• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watt and Minkah only Steelers on the Pro Bowl roster

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Watt getting the nod is the exact reason the ProBowl is worthless in meaning anymore. In an injury riddled year for him someone else should have made it.

Watt getting the nod is the exact reason the ProBowl is worthless in meaning anymore. In an injury riddled year for him someone else should have made it.

Like say……….. ALEX HIGHSMITH per se ?

stllwright, you nailed it, thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Another question is…….

With Danny Smith being allowed all the “STs Aces” that he gets,……..

HOW come we NEVER have a STs Ace pro-bowler ???

Salute the nation

Pro Bowl has been a joke for as long as I can remember. The only thing that still amazes me about it is how they continue to justify its existence. Its a Jr High popularity contest at best.

Pro Bowl has been a joke for as long as I can remember. The only thing that still amazes me about it is how they continue to justify its existence. Its a Jr High popularity contest at best.
And it’s worse since they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl. Anyone who’s good enough to be in the Super Bowl won’t be playing.

And it’s worse since they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl. Anyone who’s good enough to be in the Super Bowl won’t be playing.
Was the only way they could keep any kind of ratings at all. If i remember correctly i think they made some deal where whoever has the superbowl has to carry the pro bowl. If it makes a dollar they will do it.

Love both players, but they dont deserve to be there this year. Minkah..... possible argument. But Watt no way. Highsmith has played way better this year.

Look Watt is my favorite player. But if an injured player makes this list then stop using pro bowl as a qualification for HOF. Minkah is first team in my opinion. Heyward is second team and maybe Highsmith as an alternate. No one else is even close in my opinion.

Like all all-star teams, player tend to be a year late making it the first time and a year too long making it the last time.

How in the world in a year where they aren't playing the game can they not get the Pro Bowl correct? This is pretty much why you can ignore Pro Bowls now as a career achievement and just look towards All Pro teams.

Lamar is the 3rd qb alternative and Huntly is the 7th. That makes sense