• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What position do we add for our last roster spot

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Let’s be real… before the end of the week a punter is going to be traded, ir’d or outright cut.

What position do we add when that happens.

A. TE… Gentry was the most surprising cut from the team. Heyward can play TE, but he is a utility player with other responsibilities and Washington is a rookie TE… and those historically have had issues early… so an experienced backup makes sense

B. Ilb… we currently have 4 we average carrying 5 ilbs and really don’t have a special team centric guy like we typically do… Tanner Muse or Nick Kwiatkowski could be added back to fill that role

C. Outside CB. People seem leary of our outside CB group. adding another player in case JPJr isn’t really ready or Pierre isn’t able to pull out of his funk might happen

D. Slot DB. Sullivan is ok and Riley is inexperienced. Adding Norwood or one of the current veteran cuts might be an option

E. OL. Yeah ten OL is massive overkill, but with basically three rookie backups, another experienced guy isn’t totally unimaginable…

F. DL. Eight DL os also overkill, but if you dod bring Fehoko back, it gives you a pure runstopper available for run heavy teams… which will be a half dozen of our opponents this season…

G. Adding a fourth RB… not something we often do, but not impossible

H. Adding a 7 th wr.. the Steelers could use the spot on an injured guy like Mims and let him get healthy or bring Sims or Fitzpatrick back…

I. Adding a fifth olb.. he would be insurance for massive injuries or in case golden pulls an ingram Midseason… but probably offer little else…

J. Adding a fourth QB. This could allow you to move a qb midseason when these morons only carrying two have an injury…

I seem to have left pure Safety off the list, so thats probably what they bring in just to spite me 🤣….

I think Gentry or Muse are probably the top two probable candidates…

Guys I would be interested in not mentioned above.

James Robinson RB-
Just turned 25 and already has a 1,000 yard season under his belt. Would make for a better #3 than McFarland imo.
Isaiah Land LB-
Young, fast, and aggressive. Heard lots of good things about him in Dallas camp.
Darius Rush CB-
5th round pick of the Colts was surprisingly released. Injury hampered him a little in camp but when he was on the field he played well.
Lynn Bowden WR-
I feel Gunner made it because of special teams. I am not sure if Bowden offers much in terms of tackling but he is a good return man.
Jerrod Clark DT-
If you want a true NT then Clark fits the bill. 6-4 335lbs and has good strength and push. With keeping 7 this might be a good PS stash though.
Alec Lindstrom OC-
True center prospect. Brother plays for the faclons dad was a DL in the NFL. Again, probably a PS target but I would definitely see if you can sway him.

Alec Lindstrom OC-
True center prospect. Brother plays for the faclons dad was a DL in the NFL. Again, probably a PS target but I would definitely see if you can sway him.
Jimmy Morrissey. Pickett's center at Pitt. Similar idea as he isn't a significant addition, but a pure center just have to have on the practice squad.

Jimmy Morrissey. Pickett's center at Pitt. Similar idea as he isn't a significant addition, but a pure center just have to have on the practice squad.
Surprised they haven't snagged him or another C for the PS.

Internet is making big deal about Desmond King signing. Pretty quiet here.
I loved the signing but not for what some love it for. I love it as it gives better competition to what I perceive to be the weakest question mark on the roster. If he starts fine if he doesn't fine. But I like they turned over every rock obviously. They didn't paint the barn with a broad brush, the substandard standard isn't well the standard any longer. They aren't seeking comfort and are ready to defend every blade of grass!

I loved the signing but not for what some love it for. I love it as it gives better competition to what I perceive to be the weakest question mark on the roster. If he starts fine if he doesn't fine. But I like they turned over every rock obviously. They didn't paint the barn with a broad brush, the substandard standard isn't well the standard any longer. They aren't seeking comfort and are ready to defend every blade of grass!
Well Tomlined......so to speak.

Internet is making big deal about Desmond King signing. Pretty quiet here.

That’s because Many here haven’t done the math yet;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; King will get us a SB.

well it is better to have him than 2 Punters

Not necessarily as O’Canada still has 2- crayola slots to fill……………

Salute the nation

Last edited:
If Gentry wasn't coming back, he would have signed with someone else already.

Yeah. If Cole did go down I think we might have a long term problem not having another true center on the team. Id be cool with either.