• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Hopkins tied to Steelers?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I don't think it will happen but for the right price I would welcome it. Steelers aren't getting much production outside of DJ and Pickens.

With DJ back along with Robinson and Austin, I really see no reason for another WR. Heck, we can't even find a way to get our big TE's involved in the game. Heyward is getting a few looks but Washington has basically been ignored even though he is a huge target and catches anything near him. If we are going to make any move, it should be for a CB but I doubt we make any significant move.

Doesn't make any sense. However, this is the team whose offensive philosophy has been to choose "weapons" over lineman and believed drafting a rb in round 1 would miraculously fix the run game.

Our offense can use ANY jolt it can get....

You have the opportunity to land a future HOF, who can influence our immature WR's & who is still very, very good, Hell yeah you add him...And you DON'T let the Browns get him...

Last edited:
Our offense can use ANY jolt it can get....

You have the opportunity to land a future HOF, who can influence our immature WR's & who is still very, very good, Hell yeah you add him...And you DON'T let the Browns get him...

By "jolt" it could be electricity (I have giant battery and probes), or

RED
HOT
POKER

(I have these as well).

Our offense could use the JOLT of ejecting O'Canada from a cannon.

Salute the nation

I also saw where Hayden Hurst the TE might be available. Now to me this would make sense and a bigger need. I think they just don’t trust the rookie Washington at this point but a veteran presence at TE could really help us.
DeAndre is a really good receiver who never should have been let go in Houston but that was goofy Bill O’Brien who was a disaster here. I don’t know how they would fit DeAndre under the cap since I think he’s signed through 2025 at something like 21 million. I wouldn’t be against it but don’t think it’s likely… just click bait ****!

DHop is way too expensive for the Steelers. They cannot afford him.

If by some miracle Steelers get DHop, look-F-out. DHop changes everything. Seriously. this one guy immediately alleviates alot of problems in Canada's system.

DHop is the ultimate outside passing game X. Right out of the gate you will see safeties & corners back the F off and out of the box. Everything, and i mean everything, underneath will open up.

I've was the first guy on this forum to hate on Canada - in his first year. i hated his Noah's Ark bullshit. But DHop will bring forth a gushing RIVER of man-love for Matt Canada. The offense will be SO much better. They would score 25 a game. Maybe more.

I want to point out that the original author of this was Noah Strickbein… he is tge worse fake rumormonger in the media and basically a fanboy blogger that has SI credentials…

Basically the steelers version of Eklund from hockey trade rumors… just all fake

If they can get him for a 6th or 7th rounder and if he can stay on the field. Staying on the field is his problem. 2 years in a row, he did not and this year he's been injured but playing and not doing much. He's definitely lost a step. I just don't see the need.

If they can get him for a 6th or 7th rounder and if he can stay on the field. Staying on the field is his problem. 2 years in a row, he did not and this year he's been injured but playing and not doing much. He's definitely lost a step. I just don't see the need.

Not going to happen, don’t lose any sleep on it but if you get the chance …………….. do the dishes before bed.

For the reasons you’ve stated, he isn’t a mirror of the past. Many here are in love with his past thinking he can replicate that currently……. He can’t. I’d pass on him and focus on offensive play calling, that is what would help this team in the immediate presence.

Salute the nation

I also saw where Hayden Hurst the TE might be available. Now to me this would make sense and a bigger need. I think they just don’t trust the rookie Washington at this point but a veteran presence at TE could really help us.
DeAndre is a really good receiver who never should have been let go in Houston but that was goofy Bill O’Brien who was a disaster here. I don’t know how they would fit DeAndre under the cap since I think he’s signed through 2025 at something like 21 million. I wouldn’t be against it but don’t think it’s likely… just click bait ****!

I don’t think Hurst will be available. The speculation comes from his frustration, but they just lost their other vet TE to IR and they have to eat a 13 million dollar dead cap hit if they trade him right now…

I see you trying to inch up on me in pick'ems, not going to sit for it! 😁

Well....maybe between him and 18 we can get at least one of them on the field each game...

DJ didn't practice yesterday.....hammy still an issue for him...could be a season long concern?

Anything that hampers our drafts of the future without that much significant, long-term gain, I am not in favor of. What is Hopkins gonna really add to this current team? Window dressing? A few 1st downs a game? Is he gonna make a difference in postseason efforts?

IF Kahn/Weidl are as crafty as we think in the draft, then let's not hamper their ammo for cheap, young talent acquisition. Hopkins is 30+ years old. He's not gonna help us in the future and he'd just barely help us in the here and now. We still need OL, CB help and DL additions. Hopkins ain't gonna help us there.

NOT going to happen. 0% chance. But he sure would look good in B&G, running hook routes near the sideline, 3 yards shy of the 1st down marker.

Every ******* year we get named as an odds on favorite to trade for some player that our front office wouldn't even consider trading for.
DHop is this year's pipe dream.
Guess that Aaron Donald is not coming here to finish his career either.
SHOCKER!!