 0:45 in the video.

That picture is as partisan as almost anything after with the only reason it's NOT is because there are about 12 republican congressman in the "middle" along with the vast dominance of democratic rule. Since 2000 it's been all partisan voting. If you're an (R) you vote (R). If you're a (D) you vote (D).

That really is a problem because I can't imagine that every republican agrees with every republican on EVERY issue and the same holds true with democrats. Voting now is not about what you think is right for the country anymore. Voting is now solely about what is better for the PARTY. That is a HUGE injustice that can only be corrected with more independents, more centrist candidates and more calling to task the platforms and actions of members that doesn't make sense.

Actually, when you study each frame, the breakdown of Left vs. Right happened in 1991-1993. It's shown at 0:45 in the video.

That picture is as partisan as almost anything after with the only reason it's NOT is because there are about 12 republican congressman in the "middle" along with the vast dominance of democratic rule. Since 2000 it's been all partisan voting. If you're an (R) you vote (R). If you're a (D) you vote (D).

That really is a problem because I can't imagine that every republican agrees with every republican on EVERY issue and the same holds true with democrats. Voting now is not about what you think is right for the country anymore. Voting is now solely about what is better for the PARTY. That is a HUGE injustice that can only be corrected with more independents, more centrist candidates and more calling to task the platforms and actions of members that doesn't make sense.

I agree with this. I said this in another thread, and that is that voting today reminds me of when we were kids rooting for the Steelers. You know how you look at your team when you are a kid, they are the best, and the players can do no wrong. They are pure as the driven snow and so on. You only saw the good in your team and only saw the bad in the Cowboys or the Raiders or whomever. Voting today is almost like that.

Because this is the way we are we kind of deserve what we get.

There is a difference between Repubs and Dems. When Dems get into trouble, they will circle the wagons. They will not, unless it is extreme, throw one of their own overboard. The Republicans will because they want to show they care, or they are understanding, they aren't mean or whatever it may be.

I agree with this. I said this in another thread, and that is that voting today reminds me of when we were kids rooting for the Steelers. You know how you look at your team when you are a kid, they are the best, and the players can do no wrong. They are pure as the driven snow and so on. You only saw the good in your team and only saw the bad in the Cowboys or the Raiders or whomever. Voting today is almost like that.

Because this is the way we are we kind of deserve what we get.

There is a difference between Repubs and Dems. When Dems get into trouble, they will circle the wagons. They will not, unless it is extreme, throw one of their own overboard. The Republicans will because they want to show they care, or they are understanding, they aren't mean or whatever it may be.

I think they honestly think that voting party all the time could potentially lead to something BETTER for the country long term, but I'm not sure that's true.

It's like a carrot that the insiders/profession politicians/elite sell new congressman on why they should vote party only on every issue. They sell them the idea that voting AGAINST the other party, rather than what is best for the country, will lead to better long term political successes. And that is just bullshit. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow if either party destroys the other party (like that would ever happen anyhow). There is no New World Order if one party wins 66% of the House, Senate and hold the Presidency.

We are in for a really bad time in our country. The nominees are practically hated already. No matter WHO wins in November the hatred of either person by a majority of this country will just lead to more and more anger at the whole system. And that anger will manifest itself in violence and manifest itself in more degrading of morals in our country and will manifest itself in more divisiveness. That is inevitable with whoever wins.

At this point, I'm voting and that's all I can do. I'm grinding out a living and hope to keep my job and nothing crazy happens. I hope I can scrounge enough money to keep the family afloat. Give my kids a shot. And hope nothing bad happens to them.

I truly believe what makes my culture great (and I really don't even know what that means anymore in America) is that we so strongly care about the financial and generational success of our children. It's not just greed (which I think the world mistakenly thinks it's about). It's really a strong desire to make our children's lives better than our own. I'm not convinced other cultures around the world quite do the same on this front as we do/have in our history. Maybe it's because our culture is so young. Maybe we don't appreciate TIME and concepts of thousands of years and stuff like that. Maybe we haven't lived through world wars and plagues and occupation.

But America has and always been about our children first and our strong belief to NOT take it for granted. To NOT accept that it will just happen on it's own. That we must work hard and struggle and make sacrifices so our children have opportunities and choices.

I just hope we don't lose that. As long as we have that we'll be okay....

I think they honestly think that voting party all the time could potentially lead to something BETTER for the country long term, but I'm not sure that's true.

It's like a carrot that the insiders/profession politicians/elite sell new congressman on why they should vote party only on every issue. They sell them the idea that voting AGAINST the other party, rather than what is best for the country, will lead to better long term political successes. And that is just bullshit. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow if either party destroys the other party (like that would ever happen anyhow). There is no New World Order if one party wins 66% of the House, Senate and hold the Presidency.

We are in for a really bad time in our country. The nominees are practically hated already. No matter WHO wins in November the hatred of either person by a majority of this country will just lead to more and more anger at the whole system. And that anger will manifest itself in violence and manifest itself in more degrading of morals in our country and will manifest itself in more divisiveness. That is inevitable with whoever wins.

