• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

When you get a gift from your kids you never expected...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I took my daughter and her girlfriend to Missoula last weekend so Maria (girlfriend) could take a tour of the campus and the kids could get an idea what kind of housing they may be able to secure next fall.
Their friend Elijah came along. He's also a Sr. in High School, but he plans on taking a gap year. He also wants to move to Missoula and live there along with my daughter and her GF.

Anyway, we did the trip, it was nice blah blah blah... Sunday Night, the kids dropped by the house with a new fellow, a kid named Justin. They said, Justin just wanted to MEET you! I of course was confused. Then it came out. While we were doing the Missoula trip, Elijah recorded me (secretly) several times. He posted 4 different videos on SnapFace (what we call it, being silly). He was going to show them to me (so he said) but he'd accidentally failed to save them so they were gone... gone forever.

So, of course I'm thinking Elijah made some videos that made me look particularly dumb and posted them on the interwebs. I was understandable irritated as I've treated these kids as if they are my own. But I remained cool. I decided to make sure I had all the info before I freaked out.

Turns out Elijah (who has a less than perfect home situation) was actually documenting what he feels is a really good parent/child dynamic and he was posting videos that basically said, "This is what a Dad should be like."

Kinda cool. I mean, I'm an *******. I don't deserve that, but it was nice to see.

to reiterate, you are an *******.

...and He'll be the type of Dad you showed him was possible.

I wonder who else is involved in this

You're an *******, thats all I got from this thread. Was there something else that I may have missed?

maybe you could give all the kids a handy cookbook?