• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Way too early Steelers mock

FordFairLane

Reaction score
RD1- Kenneth Grant DL Michigan
Scheme flexible defensive lineman. Personally, I try to get him down to 330lbs and move Benton to DE. But our line has some free agents and age on it. This pick helps a smooth transition.

RD2- Isaiah Bond WR Texas
Speedy WR to go opposite George. This gives us a #2 who can take the top off a defense and help GP from so many double coverages.

RD3- Drew Allar QB Penn State
Big bodied with an elite arm. Has more athleticism than people give credit for but he’s not going to run like Fields either. Very efficient and safe with the ball with 37 touchdowns to 3 interceptions over his career. And we know how much Tomlin loves winning the turnover battle.

RD4- Riley Mahlman RT Wisconsin
Fautanu’s knee issues make this pick a necessity. Mahlman is a large frame power RT at 6-8 325lbs. Not the most athletic guy but Badger linemen never are. High IQ and technically sound.

RD5a- Damien Martinez RB Miami
Power back with decent vision and wheels. Has good feet for his size, has good hands, and long speed. Needs to work on pass pro.

RD5b- Nick Nash WR San Jose State
Former QB turn WR is having a huge year. Probably cools down once the level of competition gets tougher but he is an awesome route runner, phenomenal hands, uses the knowledge gained from being a QB to find openings in zones.

RD6- Sonny Style S/LB Ohio State
Hybrid safety linebacker who would fit in as a passing down LB for the team immediately. Might need to slim down for Safety. But athleticism is freaking so I would love to get him on the team to try to mold him into something.

RD7a- Tyler Baron Edge Miami
Can never have too many pass rushers. Quick twitch athlete who can turn the edge. Needs more counter moves but he would have time and some good guys in front of him to learn from.

RD7b- Prestone Stone QB SMU
Live arm with quick release. Not your typical QB size or athleticism. But with no QB’s signed for 2025 I wouldn’t be surprised by a vet with 2 rookies.

RD7c- Alex Mastromanno P FSU
Aussie style punter with a huge leg. I’m not so sure Cameron comes back at his age.