• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We are in serious trouble. The banks.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
So I hear the banks borrowed 300 BILLION this week alone to say above water.. Scary as this tells me they do not have enough cash on hand, and are facing tons of defaults, Sooner or later, the FED is going to stop printing money for them. Then what?

This is serious... If the next week is more of the same, a crash is coming. Margin calls, and bad investments, these F'n bankers. I guess we will see why this happened once they are audited.

With interest rates so low, it may not be a big deal.

I think the real problem is that the same bad actors involved in the last financial **** up (govt and banks) actually have s bigger piece of thr pie before tge ****** up dodd frank law.

With interest rates so low, it may not be a big deal.

I think the real problem is that the same bad actors involved in the last financial **** up (govt and banks) actually have s bigger piece of thr pie before tge ****** up dodd frank law.

The banks made too many bad investments and simply do not have enough cash on hand. As such, they are going to be very risk adverse with interest rates for their loans going up. Banks loan each other money all the time, not one of them is doing it as they must think the credit ratings are bogus. That's why they are begging the fed for a money. 300 billion? That's an insane amount to be loaned by the fed for one week, Obama's bail out cost about 850 billion or so.

I'm not sure how bad it is, but this week was shocking. A 2nd week like this and its not a question of if, rather when the crash happens.

So I hear the banks borrowed 300 BILLION this week alone to say above water.. Scary as this tells me they do not have enough cash on hand, and are facing tons of defaults, Sooner or later, the FED is going to stop printing money for them. Then what?

This is serious... If the next week is more of the same, a crash is coming. Margin calls, and bad investments, these F'n bankers. I guess we will see why this happened once they are audited.

What the **** are you talking about. You hear? Dumbass.

The dollar is fine as long as oil is traded in such. Everything else is ........

Right, that’s why we protest it. Not banks.

What the **** are you talking about. You hear? Dumbass.

Yes, this story is very hard to find in the news. I heard the 300 billion amount was loaned for the week on the radio. Go ahead and read, the banks were out of cash to cover what they needed. Something could be up.

That's what the F I'm talking about, I'm keeping the un-informed ( you ) informed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fed-rushes-to-plug-cash-shortage-in-short-term-loan-market/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/short-term-funding-spike-raises-hopes-for-fed-cuts-11568807648

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of lowering interest rates. I've said that before.

I understand the reason why Trump wants lower interest rates. He can't control fed spending (or doesn't want to) and fed borrowing at 0% fed rate is a lot cheaper than 2% fed rates (or higher). He's taking a page out of Obama's playbook.

That said, the negatives of low interest rates are banks don't make money so they scheme other ways to make money off their revenue. That's when bad things happen in the financial markets. Regulartors are never as smart as the banking industry, who hire the best math wizards out of Ivy League schools to dream up ways to create ponzi schemes and dividend schemes to make money with money (or make money on transactions).

Regulators need to keep a very close eye on how financial institutions are making their money and where. Interest and fees are fine. But some of the other **** are just shell games.

I understand the reason why Trump wants lower interest rates. He can't control fed spending (or doesn't want to) and fed borrowing at 0% fed rate is a lot cheaper than 2% fed rates (or higher). He's taking a page out of Obama's playbook.

That said, the negatives of low interest rates are banks don't make money so they scheme other ways to make money off their revenue. That's when bad things happen in the financial markets. Regulartors are never as smart as the banking industry, who hire the best math wizards out of Ivy League schools to dream up ways to create ponzi schemes and dividend schemes to make money with money (or make money on transactions).

Regulators need to keep a very close eye on how financial institutions are making their money and where. Interest and fees are fine. But some of the other **** are just shell games.

Low interest rates are killing my client's financial statements, which have to be based on current bond rates, AND fixed income investments.

People may try to move to more risky investments just to make ends meet. Could be another disaster in the making and, most likely, is.

Fed should only use its power to do short term market control. This long term strnglehold on interest rates, since the "Clinton Economy " has been an overreach of power.

Yes, this story is very hard to find in the news. I heard the 300 billion amount was loaned for the week on the radio. Go ahead and read, the banks were out of cash to cover what they needed. Something could be up.

That's what the F I'm talking about, I'm keeping the un-informed ( you ) informed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fed-rushes-to-plug-cash-shortage-in-short-term-loan-market/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/short-term-funding-spike-raises-hopes-for-fed-cuts-11568807648

I don't need a link to the story. Your dramatic conclusions are the funny part.

Low interest rates are killing my client's financial statements, which have to be based on current bond rates, AND fixed income investments.

