• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Welcome to College, racist.

Unreal. Terrible. Is this some sort of hoax?

It's straight out of the Leftwing playbook. 20 years ago the RadFems tried this with posters with the names of male students from the school directory saying they were all rapists or potential rapists.

Have him wear one of these

77648_112851592_product_3a6f22db-a868-4a78-b6f7-a8a3f62ff673_grande.jpeg

More white guilt for everyone!

College Displays ‘Privilege Board’ to Taunt White Males

Appalachian State University encourages students to “check their privilege” during their daily walk to class.

The board contains various different posters that condemn white, male, heterosexual, Christian, and able-bodied persons who are unaware of their inherent societal privilege.

HkeNs8h-Cropped.jpg

-------------

University Poster Campaign Tells Christian Students to ‘Check Their Privilege’

“Today, I was diagnosed with privilege. Symptoms: white, Christian, straight, ‘cisgender,’ and able bodied,” a conservative student activist at Virginia tech wrote.

priveleg-poster.jpg

College Displays ‘Privilege Board’ to Taunt White Males

Appalachian State University encourages students to “check their privilege” during their daily walk to class.

The board contains various different posters that condemn white, male, heterosexual, Christian, and able-bodied persons who are unaware of their inherent societal privilege.

Then they should take their tuition and student loan money somewhere else and see how long the college stays in business.

What about people who work for the government?

Last edited:
If the situation was reversed its national news. I'd like to see a study on this type of stuff

The double standards the media plays, and omission of facts / vetting has made much mainstream media worthless.

they should take their tuition and student loan money somewhere else and see how long the college stays in business.

Liberals do not connect work with money. Work is what “they” make you do. Then they give you some money to keep you alive so that they can make you work some more. Money is a necessary-for-life mineral that “they” control and use to control you by withholding it or by giving you some.

In a just world “they” would not have control of that mineral and everyone would share in it and no one would have to work. Work is the slavery imposed by rich white people on everyone else to make rich white people richer and maybe whiter.

Or maybe that was spice, on another planet, I forget.

wait, it gets better

College students are told they can't say 'you guys' because it might be sexist

Freshmen at a college orientation event have been told not to address other students with the phrase 'you guys' because it could be interpreted as excluding women.

Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, has hired a chief diversity officer, Sheree Marlowe, who has directed students on how to avoid subtle insults known as 'microaggressions'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-sexist-t-ask-Asian-strangers-help-math.html

----------------------

I wonder, Can’t say “ya’ll,” either?

Not since ‘all lives matter' is verboten... is “All” racist?

My son came home from 8th grade the other day with a letter stating that he and the rest of the students would be going through a Race Relations course. We had to sign it to give approval, as the course would cover sensitive subjects. The class is being taught by an African American female, who my son says is really cool.

I wrote a letter and asked to meet with her and to view the course syllabus - that I thought the class could either be wonderful, or damaging, depending on how it is presented. As a part of my letter, I said these are some of the questions I would want answers to:

My concern is about the course matter and how it is presented and if it will be presented in a fair and balanced manner. As such, I have quite a list of questions to ensure that it will be. I will list some here:

• Will the course cover American Indians, and their treatment over the course of history?

• Will you be spending time covering Islam and Muslims and their fair treatment in this country?

• Will you be highlighting sensitive issues like the Eric Garner, Alton Sterling, Dylan Roof, Walter Scott, and Philando Castille cases, and tying this into “police brutality?” If so, in comparison, will you be paying equal attention to Ashley Flournoy, the “Knock Out” game, Chris Marquez, and the assassination of police officers across the country?

• Will hate crimes be covered, in general, and if so, from all angles – black on white, white on black, white on Hispanic, black on black, etc?

• What attention will you be paying to Black Lives Matter, if any? Will the representation cover the good and the bad, including their valid fight for justice while contrasting it with their promotion of violence?

• Will the phrases “white privilege” or “white guilt” be used in your course?

The meeting is at 3:30PM EST tomorrow.

CSULA’s Housing Services page offers one paragraph on the new black living-learning community, calling it an effort to “enhance the residential experience for students who are a part of or interested in issues of concern to the black community living on campus by offering the opportunity to connect with faculty and peers, and engage in programs that focus on academic success, cultural awareness, and civic engagement.”

In addition to the Black Student Union’s housing demand, the group also demanded a $30 million dollar scholarship endowment to aid black students, three new black faculty counselors, a new anti-discrimination policy and cultural competency course for faculty and students, and finally, a meeting with the president for them to discuss the “fulfillment and implementation of each demand.”

