• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Woke Razors... First Gillette, Now Harry's

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score

Why can't companies just make a great product and stfu about social issues? Funnel your profits into better products and avoid corporate activism. I had switched to Harry's after Gillette's "toxic masculinity" #MeToo controversy a couple of years back... and because of their sponsorship of the Cheater's stadium.

Can't I just get a damn good shave? Dollar Shave Club didn't impress me, so I guess I'll try Jeremy's Razors now.

Crap, I switched to Harry's after Gillette too.

Dude, just get a safety razor and Feather blades and be done with the bullshit. My wife bought me a safety razor about 8 years ago and a 200 count pack of feather blades and I haven't even used half of them. Hell, I bought my college age son a safety razor for Christmas this past year and threw three Feather packs in from my stash. I'll probably turn 55 before I need to buy another pack of blades that will last me until I'm dead.

I switched from Dollar Shave Club to Harry's because of the wokeness of DSC.

Looks like I'll be looking into Feather and Jeremy's. I can't do much, but I can vote with my dollars. I hope that if enough of us do, the companies will suffer lots.

Genius indeed. But....$59.99? There better be 20 razors in there.

1648130380972.png

EDIT: I didn't zoom in. Still a bit expensive but I'd rather pay the God King. May try it.

1648130531996.png

great commercial and will piss a lot of people off. Kinda pricey for that set. I have been using Rite-Aid's brand razors and they are pretty good. $20 and enough razors lasts for a year.

Dude, just get a safety razor and Feather blades and be done with the bullshit. My wife bought me a safety razor about 8 years ago and a 200 count pack of feather blades and I haven't even used half of them. Hell, I bought my college age son a safety razor for Christmas this past year and threw three Feather packs in from my stash. I'll probably turn 55 before I need to buy another pack of blades that will last me until I'm dead.
That’s what I use, Feather safety razor and feather blades.

My wife and I have been using Harry's for a few years now. I swear, I think the quality of the steel has dropped off since they became famous. I think I'll try the Feather blades since Harry's wants to be all political.

Been using Schick Quatro for years. No political bs for them yet that I know about.
Suppose it depends on your views on Hong Kong - Schick did post a tweet a few years ago in apparent support of a pro-democracy activist, then deleted it and apologised when it attracted the attention of the Chinese version of cancel culture.

I got one a few years ago and after some trial and error decided on Astra blades from Amazon. The shave isn't as close as I like and I only get one shave out of a blade if I don't want to cut the crap out of my face.

Schick Quattro Titanium works for me. I think I can get 24 refill cartridges for like $30 bucks on Amazon. Dollar Shave Club was crap IMO, or I got a bad batch.

And that Jeremy's commercial was epic. They crushed it.

I got one a few years ago and after some trial and error decided on Astra blades from Amazon.

Astra blades, never heard of those. Looks like you can get 300 for $24 bucks, dang:

Interesting. Don’t you cut the **** out of your self? I assume it’s a very clean shave too?

I got one a few years ago and after some trial and error decided on Astra blades from Amazon. The shave isn't as close as I like and I only get one shave out of a blade if I don't want to cut the crap out of my face.
Those blades are from St. Petersburg Russia! You pinko hate monger!!

What razor do you put them in? And is that one shave from Astra, or the other ones?

Interesting. Don’t you cut the **** out of your self? I assume it’s a very clean shave too?
I have yet to cut my face. It's a comparable shave to those over priced razors. I use a horse hair brush and shaving soap cakes too to lather up, I love it man.

Those blades are from St. Petersburg Russia! You pinko hate monger!!

What razor do you put them in? And is that one shave from Astra, or the other ones?
Dunno, just some safety razor I got on Amazon for $15.
I can get two shaves out of an Astra if I flip the blade but I only get one out of any of the blades I've tried. More than once and I cut the **** out of my face.
Also there are counterfeit Astras out there so buy from Amazon and not eBay.

Daily Wire now going to start making their own kids programming to combat woke disney