• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2016 may produce a convention that our poloticians didn't expect

Excises and duties on imports ran the government just fine for over a hundred years.
True, but that was before the govt went into the business of taking money from some people and giving it to other people. If you quit doing that now then people in Baltimore won't be able to afford matches.

The original Constitutional Convention of 1787 convened to amend (change) the Articles of Confederation and instead produced an entirely new Constitution. We had leaders like Washington, Madison and Jefferson back then so it turned out OK. Today it would be entirely different, run by political elites! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh6qE4UZfQ

First..... I would like to second Ark's pronouncement and second I'd like to say that I would like the convention idea to continue ( for awhile ). I agree, it's possible the elites would turn our grand experiment on it's ear but just the threat imposed by the people may just shake some of them bad apples loose from the tree.... if we're lucky.

We got a Bomma Troll!

Next time you're over there, break a window and set his yard gnome on fire.

th

Last edited:
Globalization requires you to have bigger government. Look at how many of our problems are coming from outside
our borders. Back in the 50's we had 1/100th of the problems we have today, because most of our concerns were
National and within our borders.

I'd say our biggest problems come from within our borders and most are the fault of the (too large) government. Also seems to me that people were more conservative in the 50's. Coincidence?

Which posed the biggest threat 50's China under Communism or current China taking our jobs and lending us money?

The world is more sophisticated today. We have countries trying to take our jobs, cyber attacking us, pirating our intellectual property, non-state terrorism,
global environmental issues, violence proliferation, etc..., etc... All that requires a more sophisticated government at higher cost. Leave it to Beaver is
Dead.

Which posed the biggest threat 50's China under Communism or current China taking our jobs and lending us money?

The world is more sophisticated today. We have countries trying to take our jobs, cyber attacking us, pirating our intellectual property, non-state terrorism,
global environmental issues, violence proliferation, etc..., etc... All that requires a more sophisticated government at higher cost. Leave it to Beaver is
Dead.
China wasn't a factor at the time because they had shut themselves off from the rest of the world and traded very little. The enemy at the time was the Soviet Union which had designs on taking over all of Europe and nuking us.

Globalization requires you to have bigger government. Look at how many of our problems are coming from outside
our borders. Back in the 50's we had 1/100th of the problems we have today, because most of our concerns were
National and within our borders.

Where do you come up with this Bovine Scat? Big government is the biggest hinderence to international trade. If we can get FedGov Inc out of meddling in business and into securing our border we will be golden.

Big Government has not helped the working class or poor that tend to vote Democratic. Neither will scandals. The same old message won't fire up this base, but vote for me because I'm a woman might.

Which scandal has ever proved valid? It's kind of funny that we want government out of business, while the Chinese are kicking
our *** by completely planning and directing their businesses to dominate industries.

Which scandal has ever proved valid? It's kind of funny that we want government out of business, while the Chinese are kicking
our *** by completely planning and directing their businesses to dominate industries.

Too much smoke on various issues and flip - flops without disclosure or proof that she's innocent. This will hurt Clinton as will donations from Iran. I agree the Chinese are doing well. Bill loved them and had them sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom, remember?

Last edited:
Too much smoke on various issues and flip - flops without disclosure of proof that she's innocent will hurt Clinton as will donations from Iran. I agree the Chinese are going well. Bill loved them and had them sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom, remember?

Bomma said He wasn't going to be like Bush and whip out a credit card from the Bank Of China...until He realized that it's a bottomless pit of money that He needs to run the govt and He only has to pay the interest in exchange for wide open trade policy.

Political parties aside, our nation debt is a disgrace, and China is funding a large amount of it. This compromises our relationship. We are the addicts, they are supplying what we need for a temporary fix.

Obama has somehow added more debt than all of the other presidents combined. A hard law is needed to pay this debt down. 5% of our budget if you ask me until it reaches zero. This is a national security issue if you ask me, and a future generation is going be in big time trouble if the trend continues.

The Chinese are doing well in business right now because they are paying slave wages and they have zero compunctions about destroying their environment and living in an open cesspool/toxic waste dump.

Yeah, baby! Let's become China.....good plan. As to the Clinton scandals.....you can not possibly be that obtuse, right? Right?

Political parties aside, our nation debt is a disgrace, and China is funding a large amount of it. This compromises our relationship. We are the addicts, they are supplying what we need for a temporary fix.

Obama has somehow added more debt than all of the other presidents combined. A hard law is needed to pay this debt down. 5% of our budget if you ask me until it reaches zero. This is a national security issue if you ask me, and a future generation is going be in big time trouble if the trend continues.

Future generations are ****** regardless. This country is done. Thank a liberal.