• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

X factor signed to practice squad

Could be as good as any on our roster.
I think he's better. Wasn't he the mop up QB for the Ravens when they beat us a couple years ago - I think he led them to a TD.

This move just goes to show that they are real tight to the cap and can not afford anything better. This in my opinion is why you do not continuously populate your team with top dollar contracts.

We definitely need a secret weapon all right

This move just goes to show that they are real tight to the cap and can not afford anything better. This in my opinion is why you do not continuously populate your team with top dollar contracts.
Or possibly goes to show that any half decent quarterback is already on a roster. Don't forget he is effectively the number four quarterback and only there to make up the numbers as an emergency backstop in case of another QB injury until Pickett is back, so spending significant money on the position is not a sensible allocation.

You also can't not spend on getting quality players, just so you can go four deep at a position just in case the unexpected happens.

Or possibly goes to show that any half decent quarterback is already on a roster. Don't forget he is effectively the number four quarterback and only there to make up the numbers as an emergency backstop in case of another QB injury until Pickett is back, so spending significant money on the position is not a sensible allocation.

You also can't not spend on getting quality players, just so you can go four deep at a position just in case the unexpected happens.
Sure, I get what you are saying, I just have a different philosophy on how to approach financial matters on fielding a team.

In the field of professional football, “unexpected” almost always happens eventually. I prefer to take a more conservative approach that you appear to. Nothing wrong with that, just different.

McSorley only did one thing at Penn State, win. I'm not saying it will translate to the NFL, but I always liked the guy, he's a baller.

Joe