• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wheaton and Nix are out.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I mentioned this in the game thread. If Coates, Rogers and DHB play well, Wheaton may not be No. 2 when he comes back.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think you have Rogers and Brown locked into their positions.

Which leaves Coates as fighting Wheaton for playing time. IMO he will have to be the one to tear that one outside spot away from Wheaton.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Somebody help me out here please. We have 5 wr's who basically can play anywhere but tend to play certain positions either outside or in the slot.

While Brown has played the slot earlier in his career, he now is exclusively outside
DHB and Coates have been only used outside this year as far as I know and should both get plays, with DHB the tentative starter.

That leaves Wheaton and Rogers on the inside, meaning Rodgers should start this game in the slot...No??

4 healthy wr's doesn't seem like enough to go...... 5 wide ******* !!

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I mentioned this in the game thread. If Coates, Rogers and DHB play well, Wheaton may not be No. 2 when he comes back.

I'm not sure we really have a number 2 anyways. AB is out there 99% of the time and the others depend on the formation/package/down and distance.

bmoritz

Reaction score
Eh, to me, Wheaton's just "a guy". We'll be fine without him. More concerned about Nix.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure we really have a number 2 anyways. AB is out there 99% of the time and the others depend on the formation/package/down and distance.

True, depending on the formation but Wheaton was definitely 2A to start the season.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Would love to have Wheaton out there but confident to have DHB and Coates and ecstatic to have Heyward and the Grave digger on a full week practice.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I had Wheaton and Eil as 2a and 2b this season. Very little drop off in talent between the two, and If I'm in the FO, Eli has the inside track to replacing Wheaton at the end of the season.

Starting receivers will be Coates, and AB. Eli will fill the slot. DHB will fill out the 4 wide. I'm not sure if DHB will be in the slot or if AB will bump inside. We'll find out on Monday night.

Sorry Spike, no 5 wide for these ******* this week...