• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Yinz know I'm totally aligned to this happening

A few here have been talking about it all the way back to when he was drafted.

This is an agent take to look for more money

Could be, but I think it's more of an agent looking out for his client.

I'd think Washington would be all for this, provided his abilities can show and carry the extra weight.

Salute the nation

This is an agent take to look for more money
Its what he should want to do… but he probably has more utility as a premier backup te for us…

Ask gentry… nobody wants a blocking TE… but everyone needs olinemen…

But basically a huge tackle eligible TE could be very key if used correctly..

Do we sign Muth to an extension which will be for big $$$$$? If not do we leave Washington at TE and evolve his game into something more than it is now? Also, we are/will be doing things a bit differently going forward on our offensive side of the ball since Canada has been moved.

Rather have a dual threat and keep him as a TE that can be your 6th OL
I agree.
In a way......what a shame.
When he was drafted,I’m sure all of us were envisioning that huge mismatch in the end zone. That double TE set.
Pat & Darnell unstoppable. Whether it being in the air or blocking for our RB’s.

I’m certainly not ready to have him switch positions yet. He’s a rookie. We had horrible offensive schemes. Let’s get him another year,someone who will use him to his strengths.

Also who the heck knows if Pat wants to stay. There are decisions to be made. If I was him I’d be so pissed off at the way they have used him.

NFL TE's no longer weigh 275 lbs. I doubt that DW can add 40 lbs. without making his knee issues worse.

Why not keep him as a great blocking TE and a guy who demolishes defenders when they bother to throw to him?? Would we even be having this discussion if he had caught 30 passes so far?

NO, PHUQ NO, just NO

Just go RB, RB, TE, TE, GP.

I agree.
In a way......what a shame.
When he was drafted,I’m sure all of us were envisioning that huge mismatch in the end zone. That double TE set.
Pat & Darnell unstoppable. Whether it being in the air or blocking for our RB’s.

I’m certainly not ready to have him switch positions yet. He’s a rookie. We had horrible offensive schemes. Let’s get him another year,someone who will use him to his strengths.

Also who the heck knows if Pat wants to stay. There are decisions to be made. If I was him I’d be so pissed off at the way they have used him.
Give him one more year aaaand a better OC, TEs take time to develop, get their instincts evolved to find the open spots, practice their release, route running, etc

You old F@#$. :ROFLMAO: …first thing I thought of.
I’ve lifted weights with Larry Brown. Him and some other Steelers ran a summer football camp for kids at the college I went to. Standing next to him he blocked out the sun.

NFL TE's no longer weigh 275 lbs. I doubt that DW can add 40 lbs. without making his knee issues worse.

I also wonder how the knees would do with the extra weight as well as the impact of being an every down tackle vs TE.

I disagree. He blocks well as a TE and creates mismatches. He is not without agility either. I watched the Seahawks line up Metcalf one on one inside the five. He took two steps slanted and crossed the dbs face. Game over. Tell me why they couldn't do that. Truthfully he wouldn't be as good a tackle as Moore. But you pair him with Moore or Jones he's a problem. So why you wanna change that?

I also wonder how the knees would do with the extra weight as well as the impact of being an every down tackle vs TE.
Hard to say, but running around like a TE can't be a good thing for the knees either.