• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2022 is going to be Tomlin’s Toughest Year Ever

The 90s started a little rough, but by 95 they were in the SB. And they were in the AFCC game in 97.

They weren't so bad. I mean, sure the team didn't get over the hump for a SB win, but they were definitely competitive. Remember, back when the Steelers could win a playoff game or two? Those were the days.

The 90s started a little rough, but by 95 they were in the SB. And they were in the AFCC game in 97.

They weren't so bad. I mean, sure the team didn't get over the hump for a SB win, but they were definitely competitive. Remember, back when the Steelers could win a playoff game or two? Those were the days.
Team is currently in their longest stretch without a playoff win since Chuck Noll was hired in 1969.
It's early yet but I'm thinking 6-11 next year.

I like to answer the 'Tomlin never had a losing season' with 'Tomlin has the longest playoff game win drought' since Noll took over coaching in 1969. No team under Noll or Cowher has gone this long without a playoff win.... And it doesn't look like that's streak will end soon.

I'm not understanding the reasons given. The GM is staying thru draft and an internal candidate likely gets promoted, so don't see new GM having much effect on Tomlin in 2022. The only coaching change is Austin being promoted to replace Butler, so don't see that having much impact on Tomlin. The Cowher influence was long gone, didn't require Ben retiring. The year Ben was lost early and we had to rely on inexperienced replacements seemed a lot tougher on Tomlin than 2022 will be. In 2022 Tomlin has the whole offseason to plan for a new QB. Wouldn't surprise me if the starting QB on opening day 2022 gives us a better chance at winning than 2021 Ben did. Should have wider skill set for defenses to prepare for.