• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why, oh, why would I move out of Los Angeles??? Here's why.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The city - CITY, mind you, not County - has a proposed budget of $9.9 BILLION. BILLION.

But hey, these ******** are spending money for roads, and sewers, and things that matter to the taxpayers, right? Yeah, no.

$148 million for roads. $430 million for the homeless. $2 billion for retirement funds.

https://www.scpr.org/news/2018/04/19/82386/what-la-mayor-garcetti-proposes-in-new-budget/

No, I'm not ******** you. Three times as much for the homeless as repairing the roads, and 12 times as much for pensions as road repairs.

**** this place. The countdown clock is ticking, *******, and I am out of here in a matter of weeks. Oh, and I'm taking my tax revenues with me. Hey, maybe the city gets a few more homeless and illegals to boost those tax revenues, ehh??

9.9 Billion.

I shudder to think what the rest will be wasted on.

th

I don't even like to visit anymore, let alone live there

For some perspective, on a per capita basis, isn’t LA’s budget about 1/5th of the Federal budget’s per capita of $12,000?

Damn!
I see why my wife's family left that place a long time ago

I would move back to South Cali in a heartbeat, just have to reduce the population to under 500,000.

Last edited:
The question is not why would you move out, it's why do you live there in the first place? Fun place to visit but I can't imagine living there.

But at least they're getting their streets painted white. la streets.jpg