• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Will tonite be the end of the Landry Jones era?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
please?

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...andry-jones-well-behind-2013-draft-classmates

In Neal Coolong's latest edition of the '2 minute drill' for 92.3 ESPN in Selingsgrove, PA, Neal answers the question that many Pittsburgh Steelers fans are wondering after two preseason games.

"What is up with Landry Jones?!"

Jones is lagging behind the rest of his 2013 draft members that are showing the progression that is expected of second year players. Shamarko Thomas, Jarvis Jones and Markus Wheaton are all making strides while it seems Landry Jones remains in a rut.

Wheaton is improving?

How can you tell?

If he plays well he is a game day inactive. If not he is on the practice squad. Either way he won't be on the field on Sunday.

I just don't want to waste the roster spot on him anymore. I am fine putting him on the PS this year in hopes it will light a fire under his butt and give us a QB we can call up quickly just in case of an injury but I don't think anyone will look to sign him unless they want to pick his brain about our play book but since it seems like he doesn't have a rudimentary understanding of it I doubt he'd be much help.

The Kid needs to improve. Can he, we will find out. If those of you who think he will be out right cut, won't happen.

salute the nation

I was hoping we would of taken Zac Dysart as he looked like a good prospect big strong, good arm and nothing has to do with he wen to to same college as ben more so his size and where he was projected. No one projected landry to be a starting caliber type even tough he had solid numbers as a sooner.
I tought giving him his fav target justin brown would jump start his development. But both have been duds, I would not be surprised if we keep 6 wr and j.brown is on the ps and the 6 wr are
brown wheaton moore Bryant heyward-bay moye

at the most, put him on the PS or just cut him for the extra roster spot. Hell, I'd take Harrison back for Landry's spot on the roster.

I don't know, Gradkowski looked like dogshit too, I'm not sure I have ANY faith in either of these guys. If we're keeping one, I'd side with Jones just because we're ****** if either one needs to come in, and Bruce has had LOTS of time to show what he can do.

Joe

I hope I'm wrong but no way will the Steelers FO lose face and admit one of their golden draft picks was wrong this soon.

Tomlin will give him a high five and they'll keep him at least another year, maybe two.

Put him and Jarvis on the same bus out of town. We could likely do as well with only 10 guys on the field as 11 with Jarvis. At least the left tackle would waste time looking for who he was supposed to block.

I think he's waiver wire bait. We'll wait for PSs to fill and throw him at the waiver wire right before the first game with a clear path to the PS. That would be a good move.