• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

3 Steelers make pro bowl.

I do think reputation has a little to do with Minka making it.

Little surprised by Killebrew, b it glad he made it.

Some expect WATT to automatically get it, this year I am one of them.

INTERESTING FACT: TJ WATT has only drawn 3 holding call all season, seems like the officiating (roger godell) doesn’t seem to give a ****. More importantly, it’s NFL’s way of protecting QBs from death.

Salute the nation

I wonder if fans will question Minkah with the time he has missed due to injury...
I do. Warren or Highsmith are more deserving IMO.

Boswell was better than Tucker this year. Tucker got in on reputation alone. It is a popularity contest.

Yeah, Killebrew had a real "Pro Bowl" performance against Arizona with an unholy trinity of special teams mistakes: running into the kicker, fair catch interference, and a facemask on a punt return.

Congrats to Minkah,Watt, and Killebrew.

I wonder if fans will question Minkah with the time he has missed due to injury...
Well I am that's a joke. You should have to hit certain minimums like games played and top whatever to be eligible. Reminds of youth football. I was assistant coach. Head Coaches son won MVP. Got suspended third game of 7 and hurt for rest of season second quarter of game hevreturned. He played two and a half games of eight.

Boswell was better than Tucker this year. Tucker got in on reputation alone. It is a popularity contest.
That is ALWAYS the case: you get in on reputation, often a year or two old. But do you remember the old days, of Cowher-built teams? The ProBowl was dominated with Steeler helmets. There were games where we had like 8 Steelers in it. Now THOSE were the days of Pgh dominance, not just 2-3 players like now-a-days. Players like:

Pouncey
Fenaca
Ward
Ben
Harrison
Troy
Foster
Taylor
Keisel
Porter
Bus
Farrior
Dawson
Lloyd
Greene
Woodson
Lake
Love
Greene
Yancey Thigpen...just to name a few. How does Shades Probowl list look like by comparison? THOSE were the days (besides the ACTUAL days of the 70's, obviously). There WAS still Steeler domination post the 70's, just not now. Now we have ONE deserving Probowl player (Watt) one guy injured much of the season and not deserving of it and one special teamer. Not quite to same thing. I'm used to looking out there and seeing black & gold helmets all over the field. Not these days. Not with Shades in charge.

If Boz was better it was not substantial. And Tuucker is the best I've seen. They cross half and you know you are giving up points basically.