• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Women in the military

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I saw another report of a bar fight in the area. Couple of dudes again. Then I saw an article about women in the military and the draft. It got me thinking about the ridiculous forcing of "equality" into the military. I would like to see a statistic of all the fights in America broken down by gender. I bet it's something like 90+% male. Not talking about violent crimes or some general stat like that. I'm talking about fights. It's time to stop pretending that women are as aggressive and strong as men, and quit putting our forces at risk with this PC bullshit. For ***** sake, we go to war to protect our women at home, not the ones beside us in the foxhole. Let us do our ****.

Funny how the feminists screamed for women to be allowed to fight in combat....but when the issue of the draft comes up and drafting women, they scream that it's not fair. You can't have it both ways.

I saw another report of a bar fight in the area. Couple of dudes again. Then I saw an article about women in the military and the draft. It got me thinking about the ridiculous forcing of "equality" into the military. I would like to see a statistic of all the fights in America broken down by gender. I bet it's something like 90+% male. Not talking about violent crimes or some general stat like that. I'm talking about fights. It's time to stop pretending that women are as aggressive and strong as men, and quit putting our forces at risk with this PC bullshit. For ***** sake, we go to war to protect our women at home, not the ones beside us in the foxhole. Let us do our ****.

Google or YouTube "girls fighting". Girls can be very aggressive and nasty. Girls fight anywhere over any stupid thing.

If I were to bet I'd say 50-50 boys girls.

My only problem with the military during Christmas is the family unity............

WgdxdRB.png

In general, no issues with it. I have some, specific, issues from personal experience:

1. Different physical fitness requirements. Just before I learned I had asthma, I failed a PT run, gasping for breath. Didn't miss by much, but missed it, nonetheless. Females that came in after me passed.;
2. One of my two week duties was on board a ship that was being retrofitted for female sailors. brand new bunks, bathrooms and everything. Male sailors? Same **** they had been sleeping in for years.
3. Same two week tour, they were loading a bunch of supplies. Us operations people had nothing to do because the ship was in port being retro-fitted. so, they came and got us to carry boxes and **** the entire length of the ship. The men were required to help. Women only voluntarily. Zero women in our group helped.

Not from personal experience, but from what I could see, there were sexual relations amongst the crew. That did cause jealousy amongst those guys that were not getting some. Since we were in port, it wasn't that big of a deal, but, I would think, if they were at sea for months, there would be problems.

My only problem with the military during Christmas is the family unity............

WgdxdRB.png

You get used to it after a while. Not saying it doesn't suck, but it's just part of normal life.

Funny how the feminists screamed for women to be allowed to fight in combat....but when the issue of the draft comes up and drafting women, they scream that it's not fair. You can't have it both ways.

Equality works when it benefits the left. Then it becomes selective equal rights

Militarized women have appeared in cultures throughout history. It is definitely the exception not through rule though that women would not be the nurturing, stable force to keep a society together. This is just an another attack on the traditional family IMO.

By and large, women don't even want to do jobs in the combat arms fields. Sure, you get one's and two's here and there, but on the whole they don't want it. It is so bad the Sergeant Major of the Army is more or less begging women to join these jobs. I have no problem with the military opening these jobs to women, but there had to be an expectation that few, if any, would actually sign up. Combat arms sucks, and women, I think, are smart enough to avoid the suck when possible where men may not have that same choice.

The problem I have is that females are simply not as strong as males and lack the physical endurance of males. This IS an issue in combat where you have fo carry a heavy load for miles, or Cary/drag a wounded buddy 1000 meters to the rear to the AXP. And as much as the armchair generals want to blow it off things still breakdown to fighting hand to hand where brute strength is a necessity. Completely ignoring fraternization and the problems it will cause, women in combat MOS' are a bad idea. It will lose us wars and get men killed.

The problem I have is that females are simply not as strong as males and lack the physical endurance of males. This IS an issue in combat where you have fo carry a heavy load for miles, or Cary/drag a wounded buddy 1000 meters to the rear to the AXP. And as much as the armchair generals want to blow it off things still breakdown to fighting hand to hand where brute strength is a necessity. Completely ignoring fraternization and the problems it will cause, women in combat MOS' are a bad idea. It will lose us wars and get men killed.

I agree. There are some things that women cannot do as well as men. Admitting that isn't sexist, it's realist.

Funny thing about this equality thing....heard this somewhere and thought I'd throw it out...

A male at a very young age knows he is destined get some kind of education or acquire a skill and get a job...he has no other choices.

A woman..."lets see...shall I go to college or not, maybe just get married and stay home, or should I start my career first then me and my husband have kids later, or should I start my career after we have kids, shall I work part time instead of full time"?

And now "Shall I choose a combat role or not".

In all fairness, there are more women in college today than men, and women are the ones who have to carry that baby for 9 months, unless of course she chooses to kill it.

Last edited:

My view is this. Unless it's in closed quarters ( Submarine or Tank ) Women if qualified should be allowed to serve.

However, do not lower any qualifications for them to do so. There are some talented people to choose from, and a variety of roles. The Armed forces barely hit their quotas for recruits.

Okay you might not find many women marines or army rangers, but 90% of the military are non-front line combat roles anyway.