• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2 more vet WRs off the board

After all the drafted WR's this year, I'm thinking there will be another wave of WR that get cut come roster reduction time.
That is the next run at WR's I see us making - if Sutton or Valdez-Scantling don't work out.

I still think they should bring in Hunter Renfro even though that is a duplicate of what Wilson does.

I have been concerned about the WR position as well. But today for some reason the 2005 year came to mind. Their receiving corps was Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, Cedrick Wilson, Quincey Morgan and Nate Washington. Ward was great of course, El was very good, but not exactly awe inspiring after that. And they won the Super Bowl. I know it was a different time, but not so different from today.
I think this is discounting Hines Ward quite a bit. He had Hall of Fame talent and was a face of the franchise.

I think this is discounting Hines Ward quite a bit. He had Hall of Fame talent and was a face of the franchise.
Believe me, I am not discounting Hines Ward. But when it comes to the size/speed/athletic ratios everyone gets all excited over, that group really didn't have it.

Cowboys released Martavius Bryant, still trying to get mines.

I think they have pretty much run out of FA options. I'm not saying Boyd would have been a star, but I do find it funny how they spend money. I don't wanna overpay this guy, but I will GLADY overpay this guy. If this season isn't destroyed by injuries and ends up like the last several it will be because they have a lack of weapons. I can see that now in early May. How can they not.

who, exactly, are they overpaying for? and how do you know it's "overpaying"? Are you in the board rooms of other franchises, privy to just how much other teams would be willing to spend on a particular player?

who, exactly, are they overpaying for? and how do you know it's "overpaying"? Are you in the board rooms of other franchises, privy to just how much other teams would be willing to spend on a particular player?
Pretty clearly Heyward is an overpayment as is guard Herbig.

Heyward had 10.5 sacks in 2022, 10 the year before. He got hurt last year as we all know. But I was thinking, is that the reason for the idea he is overpaid? Or is it something else? The reason I say this is was Ben overpaid in 2020, for example? He did very little in 2019 because he got hurt, and was an older player. He should have taken a cut in 2020, right? (It was 2021 he took the cut to come back)

Heyward had 10.5 sacks in 2022, 10 the year before. He got hurt last year as we all know. But I was thinking, is that the reason for the idea he is overpaid? Or is it something else? The reason I say this is was Ben overpaid in 2020, for example? He did very little in 2019 because he got hurt, and was an older player. He should have taken a cut in 2020, right? (It was 2021 he took the cut to come back)
I think some are assuming he won’t bounce back. But I give Cam a fighting chance he has proved me wrong with my thinking before.

I think some are assuming he won’t bounce back. But I give Cam a fighting chance he has proved me wrong with my thinking before.
He's 35. I don't know what the best performance of a DT/DE is coming off an injury at 35 is, but I'm gonna guess it's less than 10 sacks. And if he and his $22 mill cap hit ($16 mill actual salary) gets hurt again? Will anyone be surprised?

He's 35. I don't know what the best performance of a DT/DE is coming off an injury at 35 is, but I'm gonna guess it's less than 10 sacks. And if he and his $22 mill cap hit ($16 mill actual salary) gets hurt again? Will anyone be surprised?
All a roll of the dice. Guy says he wants to play 3 years but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is his last. We’ll see.

Does Cam play WR? plenty of Cam is overpaid threads to discuss him in

Does Cam play WR? plenty of Cam is overpaid threads to discuss him in
His "little meatball" brother kind of does. Listed as a TE, there is NO OTHER TE in the NFL listed as under 6' as Connor is. (His official stat is a lie, he was listed at 5-11 at the combine.) He was listed as a "bottom of the roster guy, most likely practice squad" but Tomlin had to sign that "brother." Shades lives to have "brothers" on the team: Watt, Edmunds, Davis, now Heywards. NONE have turned out productive, to say the least. But it's part of Tomlin's "secret plan" to build champions.

His "little meatball" brother kind of does. Listed as a TE, there is NO OTHER TE in the NFL listed as under 6' as Connor is. (His official stat is a lie, he was listed at 5-11 at the combine.) He was listed as a "bottom of the roster guy, most likely practice squad" but Tomlin had to sign that "brother." Shades lives to have "brothers" on the team: Watt, Edmunds, Davis, now Heywards. NONE have turned out productive, to say the least. But it's part of Tomlin's "secret plan" to build champions.
my point was we have plenty of posts bashing Cam. do not need to do so in a thread about WRs.

you would get along with an old poster from here. Coach used to say the same stuff. Bashing on the brother thingy. of course no one complains about his love for drafting brothers when it comes to TJ.

Tomlin alone picks the bad players no one else. It is amazing to me that the Steelers have not signed you on as HC as you have all the answer. Maybe next year

my point was we have plenty of posts bashing Cam. do not need to do so in a thread about WRs.

you would get along with an old poster from here. Coach used to say the same stuff. Bashing on the brother thingy. of course no one complains about his love for drafting brothers when it comes to TJ.

Tomlin alone picks the bad players no one else. It is amazing to me that the Steelers have not signed you on as HC as you have all the answer. Maybe next year

What? He stated Hines was great. The rest though were well.......

Agreed.....except at this point I would take perhaps a playoff win.

Oh look here we are over in this thread, being not delusional.