• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What Timmons thought of Miami game

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

Screen-Shot-2016-10-16-at-2.52.59-PM-500x301.png

I have to say, I felt about the same way.

Screenshot-2014-10-20-at-11.00.28-PM.png

That's the 2nd game I've seen him puking in. Sums up my feelings though.

I suspect that they were completely unprepared for the heat and humidity.

Silly damn way to lose a critical game. We'd be 2 games up on an imploding Ravens team and we might even have kept Roethlisberger healthy if they'd hydrated the ******* linemen.

Tackle THAT Mike.

I suspect that they were completely unprepared for the heat and humidity.

Silly damn way to lose a critical game. We'd be 2 games up on an imploding Ravens team and we might even have kept Roethlisberger healthy if they'd hydrated the ******* linemen.

Tackle THAT Mike.

I don't recall what they said game time temps were. But we are mid-Oct in FL, not Sept., and that generally makes a world of difference. Was it warmer than up in PA? Surely it was. But were we talking about 97 with 90 plus humidity? I don't think so. On avg., in Oct., Miami is mid-80's and that should not be debilitating. Looking at what he was barfing up, it was all water. Now, a FL Sept. 1:00 game can be wicked to visiting north teams. We won't go to any FL Sept. day games unless it is a Steeler game.

I felt like throwing up a few times myself.

That's how I felt watching some scrub RB running through them like wet rice paper.

That's the 2nd game I've seen him puking in. Sums up my feelings though.

3rd. I think I remember rat's fans saying he did that on the sidelines. If so....dude needs to get checked for something

I don't recall what they said game time temps were. But we are mid-Oct in FL, not Sept., and that generally makes a world of difference. Was it warmer than up in PA? Surely it was. But were we talking about 97 with 90 plus humidity? I don't think so. On avg., in Oct., Miami is mid-80's and that should not be debilitating. Looking at what he was barfing up, it was all water. Now, a FL Sept. 1:00 game can be wicked to visiting north teams. We won't go to any FL Sept. day games unless it is a Steeler game.

Honestly how does it make a difference where the team is from? Its hot for both teams. The players are from all over. It's not like the Dolphins players can handle the hundred degree heat in September more than say Minnesota. The only difference is when Miami wears white and forces away teams to wear dark colors.

Only rough part was the away team is in the Sun the entire time on the sidelines.

Only rough part was the away team is in the Sun the entire time on the sidelines.

Right. That makes sense. But because the team plays in Pittsburgh is not a reason why the Dolphins have an advantage. People are silly.

3rd. I think I remember rat's fans saying he did that on the sidelines. If so....dude needs to get checked for something

LOL. It's just caused from major exertion in hot weather when you're drinking tons of water. One dude I don't blame on bad D is Timmons.

And it was in the low 90's up here in N, Fla, so it was probably about mid 90's or so with high humidity. Hot enough evidently, especially if you're not used to it..

Honestly how does it make a difference where the team is from? Its hot for both teams. The players are from all over. It's not like the Dolphins players can handle the hundred degree heat in September more than say Minnesota. The only difference is when Miami wears white and forces away teams to wear dark colors.

No, it definitely does make a difference. You DO get acclimated after moving somewhere that is hot (or, cold, I suppose). So, the team who lives and practices in the heat and humidity can handle it better. Trust me. I grew up in Western PA, and then lived in North Western PA, and when I moved to FL, it took time to deal with it. I remember driving my motorcycle to work, especially after lunch, and when I was moving I was fine. But when I stopped at a light, the engine heat coming off the road, 96 degree with high humidity, and I couldn't even stop from saying "WOW" at every stop. I remember going to a Jags practice in August, and between 2 of us we sucked down an 8-pack within a half hour, and not because we were trying to get buzzed, it was THAT hot; we couldn't help it. But you DO get used to it. Anymore, low 90's doesn't even phase me; it's no biggie.

Also, if players didn't acclimate to conditions they live in, why is it Denver's players don't have a problem with the thin air there, but other teams do? Same goes for cold weather teams not being bothered by the cold, but when dome or warm weather teams come in, it bothers them more.