People may try to move to more risky investments just to make ends meet. Could be another disaster in the making and, most likely, is.

Fed should only use its power to do short term market control. This long term strnglehold on interest rates, since the "Clinton Economy " has been an overreach of power.

Interest rates have been low for years. 15 years ago I used to get 4% interest in my Smith Barney money account. Those days are gone.

I don't need a link to the story. Your dramatic conclusions are the funny part.

Stick with what you know. If the same thing happens next week I see trouble.

Interest rates have gone up under Trump. They were very low under Obama. But the world economy isn't doing well right now I don't think we can afford higher interest rates at his point in time.

Interest rates have gone up under Trump. They were very low under Obama. But the world economy isn't doing well right now I don't think we can afford higher interest rates at his point in time.

Trump doesn't control the interest rates, the Fed does, and I rather doubt that many within the Fed are on Trump's side.

Trump doesn't control the interest rates, the Fed does, and I rather doubt that many within the Fed are on Trump's side.

I never said Trump controlled the fed. His economy was better than Obama's that's why the Fed raised the interest rates. Near 0% interest rates are not a good think long term which is what Obama's economy had.. The fed operates independently.

That's a good one. LOL

And what do you know? I had a series 7 and 63. Something tells me you have nothing but a high school education and could not even pass the those tests.

If you want to research and learn you might take a look that this sudden demand for money from the FED by the banks. That's what happened during the saving and loans crisis. 300 billion was loaned last week just so the banks can cover themselves, you dolt. Do you think that is normal? Please reply, and it will tell me everything. Like I said, if this happens again next week, I see trouble.

I never said Trump controlled the fed. His economy was better than Obama's that's why the Fed raised the interest rates. Near 0% interest rates are not a good think long term which is what Obama's economy had.. The fed operates independently.

Saw on TV the other day that Germany's bond interest is actually less than zero.

And what do you know? I had a series 7 and 63. Something tells me you have nothing but a high school education and could not even pass the those tests.

If you want to research and learn you might take a look that this sudden demand for money from the FED by the banks. That's what happened during the saving and loans crisis. 300 billion was loaned last week just so the banks can cover themselves, you dolt. Do you think that is normal? Please reply, and it will tell me everything. Like I said, if this happens again next week, I see trouble.
Mechanical engineering degree here. I took a couple of econ courses as easy electives. Pretty sure I'd do better on your tests than you'd do on mine. So you applied that razor sharp financial mind to an imaginary situation where the banks keep borrowing and run out of money, and created a thread on it. Genius! Nice Coach clickbait thread title.

No, not normal, but doesn't indicate that we're "in serious trouble".

The Fed’s reversal has forced the U.S. Treasury to sell more bonds to banks and investors. That reduces the amount of money in the financial system because primary dealers buy the bonds using reserves.
The Fed believed there was still spare capacity of $200 billion to $300 billion in reserves before money would get too tight and overnight funding problems would appear, according to*Morgan Stanley*analysts. However, the combination in recent days of corporate tax payments and Treasury issuance showed that cushion may not have existed.
“Ultimately, the only way for the Fed to alleviate reserve scarcity and funding stress is to inject liquidity and increase the amount of reserves in the system,” the analysts wrote in a note published overnight Tuesday.
This is why the New York Fed poured billions in overnight funding into the repo market on Tuesday and again on Wednesday.

The Fed plus US banks near boundary conditions.

What could possibly go wrong????

lol

cooch: where in the globe did the money go?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

Well there was more of the same this week, so will be looking for a crash.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-in-cash-to-u-s-banking-system-idUSKBN1W91KS

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Tuesday injected $105 billion in temporary cash into the U.S. banking system in an effort to meet the funding needs of banks and Wall Street following a bout of turbulence in money markets last week.

Mechanical engineering degree here. I took a couple of econ courses as easy electives. Pretty sure I'd do better on your tests than you'd do on mine. So you applied that razor sharp financial mind to an imaginary situation where the banks keep borrowing and run out of money, and created a thread on it. Genius! Nice Coach clickbait thread title.

No, not normal, but doesn't indicate that we're "in serious trouble".

No, it's not normal. As they say, follow the money. The Fed can keep giving the banks 100+ billion a week to cover themselves for a finite amount of time. Sooner or later, you'll get horrible inflation.

Mechanical engineering? You remind me of the 2nd mechanic in Fletch. You must have studied ball bearings. Interesting poster name. I'd say you have more in common with the very poor Steeler WR than the famous scientists.

I suggest you read the finial news or magazines.

https://fortune.com/2019/09/26/the-...er-problems-that-are-getting-worse-over-time/

Last edited: