• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

49ers fired their DC

Wilkes is way too Aggressive 2-14 that big play he showed heavy blitz and should have had a few guys drop but he didn't on the 2-14 play, I have heard we are linked to Flecther Cox possibly as a short-term Cam replacement or Larry O. One thing is if we were to bring Wilkes I would like us to switch a 4-3 base with Watt and Highsmith as DE and draft gap shooting next to watt and leave Benton as the NG. Could draft Trottier JR or Cooper to be your LOLB and sign Leonard to be your ROLB and Keep Roberts as ur mack

The coaching relies on watts physical talents alone. I think a good coach would scheme around watt and make things easier on him instead of just relying on him to beat double or triple teams.

The coaching relies on watts physical talents alone. I think a good coach would scheme around watt and make things easier on him instead of just relying on him to beat double or triple teams.
Just like the stains genius DC does with the DPOY.

That offense was very stagnant for far too long. 3 of 12 3rd down conversions.

It played a significant role in outcome. The turnover didn't help either...
Doesn't change the fact the defense blew 2 leads in the biggest moment

Doesn't change the fact the defense blew 2 leads in the biggest moment
I don't necessarily think a job should have been lost over it...

Has Wilks signed anywhere?

At least he knows what being in th SB in the past decade smells like
Very good point. Still not getting why they aren't giving Austin help or canning him.

My post made no references to players being in on it. The collusion is between the league and officials, at least right now.

my claim of “scripting” means they TRY to influence the outcome of games, so as to produce more desired matchups later in the year during playoffs. The Super Bowl “scripting” is desired outcome for gambling revenues.

Do I have concrete irrefutable proof, no, but I watch enough to notice. You will NEVER convince me that officiating is this inept all on their own.
I agree with you here.

At least he knows what being in th SB in the past decade smells like
I think his aggressive nature would drive Tomlin nutz...possibly a good thing imo
he is allegedly a decent culture builder so maybe he could ascend to Tomlin's role if brought in as an advisor this year/HC in waiting

Players such as WATT, make it so Coach Tomlin can be complacent on scheme. ****-y scheme made relevant by a GREAT player(s).

Salute the nation

Very good point. Still not getting why they aren't giving Austin help or canning him.
I'm "getting it." Shades wants to control everything so an inept guy is OK as long as it is someone who just listens to him, whether or not he is right. He just doesn't ever want to be questioned, even though he deserves to be. I think it's one reason why we don't attract any top assistant coaches.