• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What would your reaction be?

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious. What would your reaction be, if President Obama called a surprise presser for tonight. His message................Disclosure. That there has been a known extraterrestrial alien presence on Earth for the past 60 years. The Gov't has kept it secret because of the societal upheavel it would have caused. They feel now is the time to reveal that we are not alone in the universe.

And where does the conversation go from there?

Oh, and if you think this might be ridiculous proposition, clips like the one below makes one wonder.

Torture the alien until it discloses the location of it's home planet, then we nuke the bejeezus out of it.

Puny earthlings know they are no match for the overlords...loose lips sink planets

i'd want to know how many of those aliens voted for him and how many are on the gov't teet.

and, of course, if they're muslim and if not, could they draw allah.

This would be more likely 1 year from now, so he could cancel the election to deal with the imminent damage....

Puny earthlings know they are no match for the overlords...loose lips sink planets

what if they are not plain and grey? maybe they all look like Kate Upton.

what if they are not plain and grey? maybe they all look like Kate Upton.

they don't bring their females with them, that's why come to steal earth girls for hybridization in the breeding pens

didn't i explain all this to you once?

What would your reaction be?
I certainly wouldn't be surprised, shocked, dismayed, or fearful. It would be really cool, I think, to find out there are other life forms out there...

I certainly wouldn't be surprised, shocked, dismayed, or fearful. It would be really cool, I think, to find out there are other life forms out there...

that's what they all say, at first

68191_to-serve-man-21.jpg

In my opinion there is TONS of life in the universe. More than we can even comprehend in more variety and complexity and intellect than we could ever imagine.

However, despite all this life and all the intellect in the universe, I still think Einstein's theory of relativity will always prevent interstellar travel. I know we love to hypothesize about bending space/time and somehow changing matter into energy and back again, but I just think it's physically impossible.

I think matter is just very limited by the speed of light. And the universe is so much bigger than what people realize. That solar systems are 1000's of light years apart, and galaxies are millions of light years apart that all the infinite pockets of intelligent life are, unfortunately, islands that will never meet.

In my opinion there is TONS of life in the universe. More than we can even comprehend in more variety and complexity and intellect than we could ever imagine.

However, despite all this life and all the intellect in the universe, I still think Einstein's theory of relativity will always prevent interstellar travel. I know we love to hypothesize about bending space/time and somehow changing matter into energy and back again, but I just think it's physically impossible.

I think matter is just very limited by the speed of light. And the universe is so much bigger than what people realize. That solar systems are 1000's of light years apart, and galaxies are millions of light years apart that all the infinite pockets of intelligent life are, unfortunately, islands that will never meet.

I tend to agree, but I also believe in interdimensional travel, which would be a far more likely way to have repeated visits from intelligent life... we understand far less of dimensional physics than we do about potential space travel. we have phased a few molecules through rock, and have a bunch of unproven theories. its a better explanation for potential intelligent life having regular contact here than some random distant galaxy, though still rather unlikely

That solar systems are 1000's of light years apart, and galaxies are millions of light years apart that all the infinite pockets of intelligent life are, unfortunately, islands that will never meet.

chance-there-is.gif

in this 4 dimensional space we occupy.

Some aren't even aware of what a light year is. Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. Of course it travels twice as far in 2 seconds. There are roughly 31,500,000 seconds in a year X 186,000miles = 1 light year = 5.8 trillion miles away....and scientist talk about galaxies that are millions of light years away!!!???

How the hell do they know this **** so far away??

The next sun closest to the earth is Proxima Centauri...4.2 light years away....and there are supposed to be millions (billions?) of suns...how do they know this ****?

And since we know there are millions of suns, it would be naïve to believe we earthlings are the only ones...

Last edited:
Some aren't even aware of what a light year even is. Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. Of course it travels twice as far in 2 seconds. There are roughly 31,500,000 seconds in a year X 186,000miles = 1 light year = 5.8 trillion miles away....and scientist talk about galaxies that are millions of light years away!!!???

How the hell do they know this **** so far away??

If there is life on other planets, we're too far away to get to them and they're too far away to get to us. I don't worry about it. The Zombie Apocalypse is more likely.

If there is life on other planets, we're too far away to get to them and they're too far away to get to us. I don't worry about it. The Zombie Apocalypse is more likely.

If by Zombie Apocalypse you mean some sort of pathogen that will wipe out 90% of human population, it's just a matter of time.....

If by Zombie Apocalypse you mean some sort of pathogen that will wipe out 90% of human population, it's just a matter of time.....

About two years ago I read a science mag on a plane ride that actually broke down the various things that could cause a "zombie apocalypse", and why they were nigh impossible. the best I can tell the only scenario that was remotely plausible was nanotech, where some firms are trying to create self replicating nanobots that reconstruct the human body from the inside... a healing factor if you will, the scenario was that a "blank" version could be released that would repair the base functions but more or less wipe the brain of all but base instincts... and be spread like a virus...

All the viruses and bacteria stuff was more or less impossible, despite what happens in ants with fungus... human brain chemistry is different...

Maybe they are millions of years more advanced than us and have discovered a way to travel through wormholes...did ya ever think of that?

Maybe they are millions of years more advanced than us and have discovered a way to travel through wormholes...did ya ever think of that?
Yeah but I decided that no one could be smarter than us. We have Bomma.

There's that liberal optimism we've all come to know and love. Jumping from one angst ridden, hand wringing worry to another, much like being fat, drunk and stupid, is no way to go through life.