• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Words of cheer,hope,inspiration more hope

Rod Farva

Reaction score
From one if dear leaders shills. Consdoleeza Rice? No way man, she's like all dividey and stuff. We need to harangue these kids with guilt and rage....we'll, yeah....he's the AG and his boss is half black but still.......they hold(er)in a brother down.

Not sure how to post the link as I transition screaming and kicking into the "smart" phone world but I'm talking about the ever upbeat and delightful honkey hatin Eric Holder of course....Google the transcript of his graduation message at Morgan....it's a wonderful read.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I know little about makin' fancy graduation speeches but I thought the idea was to send them youngin's out with some 'can do' positive direction. He sounds a little negative to me but then, what do I know.

On the 60th anniversary of the historic Brown v. Board of Education decision by the U.S. Supreme Court, which declared the “separate but equal doctrine” in public education to be unconstitutional, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, the first African-American to hold that position, delivered the following speech at commencement on the campus of Morgan State University, a historically black college in Baltimore.

Here's a clip of some of it......

"Over the last few weeks and months, we’ve seen occasional, jarring reminders of the discrimination – and the isolated, repugnant, racist views – that in some places have yet to be overcome. These incidents have received substantial media coverage. And they have rightly been condemned by leaders, commentators, and citizens from all backgrounds and walks of life.

But we ought not find contentment in the fact that these high-profile expressions of outright bigotry seem atypical and were met with such swift condemnation. Because if we focus solely on these incidents – on outlandish statements that capture national attention and spark outrage on Facebook and Twitter – we are likely to miss the more hidden, and more troubling, reality behind the headlines.

These outbursts of bigotry, while deplorable, are not the true markers of the struggle that still must be waged, or the work that still needs to be done – because the greatest threats do not announce themselves in screaming headlines. They are more subtle. They cut deeper. And their terrible impact endures long after the headlines have faded and obvious, ignorant expressions of hatred have been marginalized.

Nor does the greatest threat to equal opportunity any longer reside in overtly discriminatory statutes like the “separate but equal” laws of 60 years ago. Since the era of Brown, laws making classifications based on race have been subjected to a legal standard known as “strict scrutiny.” Almost invariably, these statutes, when tested, fail to pass constitutional muster. But there are other policies that too easily escape such scrutiny because they have the appearance of being race-neutral. Their impacts, however, are anything but. This is the concern we must contend with today: policies that impede equal opportunity in fact, if not in form.

Codified segregation of public schools has been barred since Brown. But in too many of our school districts, significant divisions persist and segregation has reoccurred – including zero-tolerance school discipline practices that, while well-intentioned and aimed at promoting school safety, affect black males at a rate three times higher than their white peers.

There are other examples.

For instance, in our criminal justice system, systemic and unwarranted racial disparities remain disturbingly common. One study released last year by the U.S. Sentencing Commission indicated that – in recent years – African-American men have received sentences that are nearly 20 percent longer than those imposed on white males convicted of similar crimes. Another report showed that American Indians are often sentenced even more harshly. The Justice Department is examining these and other disparities as we speak – and taking a variety of steps to ensure fair sentences that match the conduct at issue in individual cases. Like a growing chorus of lawmakers across the political spectrum, we recognize that disparate outcomes are not only shameful and unacceptable – they impede our ability to see that justice is done. And they perpetuate cycles of poverty, crime, and incarceration that trap individuals, destroy communities, and decimate minority neighborhoods.

And until the passage of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, African Americans’ right to the franchise was aggressively restricted based solely on race. Today, such overt measures cannot survive. Yet in too many jurisdictions, new types of restrictions are justified as attempts to curb an epidemic of voter fraud that – in reality – has never been shown to exist. Rather than addressing a supposedly widespread problem, these policies disproportionately disenfranchise African Americans, Hispanics, other communities of color, and vulnerable populations such as the elderly. But interfering with or depriving a person of the right to vote should never be a political aim. It is a moral failing. In recent years, thousands of Americans, the pride of our nation, have given their lives – and deal even today with the scars of war – so that hopeful, striving people who live continents away could proudly hold up their purple fingers after voting in a truly democratic process. America is now 50 years from Freedom Summer. And we must not countenance, within our own borders, practices that would make it difficult or impossible to exercise the right for which so many have given so much."

What I do know is that "disparate impact" is burned into his brain and will be the downfall of our civilization.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
This guy is about as useless as **** on a boar hog.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I always thought the saying was "useless as **** on Rosie ODonnell".

And **** Holder, I still cannot understand how he skated after the fast n furious ****

He didn't skate. He found himself guilty and imposed a stiff suspended sentence.

I'm just completely flabbergasted that no one seems to care that the attorney general of the country is a bold faced racist serving in a racist administration which is continually accusing others of racism has nothing better to offer a graduating class than "watch out for the racists and cry racism as often as you possibly can." That's my summation anyhow.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I
For instance, in our criminal justice system, systemic and unwarranted racial disparities remain disturbingly common. One study released last year by the U.S. Sentencing Commission indicated that – in recent years – African-American men have received sentences that are nearly 20 percent longer than those imposed on white males convicted of similar crimes.
I'm going to go out on a limb here. Is it possible that the disparate sentencing might have to do with the rate of recidivism taken into consideration. If you are a habitual offender, with a long rap sheet, you will get a harsher sentence than one that has no "priors". But that possibility was coincidentally omitted from the speech, possibly because it didn't support the narrative of racial discrimination.

Just more evidence that this Administration has no interest in unifying this country. They are nothing but a bunch of race baiters, of the likes of Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.

Shameful.