• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who woulda thunk it?

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140716/METRO01/307160034

Detroit has experienced 37 percent fewer robberies in 2014 than during the same period last year, 22 percent fewer break-ins of businesses and homes, and 30 percent fewer carjackings. Craig attributed the drop to better police work and criminals being reluctant to prey on citizens who may be carrying guns.

“Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon,” said Craig, who has repeatedly said he believes armed citizens deter crime. “I don’t want to take away from the good work our investigators are doing, but I think part of the drop in crime, and robberies in particular, is because criminals are thinking twice that citizens could be armed.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
While the comments made by Mr. Craig above could be true, Me thinks that the criminals are tired of living in that shitpool and are moving south. Anyways, what is there left to steal in Detroit?

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
While I agree with the premise that an armed populous is a deterrent to crime , you are bound to get 30% less of just about everything when you have 60% less people.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
While I agree with the premise that an armed populous is a deterrent to crime , you are bound to get 30% less of just about everything when you have 60% less people.

I think some of both is true in this case.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score

I would agree if those improvements weren't over 1 year. 60% didn't move this year.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I'm not sure that article is a good example. How does a trigger happy 88 year old shooting at a news crew deter crime.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in Detroit now and a car jacking was on the news this morning. The numbers may be lower but they're still high as hell.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Detroit really has gone to hell. In years past, at least they had the decency to try and burn it down every Halloween