• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2023 Season prediction thread

this ^^^^^. we lose to KC in the AFCCG. hopefully Mahomes doesn't become to Picket what Brady was to Ben
Naah. Easier to defend when the other team doesn't know ALL of your ****. People forget the pats***** defenses are just as good as the offenses over the years. And that's drafting damn near last for over a decade. No drop off ever.Always in the right place as if they knew exactly what was coming all of the time. It was amazing.

8-8-1, sneak into the playoffs and get blown out in the wildcard - ya gotta believe!

Seriously, 11-6, 1-1 in the playoffs.

I want to say 13-4, that may be too lofty. 12-5 looks good. How will this team progress when what we felt was the cause of the problem is still there as OC? The improvement in talent on both sides of the ball is there. They're coming into the season healthy. If the game plans and play calling are good this team is going to win a lot of games.

12-5
KFP throws 31 TDs, runs for 5 TDs / 4 INTs
Harris and Warren both with 1000 YD seasons
Tomlin coaches from a comfy chair because of gout flaring up

I'll go with 11-6 with at least two head scratcher losses and two "I can't believe they won that one" wins.

I have them at 10-7, but could see 12-5 if things break right or 8-9 if they don’t.

But yeah, 10-7 sounds about right.

Whelp here we go yet again…
Like every year my official prediction will be something like 16-1 or 15-2…

But lets just break it down a little more cynically

Based of off a amalgamation of several preseason power rankings and Vegas win predictions:

there are 3 games on the schedule we will be expected to be big underdogs in . The SF game and the two Bengals games.
Two of those are at home, and the Bengals are familiar division foes. Lets say we go 1-2 in those games.

There are six games against teams that will be slightly favored or just beneath us. The Two Browns game, The two Ravens games, the Jaguars and the Seachickens…
Lets say we split all the division games… then we win at home vs the Jags and lose on tge west coast to Seattle… thats 3-3

there are 3 games we should be good favorites in. Even as a team expected to be middle of the pack…. The three of those expected to be closer to the middle of the bottom rather than absolute basement dwellers are the Pats, the packers and the titans (who are right on the edge). All of those are home games. Lets say we go 2-1 there.

Then we have the crap on the bottom . The last 5 teams are all expected to be anywhere from bad to horrible. Now 4 of these 5 are on the road, and long road trips to the Rams and Raiders are not always easy, but we are talking bottom 6 or 7 teams including two unanimous picks for the worse two teams in the league… the Cards and the Texans.. throw in a road game in indy with a team caught between an aging out team and a rebuild… and there is no reason we shouldn’t go 4-1 vs these teams

Thats 10-7. Thats a pretty good floor for expectations this year… we cant expect 17-0 every year lol
I got us at 11-6
10-7 If we get swept by the Bungles or put up a Tomlin stinker that we seem to do every year.

11-6
I think the steelers take a step forward and make the playoffs and at best win the AFC North. Probably don’t do much in the playoffs but we are trending in the right direction.

11-6

We in a playoff game.

9-8 I think Picket is good not great and I know Mikey Sunglasses is mediocre at best.

It's hard not to say 9-8. Hoping for better, of course.

11-6
I think the steelers take a step forward and make the playoffs and at best win the AFC North. Probably don’t do much in the playoffs but we are trending in the right direction.
I would like to flip these numbers to 6-11.

I would like to flip these numbers to 6-11.
No shocker here. It is snowflaking early this year. Everyone don't forget to put away your patio furniture, etc.

I am sticking to my original prediction. I will not waiver!

I’ll stick with my prediction, there were a few other blowouts yesterday. It does make me wonder though.

I’ll stick with my prediction, there were a few other blowouts yesterday. It does make me wonder though.
I have to be careful playing pick ems every year that first week trend is the unexpected will happen more often than not. Not that it should be discounted it shouldn't. You zero in and see if they make progress or it is the same ol same ol. One thing concerning is the team can't seem to be competitive when it matters. More of a trend than an anomaly. One thing I told ol girl win or lose I just wanted it to be competitive. But they couldn't even do that. So sure it should make every fan wonder when the team plays that poorly.

17-0 and lose the first round playoff to the Browns 48-24. Never a losing season, greatest coach ever.
I keed, I keed.
Okay, seriously…..
Team is much better on paper this year and Pickett has a year of experience.
Canaduh is still a weak link.
10-7 and Shades’ usual first round playoff exit.
Boom Shaka laka, boom Shaka laka laka boom.

Last edited:
**** that, I EXPECT 17-0 just these last three years or so……….

Before that::::::::::::::::: 16-0

Salute the nation

I didn’t know this was a serious thread————————- wait, I did !!!!!!

Salute the nation