My thoughts are that as we pay more attention to dividing the races, the result is to fire the fuels that we have spent so much time, money and energy to overcome. As colleges use safe zones and all black dorms as a tool for social justice, the Country falls further back into it's old habits. I am seeing more and more push-back to liberal tactics and more of this kind of rhetoric coming to the surface....despite the Cuckservative banter.

Just as gibesmedat appeals to the lowest common denominators of the Democratic black voter bloc,

As I read the article that this came from, I had to look that word up, it was new to me. Well, I thought it was anyway. Then I read this published response to the above housing piece and thought......damn, how un-PC can you get ?

What a great idea. Segregating blacks students.. I wish I'd thought of it. Oh, wait, I did. But I was called a racist.

Actually, I hope it spreads nationwide. This is a dream come true for Whites.

"The black living learning community..." Oxymoron of the year.

Does anyone not know what this so-called inclusive blacks-only experiment will turn into?
Can you say "Detroit"? How long before someone is shot, stabbed, or raped?

The only interesting thing about this is to see how they will pin Its failure on Whitey.

I'm going with "Not enough funding from the privileged for 500, Alex."

See what I mean....one step forward, two steps back.

fvuX5It.png

My son came home from 8th grade the other day with a letter stating that he and the rest of the students would be going through a Race Relations course. We had to sign it to give approval, as the course would cover sensitive subjects. The class is being taught by an African American female, who my son says is really cool.

I wrote a letter and asked to meet with her and to view the course syllabus - that I thought the class could either be wonderful, or damaging, depending on how it is presented. As a part of my letter, I said these are some of the questions I would want answers to:

The meeting is at 3:30PM EST tomorrow.

Let us know how that goes. I'm curious to know the outcome.

Let us know how that goes. I'm curious to know the outcome.

What a weekend. So, the updates you asked for (and some you didn't).

Apparently my email caused a bit more attention than I expected. I was supposed to meet only with the Race Relations teacher and the head of English. Instead, I was greeted in the office at 3:35 by the new Principal (Hispanic male). He led me to the conference room where the Race Relations teacher (black female) was seated, along with the head of the English curriculum (white female, married to a police officer), and the assistant Principal (black female). It was awkward and the tension was evident. The principal opened - a kind and humorous man who thanked me for coming in.

To net it all out, the meeting went really well. I was there for about 40 minutes. It went exactly as I thought it would, without me getting a lot of details I wanted, but leaving relatively comfortable that things would be delivered appropriately.

They shared the syllabus which was, as I predicted, very light - more like an outline of the two units they'd be going through. Ms. Race Relations explained (with a diagram to show me her position) that she believes too much of what we hear is either one extreme or another and that her course will be looking at racial issues from this perspective - there are polar extremes, then there is the truth that always lies somewhere in the middle. For example, her diagram showed one end:

One pole: An oppressive system exists that creates barriers for some people; failure = what other people did TO you/barriers they put in place; Success = luck, being born into success.

Opposite pole: Failure = lack of effort; success = hard work; personal responsibility; an individual's success is directly correlated with the amount of effort they put in and nothing else.

She'll be discussing each and every issue from the perspective that the truth lies, almost always, in the middle.

From the course syllabus, it states - "The ultimate goal of Who Do We Think We Are [the course name] is to expose students to multiple perspectives and allow the to reflect and think critically about where they stand."

I'm fine with that as long as they stick to that and shared as such. One thing I like about the course is the frameworks they are allowing them to communicate in. When a subject comes up, like Alton Sterling did on Friday, a student is not permitted to make direct statements like "That's racist." Instead, they are being taught essentially to speak like mature adults and use phrases like "I respect your opinion. Mine is different and I believe..." Learning to speak that way will serve them well in a diverse work or university environment in the future.

We spoke at length. I shared my views. They theirs' and it was overall a good conversation. I disagreed with a point or two, but nothing that left me alarmed. We discussed welfare, Malcolm X, the news and media bias, and my personal views on addressing race relations at a grass roots level. It ended with a big thank you from the Principal especially, who thanked me for being there - that too few parents show interest and they welcome it - and he welcomed me to come sit in on any class if I chose to.

Then immediately after, I went and picked up our young friend "T" - the 13 year old African American who we've been mentoring for about 3 years. Talked with his aunt, who's his legal guardian and 7 months pregnant for a while in their home, then we left. Took him and my youngest son to my oldest son's HS football game.