At this point, I'm voting and that's all I can do. I'm grinding out a living and hope to keep my job and nothing crazy happens. I hope I can scrounge enough money to keep the family afloat. Give my kids a shot. And hope nothing bad happens to them.

I truly believe what makes my culture great (and I really don't even know what that means anymore in America) is that we so strongly care about the financial and generational success of our children. It's not just greed (which I think the world mistakenly thinks it's about). It's really a strong desire to make our children's lives better than our own. I'm not convinced other cultures around the world quite do the same on this front as we do/have in our history. Maybe it's because our culture is so young. Maybe we don't appreciate TIME and concepts of thousands of years and stuff like that. Maybe we haven't lived through world wars and plagues and occupation.

But America has and always been about our children first and our strong belief to NOT take it for granted. To NOT accept that it will just happen on it's own. That we must work hard and struggle and make sacrifices so our children have opportunities and choices.

I just hope we don't lose that. As long as we have that we'll be okay....

I think between the two of them, Trump has a better chance of turning that around then Clinton. The Democrat Party today is all about exploiting divisions and keeping people in a constant state of agitation. In every tragedy, they have to try to exploit it to advance their agenda. I don't know if Trump is that way. I'm voting Trump because I don't know, if that makes sense. I damn well know what we will get with Hillary Clinton. I am willing to take that chance. If Trump can follow through with some of the things he says in the area of the economy, for example, I don't think the country will be as divided, people will naturally calm down a bit. The fears you express later in your post are absolutely real, and I think are one of the things driving the discord. But if people feel a little more secure about their futures...

One of the things I find frustrating is that the left has done a great job in saying the Republican Party is on the fringe, when in reality it is the Dems that are going off the deep end. For example, a Dem that I really could have gotten behind was Jim Webb. Hell, the guy wasn't even able to stick around long enough for a cup of coffee.

Its only partisanship when conservatives refuse to abandon their principals and knuckle under to left wing schemes.

Knuckling under to democRATS would mean Reps are being NON partisan.

Same as conceding everything to democRATS is the dems idea of compromise.

Last edited:
I think between the two of them, Trump has a better chance of turning that around then Clinton. The Democrat Party today is all about exploiting divisions and keeping people in a constant state of agitation. In every tragedy, they have to try to exploit it to advance their agenda. I don't know if Trump is that way. I'm voting Trump because I don't know, if that makes sense. I damn well know what we will get with Hillary Clinton. I am willing to take that chance. If Trump can follow through with some of the things he says in the area of the economy, for example, I don't think the country will be as divided, people will naturally calm down a bit. The fears you express later in your post are absolutely real, and I think are one of the things driving the discord. But if people feel a little more secure about their futures...

One of the things I find frustrating is that the left has done a great job in saying the Republican Party is on the fringe, when in reality it is the Dems that are going off the deep end. For example, a Dem that I really could have gotten behind was Jim Webb. Hell, the guy wasn't even able to stick around long enough for a cup of coffee.

Trump will at least try to fix things. Hildebeast doesn't give a ****, it's all about more government control and enriching herself.

Reactions: xjx
Trump will at least try to fix things. Hildebeast doesn't give a ****, it's all about more government control and enriching herself.

On that subject..I can't stand to listen to her speak, so I had to research her platform. These are just the high ( er low ) points for me.

Hillary’s vision for America
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Climate change

Making America the world’s clean energy superpower and meeting the climate challenge.

Set national goals to have 500 million solar panels installed; generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America; cut energy waste in homes, schools, and hospitals by a third; and reduce American oil consumption by a third.

Lead the world in the fight against climate change by bringing greenhouse gas emissions to 30 percent below what they were in 2005 within the next decade—and keep going.

Criminal justice reform
Our criminal justice system is out of balance.

End the era of mass incarceration, reform mandatory minimum sentences, and end private prisons.

Help formerly incarcerated individuals successfully re-enter society. ( I'm guessin' that means restoring their voting rights ? )

Gun violence prevention

It is past time we act on gun violence.

Strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in the current system.

Hold irresponsible dealers and manufacturers accountable. Hillary believes the gun industry must be held accountable for violence perpetrated with their guns. ( Yep, if they didn't make them evil guns etc.)

Keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill. ( I can't wait to see this plan )

Health care
Affordable health care is a basic human right. ( I swear, I have looked everywhere and I can't find that particular ' right' ? )

Defend the Affordable Care Act and build on it to slow the growth of out-of-pocket costs.

Protect women’s access to reproductive health care, including contraception and safe, legal abortion.

Support new incentives to encourage all states to expand Medicaid.

Expand access to affordable health care to families regardless of immigration status. ( As if they needed more incentive to jump the fence)

Immigration reform
America needs comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.( Blatant pandering IMO)

Enact comprehensive immigration reform to create a pathway to citizenship, keep families together, and enable millions of workers to come out of the shadows.

Defend President Obama’s executive actions to provide deportation relief for DREAMers and parents of Americans and lawful residents, and extend those actions to additional persons with sympathetic cases if Congress refuses to act.

Promote naturalization and support immigrant integration.

Support affordable integration services through $15 million in new grant funding for community navigators and similar organizations.

Labor and workers' rights

When unions are strong, America is strong.

Strengthen unions and protect worker bargaining power.( Unions are fine as long as they are not in the public sector )

Raise the minimum wage and strengthen overtime rules.

Support working families through equal pay, paid family leave, earned sick days, fair schedules, and quality affordable child care

Racial Justice
America’s long struggle with race is far from finished. ( This cause in itself is laudable, until you look behind Hillary's door #1)

End the epidemic of gun violence in our communities, Hillary believes we must do more to crack down on gun stores

Fight environmental injustice..developing greener and more resilient infrastructure, tackling energy poverty.

$25 billion to remove blight from neighborhoods, remove barriers to sustainable homeownership, and connect affordable housing to economic opportunity. ( Didn't we try this already, with some pretty disastrous results ?)

Voting rights
We should be making it easier to vote, not harder.

Repairing the Voting Rights Act... Congress should move quickly to pass legislation that would fix the damage done to the Voting Rights Act by the Supreme Court ( The nerve of them, sayin' dead people can't vote )

You are right JonBoy, it's all about more government control with her.

hillary-obama-pardon.jpg

Both parties need to tolerate each other and start establishing ideas to get this country right again. No more division amongst ethnicities when it comes to standard american living. Enrich and better the lives of people who work to better their communities. Democrats will spark violent agendas to win over votes, while republicans are too old fashioned which makes them look stubborn.

I'm actually speechless in all of this. A lot cause of the violent protest and mass shootings that have happened over these past 4-5 years

On that subject..I can't stand to listen to her speak, so I had to research her platform. These are just the high ( er low ) points for me.

Hillary’s vision for America
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

Climate change

Making America the world’s clean energy superpower and meeting the climate challenge.

Set national goals to have 500 million solar panels installed; generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America; cut energy waste in homes, schools, and hospitals by a third; and reduce American oil consumption by a third.

Lead the world in the fight against climate change by bringing greenhouse gas emissions to 30 percent below what they were in 2005 within the next decade—and keep going.

Criminal justice reform
Our criminal justice system is out of balance.

End the era of mass incarceration, reform mandatory minimum sentences, and end private prisons.

Help formerly incarcerated individuals successfully re-enter society. ( I'm guessin' that means restoring their voting rights ? )

Gun violence prevention

It is past time we act on gun violence.

Strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in the current system.

Hold irresponsible dealers and manufacturers accountable. Hillary believes the gun industry must be held accountable for violence perpetrated with their guns. ( Yep, if they didn't make them evil guns etc.)

Keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill. ( I can't wait to see this plan )

Health care
Affordable health care is a basic human right. ( I swear, I have looked everywhere and I can't find that particular ' right' ? )

Defend the Affordable Care Act and build on it to slow the growth of out-of-pocket costs.

Protect women’s access to reproductive health care, including contraception and safe, legal abortion.

Support new incentives to encourage all states to expand Medicaid.

Expand access to affordable health care to families regardless of immigration status. ( As if they needed more incentive to jump the fence)

Immigration reform
America needs comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.( Blatant pandering IMO)

Enact comprehensive immigration reform to create a pathway to citizenship, keep families together, and enable millions of workers to come out of the shadows.

Defend President Obama’s executive actions to provide deportation relief for DREAMers and parents of Americans and lawful residents, and extend those actions to additional persons with sympathetic cases if Congress refuses to act.

Promote naturalization and support immigrant integration.

Support affordable integration services through $15 million in new grant funding for community navigators and similar organizations.

Labor and workers' rights

When unions are strong, America is strong.

Strengthen unions and protect worker bargaining power.( Unions are fine as long as they are not in the public sector )

Raise the minimum wage and strengthen overtime rules.

Support working families through equal pay, paid family leave, earned sick days, fair schedules, and quality affordable child care

Racial Justice
America’s long struggle with race is far from finished. ( This cause in itself is laudable, until you look behind Hillary's door #1)

End the epidemic of gun violence in our communities, Hillary believes we must do more to crack down on gun stores

Fight environmental injustice..developing greener and more resilient infrastructure, tackling energy poverty.

$25 billion to remove blight from neighborhoods, remove barriers to sustainable homeownership, and connect affordable housing to economic opportunity. ( Didn't we try this already, with some pretty disastrous results ?)

Voting rights
We should be making it easier to vote, not harder.

Repairing the Voting Rights Act... Congress should move quickly to pass legislation that would fix the damage done to the Voting Rights Act by the Supreme Court ( The nerve of them, sayin' dead people can't vote )

You are right JonBoy, it's all about more government control with her.

hillary-obama-pardon.jpg

With all that to do it is hard to believe a Democrat has been in the White House the past 8 years.

With all that to do it is hard to believe a Democrat has been in the White House the past 8 years.

Come-on diver, Barry been busy killin' Bin Laden, he spendin' trillions of dollars to double the debt, we got killer healthcare, cops are gettin' theirs an everywhere you turn we got immigrants piled up to yur eyeballs. He ain't got time to do everything we need done. Hillary will just have to pull some of the weight now.

4KqPLda.jpg