• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Zach Banner Tells SteelerNation He Is Grinding To Come Back

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Every single member of SteelerNation can not wait to see their 2020 Week 1 starting right tackle return to the football field. After putting together a solid showing in Week 1 last season before exiting with an injury, Zach Banner has been grinding to get back to the field.

Tuesday afternoon he assured everyone that that grind hasn’t stopped. Banner put out a tweet from his personal Twitter account stating he is continuing to make strides in his recovery and that it kills him to not be out there with his teammates.

I’ve been away for some time…

It was intentional…

I needed to focus on ME to help my chances of coming back and helping our team…

And I’m making strides to be out there because it kills me every week that I’m not…

I promise you I’m grinding… pic.twitter.com/5OJJ8LzvG3

— Zach Banner (@ZBNFL) October 5, 2021

The Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line has had its struggles throughout the first quarter of the 2021 season, but are coming off of what is their best performance of the season.

Adding Banner back to a group that appears to be starting to gel and become more consistent should be a big boost in terms of both play and team moral. Banner has always been a fan favorite, as well as someone who has increased the energy level of his teammates when he is on the field.

Banner returned to practice last week which started the 21-day window the Steelers have to either activate him to the 53-man roster, or place him on season ending IR. Let’s all hope Banner continues to progress the way he needs to and gets back on the field as soon as possible!

When do yinz think Banner will finally make his return? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I like the fact Banner will be back soon but he still has to prove he was worth the wait. I'm not saying he can't but I am saying I need to see what you've got since it's been over a full season and then some since you've stepped onto a field of play.

I sure hope he comes out and can give the Boost most think he can it would help this OL bunch a lot. He'd also give a little veteran leadership needed.

PS thanks for the article

Salute the nation

Zach was tabbed as the heir apparent to RT.. But zach has never started and finished an NFL game. just FYI.

So stop pinning your hopes on him, becaudse if they deem him appropriate for the RT,, who now is going to be LT. ? comical

Meh....another feel good story. Hopefully he gets healthy and is at least average. That will be an upgrade from what we are trotting out there now.

he is the closest thing to a road grading power mauling RT that can push the pile so harris is not keep on getting tackled for -1 or no gain

Every single member of SteelerNation can not wait to see their 2020 Week 1 starting right tackle return to the football field. After putting together a solid showing in Week 1 last season before exiting with an injury, Zach Banner has been grinding to get back to the field.

Tuesday afternoon he assured everyone that that grind hasn’t stopped. Banner put out a tweet from his personal Twitter account stating he is continuing to make strides in his recovery and that it kills him to not be out there with his teammates.

The Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line has had its struggles throughout the first quarter of the 2021 season, but are coming off of what is their best performance of the season.

Adding Banner back to a group that appears to be starting to gel and become more consistent should be a big boost in terms of both play and team moral. Banner has always been a fan favorite, as well as someone who has increased the energy level of his teammates when he is on the field.

Banner returned to practice last week which started the 21-day window the Steelers have to either activate him to the 53-man roster, or place him on season ending IR. Let’s all hope Banner continues to progress the way he needs to and gets back on the field as soon as possible!

When do yinz think Banner will finally make his return? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
Someone better tell him grinding didn't work out real well for Urban Meyer.

Moore very well may stay at LT. Chuks was terrible and Moore definitely has more upside. If the evaluation of the 2 has them even close, then you keep Moore there.