LOL. It's just caused from major exertion in hot weather when you're drinking tons of water. One dude I don't blame on bad D is Timmons.

;)

I know it's over exertion. Just being a douche lol

At least one Dolphin guy had to go back for fluids/cramping, too. I don't know what it was there, but it was hot and humid here. I just don't know how you "get used to it" when you don't live like that day in and day out. I don't think a week would be enough even if they came down the day after the last game. The ****** up part is that, if you drink too much water it gets you sick and if you don't drink enough, you get cramps.

No, it definitely does make a difference. You DO get acclimated after moving somewhere that is hot (or, cold, I suppose). So, the team who lives and practices in the heat and humidity can handle it better. Trust me. I grew up in Western PA, and then lived in North Western PA, and when I moved to FL, it took time to deal with it. I remember driving my motorcycle to work, especially after lunch, and when I was moving I was fine. But when I stopped at a light, the engine heat coming off the road, 96 degree with high humidity, and I couldn't even stop from saying "WOW" at every stop. I remember going to a Jags practice in August, and between 2 of us we sucked down an 8-pack within a half hour, and not because we were trying to get buzzed, it was THAT hot; we couldn't help it. But you DO get used to it. Anymore, low 90's doesn't even phase me; it's no biggie.

Also, if players didn't acclimate to conditions they live in, why is it Denver's players don't have a problem with the thin air there, but other teams do? Same goes for cold weather teams not being bothered by the cold, but when dome or warm weather teams come in, it bothers them more.

I don't buy it. Players move every year, players don't all live in the cities they play in during the off season, alot of teams have indoor practice facilities. Its hot or cold for both teams. This is like saying the Seahawks would be better in the rain because it rains more in Seattle.

I don't buy it. Players move every year, players don't all live in the cities they play in during the off season, alot of teams have indoor practice facilities. Its hot or cold for both teams. This is like saying the Seahawks would be better in the rain because it rains more in Seattle.

How many times have you moved from a northern city to a hot state? Did you not acclimate to the new environment over time? I went from feeling 70 degree water in 75 degree temps was fine to not even jumping into the pool unless it was at least high 80's with water temps in mid 80's. Try telling me I didn't acclimate to FL in time. Does that mean a cold city team will lose to a hot city team every time they play in the south? Of course not. Can it be a factor? You are kind of out there if you don't realize this.

And you didn't answer....

Going with your theory, visiting teams in Denver wouldn't be at any disadvantage, and yet, player after player says the thin air bothers them. But not Bronco players.

Last edited:
At least one Dolphin guy had to go back for fluids/cramping, too. I don't know what it was there, but it was hot and humid here. I just don't know how you "get used to it" when you don't live like that day in and day out. I don't think a week would be enough even if they came down the day after the last game. The ****** up part is that, if you drink too much water it gets you sick and if you don't drink enough, you get cramps.

Coming from someone who has gone from PA to FL, it takes far more than 1 week to acclimate to it. By my 2nd summer here I was used to it. I even keep my thermostat at 78-79 degrees in the summer and feel it is comfortable.

How many times have you moved from a northern city to a hot state? Did you not acclimate to the new environment over time? I went from feeling 70 degree water in 75 degree temps was fine to not even jumping into the pool unless it was at least high 80's with water temps in mid 80's. Try telling me I didn't acclimate to FL in time. Does that mean a cold city team will lose to a hot city team every time they play in the south? Of course not. Can it be a factor? You are kind of out there if you don't realize this.

And you didn't answer....

Going with your theory, visiting teams in Denver wouldn't be at any disadvantage, and yet, player after player says the thin air bothers them. But not Bronco players.

Yeah but these guys are from all over, live in different cities in the offseason, and move teams every year. It's not 1 guy.

The previous time Timmons vomited in a game the momentum changed. I was hoping for the same in Miami. No such luck.

Yeah but these guys are from all over, live in different cities in the offseason, and move teams every year. It's not 1 guy.

You're right. But I still say being acclimated - even if you don't live there year round, is _PART_ of the over all picture. It's not an all-deciding factor, but it's part of the collective picture.