--------------------------------------------

Saturday rolls around, another busy day. Took my youngest son to his 2nd basketball tryout in one direction, and my wife took "T" 30 minutes in the other direction to his youth football game. After my son's tryout, we jetted up to the game. T plays for the youth football team I used to coach for. It was fantastic seeing all of the coaches and players (many of whom are the same). Ended up being a horrific night however.

First, one of their star players got hit late out of bounds and had his shoulder separated. Ambulance on the field-type-of-deal.

Then T, who was having a very good game, fielded a kick. He muffed it, picked it up but in so doing was in an awkward position, got hit and went down, very awkwardly. He was down on the field with his coaches. He got to the sideline and I came over. They thought "he tweaked his ankle." I saw his face and knew something was really wrong. He was in excruciating pain, and swelling above the ankle. He wasn't in "I have a sprain" pain. So a good friend of mine picks him up and starts carrying him to the lot. He goes about 100M around the track then I carried him 50, before switching back off and I sprinted to my truck. I drove down onto the HS field, got him in, and drove like a bat out of hell to the ER. Got there about 8:20.

Called his Aunt, who in turn called his mom (who does not have custody of him) and they joined us there. T broke both bones in his lower leg above the ankle and might also have a fracture below the knee too. The kid was in such writhing pain that a nurse and I had to put on radiation aprons and sit and hold his leg in place just to get two poor x-ray shots. But they were clear enough to know it was bad. We were in the ER for 4 hours.

We left, my wife and I taking T home with us because his mom can't care for him and his Aunt is so pregnant and doesn't have a house conducive to care. We get fast food (blech) because it was 12:30AM. We get home and make our family room into a makeshift hospital room for him, and finally, about 2:30AM the drugs kicked in and he was able to sleep. I think I made it to bed by 4. Fast forward to this morning/today and he's still in utter agony. Trying to get him to the bathroom this morning, you'd have thought I was slowly cutting his limbs off with a pocket knife the way he screamed. It's been awful for him. The cast he has on is makeshift and the kid is allergic to motrin, so he can only go on the Tylenol regimen and aceto-related drugs, nothing ibuprofen related, which isn't enough (no blend of Tylenol/motrin drugs).

We'll get him to the ortho tomorrow. Not sure if he'll need surgery or not, but at a minimum he needs to get into a solid, plaster cast of some sort to stabilize it.

Happy first day of NFL football!

Last edited:
Update on this story, as I feel the need to just vent. I'm beat. T stayed with us yesterday, watching football, eating, crying, being normal, crying some more. My sons were great and helped out a lot. While T was here, discovered we have a major plumbing issue - like rip the walls out to find the problem. And last night one of my two dogs escaped and we spent a couple hours running about looking for him before I found him. Ugggh.

Get up this morning and his Aunt and I get him to the ortho. The doctor takes more xrays. Luckily there is no break below the knee, just the tibia and fibia above the ankle - which is bad enough. However, there's still too much swelling and they won't put a real cast on it for another week. So he's stuck in this firm, but loose ace bandage wrap contraption that allows a lot of sway and wiggle and thus pain. The doc says no school for a week. With my kids going back to school, and having had T for 3 nights, the decision on where he was going to go came up. His Aunt/Guardian said to his mom's. Mom's just getting her life back together after incarceration (I have no idea what for, how long for, never asked, don't care). So I had to have the heart to heart with the aunt - can mom take care of him? Will she take care of him? Will she remember his meds and the schedule? Where will he sleep? His Aunt assured me she would/could, but furniture was a problem. Their one bedroom apartment had only a bed. That was the only furniture in the place. A bed.

We leave the Dr and I call my wife. "Honey, we gotta get them a couch. I can't send T over there without a place to rest. He'll never heal." She agreed.

We get there, I see mom and the step dad and her other 2 younger kids. Sure enough, a bed - a mattress on a frame. That's it. So I tell her and the Aunt, I'm getting a couch for T. And left. Went to a local Salvation Army. Found a really nice couch all things considered, for $169, 20% off. I take the ticket to the counter, and the super kind elderly Indian woman behind the counter looks at me and says 'You look like a nice guy, I'll make it 40% off." Then she paused, smiled, looked at the date and said "I can make this 60% off" and smiled at me. I smiled back at her and said "Bless you. You may not realize it, but you're helping out a young man in need" and quickly told her about his broken leg, having no furniture, and this is where he would recuperate. She beamed hearing she was helping out. Got the couch for $68.

So with some minor help, I loaded up the couch, drove it up there and got it to his place. 3rd floor of an apt building, 5 flights of stairs, no elevator. The step dad and I finally lug it up the stairs and get it inside. Everyone was very thankful, which meant a lot. But seeing T on the couch leaves me more comfortable that he'll be fine for the next week.

