• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why doesn’t social media crack down on scammers like it does on what it calls “fake news”

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I want an answer. Every time anything is posted that meets the algorithms censorship tags, it instantly flags the article or post, limits its likes and comments, and puts a warning up about why it is fake news, even if it ultimately isn’t

The CBS Steelers Facebook site somehow gets tagged to my feed constantly these days, and its like 45% scammers and phishing ******** that utilize the same format, either trying to get info by pretending to be admins, putting up fake pics to guilt people into giving them info, selling bogus crap, or giving away fake prizes…..

It could 100% easily be flagged as potential scams for the naive and usually older people that fall for it. But they don’t… Why?

I am happily not a member of any type of social media. unless this site is considered it

Reactions: xjx
I keep getting ads for the Camp Lejeune water lawsuit on my FB feed and email even though I've never been in the military and nothing in my profiles says I was.
Account was restricted again yesterday for the Hillary suicide meme. Apparently it gets flagged for the word "suicide" although I've learned if I appeal it I'll win.

Hillary_10.png

I want an answer. Every time anything is posted that meets the algorithms censorship tags, it instantly flags the article or post, limits its likes and comments, and puts a warning up about why it is fake news, even if it ultimately isn’t

The CBS Steelers Facebook site somehow gets tagged to my feed constantly these days, and its like 45% scammers and phishing ******** that utilize the same format, either trying to get info by pretending to be admins, putting up fake pics to guilt people into giving them info, selling bogus crap, or giving away fake prizes…..

It could 100% easily be flagged as potential scams for the naive and usually older people that fall for it. But they don’t… Why?
They only care about political censorship that goes against their person politics. The rest of the criminal activity,fraud and harassment is a OK.

During the presidential election numerous conservative members of FB like Ben Shapiro had rententless scam bots bombard all threads. These would actually steal a picture of Ben, his name to use on their new scam page. I reported no less than a hundred of them. As soon as one would disappear they'd make a new one.

**** Facebook and that shitbag weirdo that runs it.

Yep the double standards and hypocritical actions are insane right now. A lib friend of mine can go on an insane rant about Trump pissing on hookers, but a conservative who posts about hunter biden on crack gets red flagged, meanwhile there are literal criminals scamming nonstop everywhere…

They only care about political censorship that goes against their person politics. The rest of the criminal activity,fraud and harassment is a OK.

During the presidential election numerous conservative members of FB like Ben Shapiro had rententless scam bots bombard all threads. These would actually steal a picture of Ben, his name to use on their new scam page. I reported no less than a hundred of them. As soon as one would disappear they'd make a new one.

**** Facebook and that shitbag weirdo that runs it.
Sometimes Ben is hard to keep up with because he is just so freaking smart. And I am not being sarcastic.

Sometimes Ben is hard to keep up with because he is just so freaking smart. And I am not being sarcastic.
He just talks way too fast. He packs an entire book into 2 min.

I do like how he dismantles woke college students with logic,reason and facts.

"Facts don't care about your feelings"..lol. I love that line of his.

Jordan Peterson is another guy I've enjoyed listening to for years.

He just talks way too fast. He packs an entire book into 2 min.
I'll slow down the playback speed 1 step when listening to longer clips
Jordan Peterson is another guy I've enjoyed listening to for years.
I enjoy him also. I love the calm logic he brings.

They don't crack down on the scammers because bots skew the add data in their favor. It's all about the money.

Last edited:
China "donated" over 100 million dollars to the Penn Biden institute during his campaign. Perhaps this money pays for these activities?