• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wolf (D) Headed for Landslide Win in Pennsylvania Governor race

Steelerfan

Reaction score
A caller on some talk radio show raised the point that since there is a decline in the use of hard-wired phones due to the popularity of cell-phones, can any of these polls ever be accurate? Its not like there is a telephone book for cell phones that pollsters can use.

ark steel

Reaction score
A caller on some talk radio show raised the point that since there is a decline in the use of hard-wired phones due to the popularity of cell-phones, can any of these polls ever be accurate? Its not like there is a telephone book for cell phones that pollsters can use.

I'd imagine that they are using purchased databases rather than the phone book. A purchased database would have significantly more cell phone numbers in it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Looks like supporting Gay Marriage and raising taxes isn’t helping Corbett very much

Also the fact that we have a Republican governor, both houses of the state legislature are Republican controlled, and we still can't buy beer and wine in supermarkets. If Corbett had managed to get just that one thing done he'd win in a landslide.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know, we live here, my hubby works with state legislators, it seems pretty accurate. Everybody hates Corbett. Stupid people here are going to vote themselves out of the frying pan and into the fire.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Also the fact that we have a Republican governor, both houses of the state legislature are Republican controlled, and we still can't buy beer and wine in supermarkets. If Corbett had managed to get just that one thing done he'd win in a landslide.

I vote for Ron Burgundy!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Gov. Corbett's biggest problem is the eastern PA Republicans in the legislature who act like Democrats.

Spike

Reaction score
I'll bet Wolf wins.

100 to 1.

Here's my dollar.

diver

Reaction score
Corbett is an ***, but I am voting for him without question. I will do everything I can not to let some idiot Dem gov. screw with my gun rights. People better understand that.

coupon

Reaction score
Corbett is an ***, but I am voting for him without question. I will do everything I can not to let some idiot Dem gov. screw with my gun rights. People better understand that.

that sorta sounds like a threat

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to move south. I'm tired of this damn state.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to move south. I'm tired of this damn state.

You and me both. When I finish school I'm heading to FL.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
You and me both. When I finish school I'm heading to FL.

LOL..no difference here other than we can buy our beer just about anywhere. We also have the two faced ex-gov and Rep. that turned Dem. Crist, trying to oust the Republican Scott.

Last edited:

Steelerfan

Reaction score
LOL..no difference here other than we can buy our beer just about anywhere. We also have the two faced ex-gov and Rep. that turned Dem. Christy, trying to oust the Republican Scott.

Grammar police: Do you mean Charlie Crist? He's not very Christy in my book, only Jesus is. :cool:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
LOL..no difference here other than we can buy our beer just about anywhere. We also have the two faced ex-gov and Rep. that turned Dem. Christy, trying to oust the Republican Scott.
Yes but you have a growing state, no state income tax, and no snow. PA will continue into the dumper, only it'll be a faster ride with Gov. Wolfe.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes but you have a growing state, no state income tax, and no snow. PA will continue into the dumper, only it'll be a faster ride with Gov. Wolfe.

Right you are JonBoy and the more the merrier I say. You gonna move down south to teach daddy how to fish ?

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Most Penn State alumni think Corbett helped Sandusky's charity the Second Mile cover up his crimes. The Second Miles was very influential in business and politics. He took money from them when he was AG. So far, every PSU board of trustees member who has been up for re-election and had involvement with second mile has been voted out.

This is also why Kathleen Kane won a landslide as state Attorney General. She promised to dig into what happened with second mile.

You take the Dems who hate Corbett already and mix in angry PSU alumni who may otherwise vote Rep and you have blowout city even though Wolf is a clown. State GOP should know this and ditch Corbett. They should try to get Santorum or somebody else to run in his place.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
As a hardcore independent let me say I will vote for wolfe 100 out of 100 times.. not cause I believe in him or what he will do, but because corbett has been every bit as bad as Rendell was prior to him. Fracking owns the dude. he is a total abortion of a governor.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
As a hardcore independent let me say I will vote for wolfe 100 out of 100 times.. not cause I believe in him or what he will do, but because corbett has been every bit as bad as Rendell was prior to him. Fracking owns the dude. he is a total abortion of a governor.

PA is ranked 10th of 50 states in highest tax burdens in the country. Yeah, if you believe that's not quite high enough go ahead and vote for Wolf. Yeah, yeah I know Corbett raised some taxes and fees. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
My wife says she would move South if the opportunity presented itself, but I couldn't and won't. I actually enjoy seasons. Also when we go South on vacation, after walking around in 90 degree heat for 7 days I'm ******* done and ready to head back up here to get some relief.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
PA is ranked 10th of 50 states in highest tax burdens in the country. Yeah, if you believe that's not quite high enough go ahead and vote for Wolf. Yeah, yeah I know Corbett raised some taxes and fees. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Corbett gave the frackers a free pass. we are letting companies take natural resources from the state using a method that has severe impacts on groundwater and stability, misled the public by having the PA DEP not disclose known contaminants, and forced cities like Pittsburgh to allow fracking in their borders, regardless of proximity to communities or streams that run to the rivers. They pay no taxes on the resources they are taking so the long term impact will be covered by taxpayers. On top of all that my taxes are worse than when he started. You cant really look at Corbetts body of work and say he has even been an ok governor. He had a shot and frankly he sucked.