IMG_6272.jpg

Wrapping this back into the school and the race relations course...this is how I deal with race relations. I grew up in the country. When someone needed help, you helped. End of story. It seemed every weekend, and frequently during the week, we were all always helping each other out. You pay it forward, it comes back to you. You treat people with kindness, they will you. And so on and so forth. This is how racial issues are fixed. Not by some Government program, not by a divisive ******* President bent on dividing this nation. Not through welfare and reparations.

Throughout the weekend, that young man's mom and his aunt texted and thanked my wife and I over and over. After rushing T to the hospital, and spending 4 hours with him and his mom & aunt in the ER, after calming him and holding him down for Xrays and wiping away tears and holding his piss bottle and getting his prescriptions...his Aunt texted my wife and I late Saturday night. She said:

"You and your family are truly guardian angels. I really appreciated all that you guys have been doing for T and I, and just welcoming him into your home as your own. Your presents and dedication will not go unrecognized. THANK YOU SO MUCH [followed by several happy emojis]"

T has told his Aunt and his mom how he wants to grow up and be like Mr. and Mrs. A, "cuz they know how to do things right and they are good people and I wanna be like them." He studies more now. He's more polite now. He gets better grades. He gets into less trouble. Oh, he's by far not out of the woods yet, not by a long shot. But we've been making an impact on him and his family.

You all may think I'm just here patting myself on the back, and if so think what you will. But there really is a point. In order for things to get done, WE have to do them. Walk out the door and do something. Bitching on this forum about race does nothing. It just makes you a social justice warrior. Calling each other racists is silly and accomplishes nothing. I've been called racist by 30 people here. The fact is while so many name call and finger point, I am making a difference, even if on a small level, by just being a decent human being. Sure this weekend wasn't a lot of fun. It WAS supposed to be fun...T was supposed to hang out and shoot some hoops and eat some meals and have a few happy days. It went south and we reacted treating him like our own - because hell he is. Today I missed 3/4 of a day of work to care further for him. But in the end it is SO worth it for him. And it's worth it for me and my family.

There's no color between us. Well...not until T tries to teach me how to "Hit the Folks" and we just laugh at how this old middle age white guy will never get it LOL. Or, when T says Zeus loves and trusts me cuz we're both black and brothers (Zeus loved T the minute he met him, instantly. Zeus has NEVER accepted or trusted any kid, ever, like that. It's amazing actually). What we have is a friendship and a lot of love and laughs. Sure at times some tension between our kids, as boys will be boys. But for T, being accepted into our normal, dysfunctional family and being loved, even if for just a few days a month or more, is like giving someone else gold.

I dare think that if we could take all the hours wasted on this board discussing race and convert those into each person who contributed to those threads instead spending those hours just sitting with some challenged kid, how much better our own worlds would be today.

Last edited:
Great work, Tim. Tell the young man that I feel his pain ... I suffered a spiral fracture of my left leg when I fell off a roof hanging Christmas tree lights in 2003. Broke tib-fib, like T. Two operations, a pin in the ankle and a plate on the fibula, and a LOT of therapy and exercise later - ran a marathon, several half-marathons, and dozens of 10K's and 5K's.

Great work, Tim. Tell the young man that I feel his pain ... I suffered a spiral fracture of my left leg when I fell off a roof hanging Christmas tree lights in 2003. Broke tib-fib, like T. Two operations, a pin in the ankle and a plate on the fibula, and a LOT of therapy and exercise later - ran a marathon, several half-marathons, and dozens of 10K's and 5K's.

Thanks Steel, means a lot hearing that. And GLAD you are over that. His was spiral and will need no surgery. I'm just worried about him till he gets in a cast and that he doesn't further damage it.

One update: T and his mom just called me, and said "THANKS FOR THE REDSKINS COUCH! Now we can watch the game in comfort, and sorry the Steelers are going down!" I just laughed (because it is Burgundy) and said I was about to get Wiz pumping some "Black and Yellow" and I'd be happy to bring them some tissues later tonight.

We'll see how it goes tonight. GO STEELERS!

And if we lose, I'm superstitious and it is because I wasn't thinking and got them a damned burgundy couch...grrrr.

And if we lose, I'm superstitious and it is because I wasn't thinking and got them a damned burgundy couch...grrrr.

What's wrong with Burgundy, you racist?

What's wrong with Burgundy, you racist?

It was my full intent to try to offend you, of course.

And the couch had no effect on the game, woot. Thankful. Was sweatin' in the first.