• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers To Release Former Pro Bowl Wide Receiver Allen Robinson II

We can not cut everyone......In our secondary we basically have Porter and Minkah. Rest of the CBs are iffy or question marks at best. ILB we should be OK as long as we stay healthy, but we could use an upgrade. OLBs we are good, DL we are hurting. On offense we have one QB who most everyone hates, 2 disgruntled WRs and no real WR3 unless you are counting CAIII. We have no center, one OT, and our OGs are OK. We are alright at TE/FB/RB, and we have no punter. Im not mad at the cuts exactly, but now we have so many holes its going to take some magic to fill them w/ competent players let alone try to find depth.
With the money saved by Robinson and Peterson cut you can get a #2 CB 7M cap hit (peterson wasnt it anymore), a real #3 WR 7M and still save about 6M to use at Center.

$26k under and still have Cam and potentially DJ restructure if they can and then add in Muuth's probably new contract that should be coming before the season.

On one hand, if they bring in Wilson, it could completely crush KP’s confidence and any potential of becoming a franchise QB, at least in Pittsburgh? But regardless, all indications thus far are that he’s not one.

On the other, Wilson on vet minimum (supposedly what he’s willing to take for first year) is far greater and FAR cheaper than the hot garbage Mitch was!

If they did it on a one year prove it deal and/or performance based contract year 2, and they’re super tactful about his and KP’s handling. “Russ, your prove it deal literally includes proving it by beating out KP. You’re not anointed starter. After what was seen in Denver, let’s see if that was more the Broncos doing?” And “Kenny, you knew we were bringing in better competition than Mitch and Mason, so go out there and take it!”

Maybe it could work???

Based on the public perception of where Wilson is in his skills, at his age, if Kenny has any remaining potential to be a franchise QB, than beating out Wilson should be achievable? And if he can’t beat out Wilson and Wilson as the starter is as bad as he delivered in Denver, then it didn’t cost much to find out what they needed about KP and they pretty much don’t have any better long term options going into this year. Any way you slice it, this is likely a lost year, unless Wilson signs on and reverts back to the SB, all pro level he once had?

$26k under and still have Cam and potentially DJ restructure if they can and then add in Muuth's probably new contract that should be coming before the season.
DJ might be a trade over a restructure. There is ongoing rumblings...

DJ might be a trade over a restructure. There is ongoing rumblings...
To double down on this comment the Athletic is doubling down on the report. Keep in mind he is due a bonus so if they trade him it will be sooner than later.

I would imagine the compensation is in the 2/3 round range unless the Bears want to throw us a first. 😅

Also there is rumblings that two Denver WRs might get the axe. Something to keep in mind if Wilson ends up signing...

True based on recent news out there. We should be able to get a lot more than Jeudy just got in that trade.
Not so sure. His production or lack of despite erratic QB play could impact his trade value. We could be looking at a 3rd or 4th offered. I think either should be considered. The offense needs continued fresh blood. If they can get more than a 3rd great. But I am just not sold on it coming to pass.

Not so sure. His production or lack of despite erratic QB play could impact his trade value. We could be looking at a 3rd or 4th offered. I think either should be considered. The offense needs continued fresh blood. If they can get more than a 3rd great. But I am just not sold on it coming to pass.

Agree slash, but I think you might be a little short on value. If a 2nd or 3rd was offered, I’d take it in a heartbeat. I know the 2nd is a little “crazy”, but there are teams out there that spend the “crazy”.

Salute the nation

Agree slash, but I think you might be a little short on value. If a 2nd or 3rd was offered, I’d take it in a heartbeat. I know the 2nd is a little “crazy”, but there are teams out there that spend the “crazy”.

Salute the nation
Not an easy decision as the WR room is quite bare right now, you get a 3rd and maybe it is worth it but less than that I think we rather keep his production and still draft a developmental WR in mid rounds.

Who do you guys like in free agency? I'm looking at Tyler Boyd regardless of Diontae situation or DJ Chark if the former is traded

Not an easy decision as the WR room is quite bare right now, you get a 3rd and maybe it is worth it but less than that I think we rather keep his production and still draft a developmental WR in mid rounds.

Who do you guys like in free agency? I'm looking at Tyler Boyd regardless of Diontae situation or DJ Chark if the former is traded
Samuel. A few more pricer options but not sure the Steelers would go that way. Boyd seems like the most likely knowing his potential mutual interest...

Salute the nation
Always a possibility with a second. It is what I hope for.

Still have further more to go: Paying Cam $22 mill is sick sauce. Kahn better go after that wasteful $. I'm not crazy about Fit'z contract either, overpaid. DJ's $15 mill should be removed soon. Larry O's $13 mill needs addressed. IF we are gonna clean us this mess, CLEAN it the F up!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/cap/
Lets keep politics out of this

Drain the swamp!
Used in a football sense of “cleaning the locker room out”

Empty the grease pail.
From all the BACON cookiN.

Salute the nation

Lets keep politics out of this
You know one poster who posted a lot and talked about coaches and players stopped posting. And another within a ten day span created an account and talks a lot about coaches and players.

🤔😅

You know one poster who posted a lot and talked about coaches and players stopped posting. And another within a ten day span created an account and talks a lot about coaches and players.

🤔😅
Yep Joel Joel Joel